Cant register my google domain on ENS

Hello,
So iā€™m trying to register the domain i got from google, but thereā€™s this error message:
ā€œDNS server responded with NXDOMAINā€, can anyone help me with that?

Thanks so much!

Did you set up _ens.yourdomain.xyz with a TXT record?

Did you solve this? I get the same NXDOMAIN error. My xyz domain has been registered with Google domains for several days and Iā€™ve added the _ens.mydomainname.xyz TXT record.

Hi, yes i solved it, did you add quotation marks to your TXT record? ā€œa=0x1234ā€¦ā€ like this?

Yes, the quotation marks were added automatically.

I used a DNS lookup tool to check for a TXT record but none is found. I then tried adding a generic test TXT record with @ in the Name field. The DNS found that one no problem after a hour or two.

Next I tried changing the Name field from _ens.mydomainname.xyz to _ens. This caused the ā€œDNS server responded with NXDOMAINā€ error to disappear but Iā€™m still stuck on ā€œENABLE DNSSECā€ with no option to click anywhere else.

DNSSEC is definitely enabled on my domain as is the default

For the Ethereum address I used a public key generated by MetaMask. Is that OK?

yes i also used my metamask wallet address, and it works for me. I wrote a brief tutorial on how to register ens: https://github.com/Zilan-Ouyang/snapshot_step_by_step/blob/main/README.md, feel free to let me know if it works

Thanks for the tutorial. AFAICT, the manual DNSSEC setup leads to the same result as the Google Domains default.

Anyway, Iā€™m still stuck on ā€œDNS server responded with NXDOMAINā€. Iā€™m going to give up on this. It was just for fun really so no biggie. Thanks again for your input.