Can’t Claims ENS

I already have my ENS named bought and all that but it’s still saying I’m not eligible to claim. Can anybody please help ?

When did you bought the ENS name?

I bought the name today.
But didn’t you guys say, anybody with the domain name are eligible to claim until 2022?

People who are eligible for the airdrop can claim it until May 4 2022 at the latest. But it’s still only for people who registered before October 31st (2021)

1 Like

Then they need to be more specific and stop playing with people mind. Why don’t they say that when saying eligible to claim until January 22?
I feel like they playing people

I’ve seen that some users are confused by this terminology, and perhaps there should be an additional notice about it. It’s intended to convey that people who received the airdrop have until May 4 to claim it. It’s not intended to convey that new registrations are eligible.

I’m sorry for the confusion :pensive:

This is not confusion
It’s intentionally done.
Grateful to y’all

I have paid fee 4 times today to claim my ens. Can I get it back since it’s not eligible ?

Exactly this is one reason why I said they’re playing people. They charged 3 to 4 times for a f*cking name that you’re eligible to claim.

Please refund us

As an ENS community member, I can understand your frustration, but I disagree.

In my opinion, the language involving the airdrop details from official ENS communications has been explicit; your eligibility is contingent upon the Oct 31st Snapshot date. Purchasing after that date will not make you eligible for an airdrop.

From my experience, the ENS community has been very supportive and inclusive. You are welcome to get involved with the ENS DAO and governance even if you were not eligible for the airdrop. If you have genuine and thoughtful ideas on how ENS can improve user experience I’m sure they would be received warmly, but expletives and accusations may not help your case.

There is no “fee,” other than gas cost, to claim the $ENS airdrop, and the official claim website will not proceed to a transaction if you are ineligible.

If you incurred a fee for attempting to claim an airdrop from an ineligible wallet that transaction was likely fraudulent.

References to Airdrop Eligibility

Discord FAQ

“Snapshot was on 31 October 11.59PM UTC. If you had registered an .eth domain before the snapshot, you are eligible for the airdrop. Buying an .eth domain now will NOT make you eligible for the airdrop.

Brantly.eth Tweet
https://twitter.com/BrantlyMillegan/status/1458479311795666945

6 Likes

I’m not saying that to help my case. Maybe they were explicit on Twitter not on the actual ENS website. How many will see that tweet before but ? Very little. They havent specified On the ENS website, that’s all I’m saying.
It also a fact that they charged wayyy to much for the same shit.
It shouldn’t also that difficult to refund people if they decided to leave because of a confusion that’s from them.

Seems pretty explicit to me - $ENS Now Available for Claiming — ENS

Users have until May 4th, 2022 to claim their tokens , after which any remaining tokens will be sent to the DAO treasury.

The snapshot for all allocations - airdrop, contributors, Discord users, etc - took place on October 31, 2021. While we encourage you to continue to use ENS and participate in the community, nothing you do now will change your token allocation.

Anyway, I understand feeling sour on missing out, but many of us fully understood the situation as explained, so - and not to be rude - I think the misunderstanding here is really user side. Unfortunately, there really is not anything that can be done about it now.

4 Likes

Encryption world, this is in fact a learning, what should be a step ahead of others, and continue to learn, and continue to step on the pit, and then continue to progress. Together

What refund are you trying to get? Are you trying to get $5 back from registering an ENS name?

There’s no undoing a transaction, so you will own the ENS name until it expires. It is a token / NFT on the Ethereum blockchain.

1 Like