ENS contract showing crazy USD price

Although I wish this was real, I’m pretty sure 1 ENS token isn’t going for billions of dollars… anyone know what’s going on with this? It seems to be only on etherscan and coinmarketcap as far as I know.

Update: It is back to normal now that coinmarketcap took their site offline. Maybe that was the source of the issue. I will update when I hear an explanation.

1 Like

Hmm strange. Send it to my wallet so I can double check it. Just kidding, it’s probably some type of glitch. Have you tried refreshing the page?

1 Like

Yeah it has been jumping all over the place… 100 billion, 300 billion…

Update: It is back to normal now that coinmarketcap took their site offline. Maybe that was the source of the issue.

3 Likes

Yeah trustwallet and other apps base their pricing off coinmarketcap. Coinmarketcaps twitter was posting about it. UGH!
20211214_133711

1 Like

That was so wild. Oh, my God

2 Likes

They still haven’t said what happened and just keep joking about it. It’s funny because nobody lost their tokens, although I saw reports of it trickling down and causing some trading bots to go wild. Could have been a nightmare, but I’m glad it wasn’t serious. I’m just guessing because I get the feeling they’re just going to shrug it off.

1 Like

yeah it was a huge error across the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem. here is a snap of a wallet of mine. nobody got off with any money … which is surprising.

1 Like