ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: premm.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to make it as durable, robust, accessible and scalable as possible, with the goal of making it the Web3 standard for naming.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ](Proposed ENS Constitution)

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a developer with blockchain development skill. I am also a collector of ENS domain names, and have plans to build services using the domain names. I also have experience in art and design, and have a particular interest in ENS domains representing digital creative files like images/video as well as 3D models.

Take a look here for some context on my work with ENS: https://youtu.be/Jz3du7svzcQ?t=723

4 Likes

ENS name: Kennon.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe I can represent the people and listen to what they want. Whether is be companies or whales to artists, creators, or investors.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Have been involved with web 3 since the early summer. I know a little bit of solidity and can read code. Most importantly I know many people in the space and have made great connections to be helpful.

3 Likes

ENS Name: japes.co

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think the best way to support anything is to “vote with your feet.” So I’d really like to become not only an advocate but an active contributor to the community and help add value to the project.

My view on each section:
-agree
-agree
-agree
-agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Have been involved with enterprise biz ops as well as scaling startups from $0ARR >> $2M ARR. Technically, I have basic networking/linux skills and have an understanding of traditional DNS.

5 Likes

ENS name: ader1990.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to advance the development of ENS and make it a common standard for every browser.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution)

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a developer / problem solver with advanced blockchain development skill, involved in a few metaverse blockchain projects. I consider myself an open minded person with great analitical skills and big picture aficionado that can be of use as a DAO delegate.

5 Likes

ENS name:
adamscochran.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

I strongly believe that the success of web3 is contingent, long term, on open, user owned, public goods protocols.

I think far to often in this space this is conflated with user-profiting protocols, and that it becomes a slippery slope for any DAO to over optimize its behaviors to be ones that benefit the near-term value captured by voters rather than protecting the long-term integrity of a protocol.

For this reason, protocols need delegates who passionately and philosophically believe in the merits of the system and its goals, who have the capacity to be involved, and who have the understanding of process and governance to carry the responsibility of those delegated votes.

As someone with deep passion for the web3 space, CCNA networking academy experience and an all around governance addict, I believe I can well represent the overall goals of the ENS system on the basis of its principles rather than any short term agenda that may be pursued by a tyranny of the majority.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agreed.

Anyone should have the absolute and inalienable right to buy and use an ENS name and there should not be restrictions ever enacted upon the use and exercise of that domain name, nor any changes that target specific holders.

The only exceptions I could see existing would be in the case of anything that creates a risk to the system or results in criminal actions or abuse.

I am also do not see diverse pricing models infringing on this right, as I believe the right is to own a name space the represents you, your company, your DAO etc. I think inverse scaled pricing that increases the price on a curve if you own 50+ names could be a way to end long term squatting without harming the ownership rights of individuals or entities, and ensuring namespaces are still economically acessible.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Somewhat agree.

While I agree that the primary goal of registrations fees is as an incentive, and that ENS should strictly be a non-profit public good, I do not think that such a harsh stance on income fees should be taken.

Being a core and critical component of web3 infrastructure the DAO should not simply have the bare minimal revenue to maintain funding, but needs to have sufficient reserve capital for unseen and unexpected circumstances, as well as to remain competitive in attracting and retaining critical talent.

I think any fee generating activity should be limited in scope and scale but that revenue generation that is for the health, security and longevity of the system is acceptable.

This must be balanced with considerations for equal access to those in regions without robust economic access, as web3 should not discriminate nor create economic fast-lanes.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Strongly agree.

The ENS funds are wholly public goods. They should not be used for anyone’s personal enrichment.

ENS fund allocation should primarily be to:

-ENS itself.
-Other non-profits/public goods in time of excess.

I can see an argument that there may be rare exceptional cases wherein a grant going to a private entity (such as security audits) or a key integration may be merited when it encourages the adoption of ENS or helps preserve the health, security or longevity of the protocol.

In any such case, the specific spending of those funds must solely be allocated to endeavors that represent and reinforce the values of ENS, should be publicly auditable and should be voted on separately from any standard funding.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Strongly agree.

This is a critical long term component for the broader adoption of the .eth namespace and for web3 in general and it is paramount that ENS is a respectful player in the global namespace.

I also agree with the view that ENS should not create new namespaces unless granted them by DNS naming authorities. However, I strongly believe that ENS should directly and proactively pursue this authority, as I believe the current model of name registrar administration is highly broken and simply a value extraction layer ontop of ICANN that is entirely unnecessary.

My web3 qualifications / skills:

• CCNA Networking academy with [outdated] experience in IT, deeply familiar with DNS and classic namespace.
  • Decent at Solidity and made an unmaintained friendly fork of ENS, so I know how the technical system works from top to bottom.
  • Experienced crypto/web3 investor, involved in the space since 2013.
  • Gitcoin DAO delegate.
  • Undergrad Philosophy (which has only ever been relevant in protocol governance discussions), MBA and now an adjunct professor focused on business analysis and information science.
  • Experience in policy and lobbying.
  • Spend my full time involved in protocols because this is what I love.
24 Likes

ENS name: grasponcrypto.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To help support the community and drive ENS forward. I’ve been an ENS user from very early on and realized from onset how important it would be to web3; I look forward to helping ENS moving forward into the DAO-era.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree, but more like a disincentive to prevent users from simply sitting on names without using them.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Avid cryptocurrency researcher and long time ethereum node operator. I strive to fully research any project to its core and understand as much about it as possible. This, in my opinion, makes me a good choice to become a delagate.

4 Likes

ENS name: Commish

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have spent the last 9 years in privacy/security (startups to FAANG) of web2.0 and believe strongly in the advancement of privacy/security in the web3 space.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree. At its core the identity individuals choose to pursue in web3 need to be owned and controlled by the individuals, not centralized.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agreed. Registration fees offer a scaling solution for all individuals to get into ownership, and ownership they can control, without compromising on the underlying foundation being able to continue to operate.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree. ENS is not a point in time development and continual funding of this space, within a defined and prioritized roadmap, is critical to ensure the longevity of ENS that individuals own and control.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Disagree that this is a requirement of ENS, agree that it should be a goal to achieve. Global namespace is a benefit to offer to the community but is not required for continuous success of the ENS foundation.

• Founder of privacy startup in 2010, acquired in 2012.
  • Product Manager across startups and FAANG since acquisition, all within privacy and security.
  • Working on e2ee at global scale for messaging services. Core principles align with how to bring web3 to the masses in a secure manner.
  • Developer/tinkerer in free time. Being a PM in principle doesn’t mean a lot unless you get your hands dirty and launch as well.
4 Likes

ENS name: bishara.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am passionate about this industry growth, I always listen to people suggestions and WOULD LOVE to participate in spreading the best industry to better people’s lives.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Completely Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree, ENS should be the global namespace standard)

**My web3 qualifications / skills:
I have basic knowledge and recently started to learn more and more. I’m very passionate and would LOVE to learn more with the hands-on experience with my favorite namespace ENS.

4 Likes

ENS name: bozo.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Not only am a big believer of this project, I’ve also been evangelizing it in my network and Twitter, etc. I feel ENS is and will be the center point of the massive metaverse innovation that’s on the horizon. The true potential of the project can’t even be imagined until the ecosystem properly matures. I want to help get the project to the level of adoption that it deserves.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

I’ve been a Web3 developer since 2017 and also manage a team that works in the Web3 space 24/7, I’ve helped build several projects in the Social Token/NFT space. Happy to doxx myself if required. Apart from being experienced with Solidity, Hardhat and full-stack web dev, I’m also active in various Twitter and Discord communities. I love helping and introducing people new to Web3 and have given guidance to many (am also launching a Youtube channel soon dedicated to help new users).

3 Likes

ENS name: wavecapital.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I grew up with web2, and recognize the society-changing impact it had on our world and identity. I apply this to web3, and want to be a part of this next evolution of the web, the decentralized web.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)**
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Mixed on this - I would like to explore other affordable avenues around the ENS rental model. I recognize the necessity for some form of revenue stream to support ENS architecture and improvement, but would like to revisit the annual fee to better understand if we are pricing this well.)**
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)**
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Comment - I think there is still work to be done to better integrate ENS with other aspects of web3, but that’s what the DAO will be for right? :slight_smile: )

My web3 qualifications / skills: I’m a jack of all trades, with experience in finance, banking, corporate development, and programming (Python scripting, SQL, Solidity). I have a knack for applying knowledge from various other areas of expertise and finding innovative ways to solve things using different angles.

3 Likes

ENS name: cemt.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I feel ENS is and will be the center point of the massive metaverse innovation that’s on the horizon… I want to help get the project to the level of adoption that it deserves.

“The last technician left the launch pad.”

1 Like

ENS name: 0xmehdi.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am eager to be a part of this DAO, to help people who love building something on Web3. I can be a good facilitator.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I’m a professional python developer who is enthusiastic about entering Web3, with basic skills in Solidity.

ENS name: binancebtc.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I joined ETH community in 2019, after three years of community and the economy as a whole, understand that a project’s development is inseparable from the community, also cannot leave the zealots, and enthusiasts is a catalyst for community development, and this can speed up the development of the community, I said the arrival of web3 fully affirmation, so I am early adopters of ENS, I also want to take this opportunity to join the ENS system, and I hope you will choose me

My skills are the promotion of the community or product culture. I have led my community to constantly learn new projects, such as defi, meta, etc. These are my valuable experience accumulated over the years. I also have deep experience in the web, so I have participated in the governance of ENS and the community plan of mirror. I hope I can pay for ENS here.

1 Like

ENS name: NeonThunderX.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the ENS community with the governance & help it grow while listening to the community which will really help the adoption of blockchain & NFT space.

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a web3 enthusiast with basic knowledge of Web3 & blockchain with years of experience in DeFi space.

1 Like

ENS Name: InThisEconomy.eth
ENS name:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree: As stated in proposed constitution, the importance of a level playing field and emphasis of this I feel is core to future of web3. Equal opportunity starts with transparency of rates and consistency regardless of party involved.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree: There must be some friction to registering, and I believe such friction provides the pause needed to thoughtful registrations. The fees also are essential to furthering the ENS long term value. The fees however must be justified, and feel strongly that any increase (or decrease) must be supported by transparent accounting.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree: Funds first and foremost must be used to sustain operations. I would ask for some formalized vetting process for for teams and individuals invested in. For this reason, the ENS DAO should have clear and core values/principles to measure potential projects against.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree: As long as decentralization is preserved. This being said, I am not afraid to admit that I would want to hear more debate on this topic/have more supporting arguments. What does the “greatest extent possible without sacrificing decentralization” look like?

As far as web3 technical skills go, I have little to no experience. I do however have a lot of experience with community building, scaling of companies and ecom, and a genuine fascination of web3 that has recently changed my view of how I see the world. I am a quick learner, and have strong presentation skills and business acumen. I am willing to listen and practice empathy in my interactions with other people, and lend advocacy to others whenever I am able. Not sure if this application will be taken seriously given the lack of core web3 skills, but my passion and energy for the space is immense, and I feel a broad range of Delegates will help avoid an echo chamber and create the discord internally needed to push ENS further.

Thank you for your time!

1 Like

ENS name: lockyfier.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I really would like to become a part of ENS DAO and support the community and ENS in general

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a professional project manager with an excellent background in marketing and web3. Every day I learn something new and as an ENS delegator I could easily fulfill my potential 100%.

ENS name: collinpixley.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Since my very first on-chain interaction with Ethereum I knew the address form would hinder later adoption and cause mistakes for beginners. When I learned about ENS I knew this could be one step in the right direction toward solving for that hurdle. After onboarding many to Ethereum, I have always suggested registering an ENS for ease of use and a beginner lesson to interacting with smart contracts. I am very excited to be able to represent those in the community who agree with my views on ENS as a blockchain public good and great onboarding tool.

I’m involved in varying degrees for several projects such as The Graph, Instadapp, Rabbithole, and Gitcoin. I work for an advisory and investment firm with a focus on blockchain technology and more often than not, Ethereum. I’ve onboarded hundreds of people to the space over the last several years and will continue to do so. I educate and help people find/create value using the blockchain.

1 Like

ENS name: vajresh.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: With over 150k wallets holding and using ENS Domains it is important to ensure the long-term viability and sustainability of ENS and ensure that the ENS community grows as adoption of crypto increases. As someone thinking about consumer crypto apps and the opportunity to onboard millions of users into crypto, I believe I can represent the ENS community and be a strong advocate for their interests.

It is important for users to have control over the usage and ownership of their web3 identity without the interference of a third-party entity.
    Registration fees enable the ENS Domain ecosystem to be sustainable while disincentivizing speculative purchases of ENS Domains.
    As adoption of ENS increases, it is important for the protocol to be functional. Income from Registration fees should go towards maintaining and developing the protocol to stay up-to-date with advances in this space.
    It is important to integrate with existing systems and ensure interoperability in order to increase adoption of ENS Domains.
    My web3 qualifications/skills:
  • I currently work at SuperLayer Labs, a crypto venture studio that is part of the RLY Network. The goal for SuperLayer is to launch Consumer Crypto Applications that make it easy to onboard the next 100m people into crypto.
  • Previously: Community Ambassador at Rally helping creators (that are brand new to crypto) launch Social Tokens and take advantage of the opportunities that web3 opens up.
  • Pathfinder, Rabbithole.gg: Helping write guides (like this) as a member of the RabbitHole DAO that help users complete their “Learn-to-Earn” quests.
  • Kernel Block II Fellow
1 Like

ENS name: welulanggaring.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to learning for build the future of the Internet together & also i’m active member of the ENS ecosystem

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution)

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic knowledge Web3

ENS name: mandivs.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am passionate for the growth of crypto space and also the integration or transition from web 2.0 to 3.0 and ENS has a crucial role in this transition.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Completely Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree, ENS should be the global namespace standard)

**My web3 qualifications / skills:
I have basic knowledge and recently started to learn more and more. Good at project management and also the content creation so can contribute and standardize the processes. Also in security space so can provide guidance where its needed.