Distinguishing signal from noise in DAO governance forums can be difficult for even the most active contributor. A useful data point when considering a post in a governance forum is the delegated voting power a particular poster holds.
It is accepted that the top (~30) Delegates have limited time and attention to direct towards building the necessary context to be able to follow threads on proposal discussions - in the ENS forum, posts can have in excess of 50 comments. Adding more data/information about forum participants, such as delegated voting weight, can help Delegates distinguish sentiment based on token weight, as well as taking forum posts at face value.
ENS discussion forum is one of the most active DAO forums in the ecosystem. It attracts a lot of participants who get involved in discussions on the forum.
We have built a Discourse forum plugin that will provide the reader additional context about the user who is posting/replying in the threads. To start with, we would display the following about the message poster:
- Total votes delegated to them (One signal to indicate their incentives in the DAO)
- Their snapshot and on-chain voting stats (Shows how active are they really in governance)
- First token delegated
- Total no. of delegators who have delegated to them
- Anything else that is useful
The reader can decide for themselves how much weight they want to give someone’s comment in the forum.
Below are two locations on the forum’s use profile where stats can be displayed.
Detailed Profile Page
On hover over on profile image
The plugin we built needs to be installed by forum admin and enabled. Below are some details about the exact implementation
- Plugin is open source so any one can easily install it for their communities
- At Karma, we already aggregate contributor activity and have an API that exposes this data. The forum plugin will consume Karma’s API to display the stats
- The MVP will display the basic stats as shown in the screenshots above but they can be expanded in the future.
- There will be configuration options to display each of these stats and to enable/disable the plugin at any time.
We are a venture backed team building a reputation system for DAO contributors. We have a very small team of developers and have a proven record of shipping products. We are confident we are able to deliver this plugin to meet the requirements specified. The funding will be used to compensate the development work.
We pitched the tool in the Meta Governance call and was well received. We request the stewards to confirm the tool be fully developed and upon satisfaction will be installed in the forum.