What are everyone’s thoughts on creating a Portal which contains all information necessary for DAO governance.
Maker DAO has what I consider a top notch DAO portal. It has the following information fairly intuitively displayed.
- Active Proposals and Polls (Similar to ENS Temp Checks)
- Information on how to participate on said Proposals and Polls
- Statistics on participation
- Historical Proposals and Polls
Note: One thing I like here is that maker’s “temp checks” are actual votes. This can be handy for determining whether valuable time is worth writing up an actual proposal by having a Temp Check on the basic principal first.
- List of Delegates (Time should be spent deciding how this list is Sorted!)
- Easy Delegate/Undelegate access directly within the site
- Bio/Info on each delegate
- Info on last active vote by said delegate - and very readily available just above the Delegates Name!
- Historical vote info on said delegate - Click Here for an example
I think this could be a good example to use as a template for ENS DAO could create. The idea is that users should be able to access a single resource to understand WHAT the DAO is up to, WHY the DAO is doing what it is, WHEN these tasks are set to take place, HOW these tasks will work and the planned effects they will have, and, finally, WHO is responsible for moving things forward.
The information should be clear, concise, and, most importantly, easily accessible.
I know @jefflau.eth has mentioned they are building a site for easy delegation, but not very much information was given. Jefflau.eth, maybe you can comment here to state whether or not this idea is as thorough as this discussion hopes it will be, making this topic moot