Distributing the Special Edition ENS Constitution books

I think those contributors who were instrumental in the development of the ENS Constitution should be rewarded before any raffle or auction, as a thank you for their efforts.

2 Likes

@nick.eth + 1 to both the archived copy and limiting distribution to those in the book. I’d be in favor of two copies being preserved.

Just a thought, but have you looked at the process of getting this registered with your NZ National Library for electronic distribution? I believe in the U.S. getting a PCN/LCCN (Library of Congress Control Number) assigned by the publisher allows public libraries to provide it in physical or digitized form. e.g, downloading on your kindle for free from your local library.

:point_up: A government library isn’t necessary for free digital distribution, but it might be symbolically significant.

2 Likes

I don’t know how elaborate we want to get with it, but I think it would be interesting to maybe set aside say… 5 limited editions for auction. The twist being, there are also 5 associated NFTs that people bid on to win one of those 5 physical copies.

Then the NFTs could be traded separately into the future and hold sentimental valuable in it’s native medium, distinct from the physical copies but still connected to them in legacy.

Edit - oh yeah, auction proceeds go to DAO treasury, while the associated NFTs are on the open market.

1 Like

Perhaps a contest on the forum and twitter where people submit content that promotes ENS. Content creation would be a good way to filter out people that aren’t that interested and put it in the hands of people who care.

2 Likes

I think that between the TNL staff and the top 10 delegates, this is already covered.

I can ask! We were going to get an ISBN but decided to omit that for the limited edition (but we’ll still have it for the POD one).

I’d be happy to do that, or a raffle, for all 25 - whichever people are more enthusiastic about it. It’d be nice if we chose a method that recouped some of the printing costs, and maybe even raised some funds for the DAO.

2 Likes

The digital copy of the book is ready for preview here: https://ens.mypinata.cloud/ipfs/QmRbCjEw71uFsZUx9V7xTo8dLcgCkUBYYhaJNSKVSRaKbR

7 Likes

I am honored to be receiving a copy of the “original edition” but I think I, and many others would also be happy to pay for one. Why the limited run of 50 copies? Why not make it 100, or 500? Maybe we could do a “signing night” in Amsterdam during devconnect and then auction these.

Half for charity, half for true names which is heading the project. Don’t be shy on making some money Nick!

1 Like

I’m happy to entertain suggestions of a larger run! I will say that the production cost is quite high - for 50 copies the production cost is about $175/copy. That would go down a bit with a larger run, but it’s a large book and very “deluxe” so I expect it to still cost a lot, and there may be a limited audience for such a pricey artefact. Keeping quantities low to make it “exclusive” is one way to make sure it pays for itself.

We’d also like to use Blurb to do a PoD edition, which will still be a lovely hardcover, but without some of the deluxe features like debossing and painted edges that make the limited edition so expensive.

2 Likes

flagging an error @nick.eth

Not found - ERR_ID:00006

I think it is an issue with pinata as when I changed the domain to the cloudflare-ipfs.com the pdf started downloading.

3 Likes

I’d be keen to look at buying a copy of the book. Such an amazing keepsake for those who are passionate about the project. Would love for this opportunity to bubble up to the surface at some point again in the future.

Cheers,
James

2 Likes

This is now launched! We decided to give 25 copies to:

• 12 TNL staff
  • 10 top delegates who have voted on at least half of all votes
  • @serenae
  • @vbuterin
  • One reserved for future allocation

The remaining 25 are being auctioned off.

More details, images of the books in this Twitter thread.

You can download, buy, or bid here: https://constitution.ens.domains/

5 Likes

Woah, thank you so much, I’m honored… :flushed:

I was just on that page debating whether to bid in the auction too.

Is the physical “unlimited edition” also different from the limited edition? Just wondering because I’m gonna buy one of the unlimited physical copies anyway, to have “one to hold and use”, and keep the limited edition enshrined :laughing:

Edit: Looks like it is, that’s awesome

4 Likes

Yup. The contents are the same, but it’s a much nicer printing, with better paper, covers, and a slipcase.

2 Likes

No one:
Bedside drawers: Goodbye Bible. Hello ENS Constitution

@serenae: how does it feel to be honoured on the same ground as Vitalik?

@nick: Top 10 delegates counted by which metric? If counted by on-chain votes, 11 delegates have 100% participation rate. If counted by off-chain votes, 15 delegates have 100% participation rate. I guess you intend to combine the two somehow?

1 Like

Specifically, we went down the list and found the 10 delegates with the most delegated votes (as of yesterday), who had voted on at least half of all proposals. Excluding myself, that was:

• brantly.eth
  • coinbase.eth
  • cory.eth
  • Lefteris
  • avsa.eth
  • she256.eth
  • Griff Green
  • rainbowwallet.eth
  • fireeyesdao.eth
  • Simona Pop
2 Likes

Some of the names on this list getting the special print edition is peak irony, but I guess it is what it is.

The book is beautiful, great work! Congrats!

3 Likes

Amateur question , but I answered it myself! :rocket:

2 Likes

If anybody is looking to resell their book token DM me. Auction jumped a bit higher than expected. Got outdone by 14 $ENS cuz I didnt wanna boost the price too high last second :grimacing: Willing to pay a bit more. Lmk.

Thanks for that! I just ordered book number 7!

It was probably not the best decision, I bet that in a couple of weeks the tokens will be doing a unisocks thing that they’ll be trading for a nonsensical high number.

Where are you following the auction? Uniswap just says “not enough liquidity to display price”.

I’ve also noticed that there are already some users with fractional book tokens, meaning that there’s a certainty that at least one book will always be unredeemable, because there will be dust in multiple accounts.

1 Like