Hey all! The Community WG Stewards (& @alisha.eth) held our first weekly meeting a couple of days ago. We discussed a few top of mind matters like organizational planning, logistics, remuneration for community contributions thus far, and early budget discussion.
There’s a lot of things happening with the community and this scratches the surface - each week will likely get more and more involved with the various community subgroups/squads/etc., so stay tuned.
Feel free to share any questions or comments as a reply to this post or in #dao-chat or #community on Discord!
- The upcoming budget should immediately concern steward remuneration and current contributor remuneration. There is a second funding period started shortly after, to cover other costs. The WG needs will likely evolve throughout the term.
- The first budget does not need to be all-encompassing.
- Alisha.eth commented that we can use our budget to plan in timeframes two months in advance.
- Alisha.eth mentioned that SourceCred and Coordinape will be run by Makoto experimentally during this first term to track contributors.
Established Community Working Group meeting Schedule.
|Meeting Type||Where||Frequency||Who should attend|
|Steward Call||Weekly||Discord||All Stewards|
|DAO-Wide Community Sync||Monthly||Twitter Spaces||All stewards, contributors, and interested community members.|
|Subgroup Meetings||As Needed||Discord||Subgroup lead and all available contributors.|
- Steward compensation ~1k/mo?
- Code of conduct mentioned by Spencecoin and Brantly.eth. Spencecoin.eth, “Whatever we do should be in good faith.”
- Coltron.eth is meeting with Alisha to go over *hackmd tomorrow (01/20).
- We will use Google Docs/Drives for our working steward documentation such as meeting notes, proposal drafts, etc. Spencecoin.eth acknowledged that it was not 100% decentralized. ← Short-term solution?
- Coltron.eth will function as the secretary/lead coordinator for Community Stewards.