ENS DAO Delegate Applications

Coinbase in the house, Love to see it.

1 Like

**ENS name:Sidewayzracer.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like to have a personal say in the growth and future of the ENS namespace and the growth of Ethereum as a whole.

**My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ]

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/A name is how we all recognize one another in the real world. infringing on the ability to be an identifiable individual within the future digital world should be equally un-infringeable as in real life. )
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Fee structure makes sense to prevent harassment and squatting)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Disagree/I will have to disagree as this needs to be discussed further. I agree that the income generated should be invested back into the ENS ecosystem. The funds should also be allocable to other public goods through DOA governance. Eventually though, I believe the income should returned to token holders in some fashion after the ecosystem has grown and the treasury has grown to some value point. )
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/I think ENS needs to be the go to for global personal namespace )

**My web3 qualifications / skills: No real web3 experience. Computer Engineer for the past decade and understand the importance of digital namespace.

2 Likes

ENS name: victorstark.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to contribute to the success of ENS.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Involved in web3 since 2017, ethereum miner since 2020, I recently went down the rabbit hole and started learning everything I can while working as a web2 CIO.

2 Likes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Software Developer background for 25 years, working in the financial and capital market.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
3 Likes

ETH Name: goldengoat.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate

I believe that solutions built on Ethereum will be the foundation for the future economy and holds the key to future changes in our financial system. Ethereum has already brought so many people together while also trying to save money for our daily needs. ENS is a community that can really help others. I want to be apart of the change and focused community we have. ENS and ETH is the future. Lets participate now !

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 581

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:

I have 16 years of application development experience and I have developed multiple web3 applications. I’m a serious blockchain programmer with the goal to help the ENS community thrive. Id like everyone to try and get into this and being a programmer and developer I know I could help the community in unfathomable ways.

2 Likes

ENS name: daylon.eth

Hello everyone.

I am daylon.eth and I hope to represent your interests as an ENS DAO delegate.

I am involved in Web 3 because I am both a “technology maximalist” and a firm believer in self sovereignty of identity and self-determination of one’s destiny. I passionately believe that open-source software and global collaboration can solve any human problem.

PLATFORM
As a delegate, the most important concepts I will work and vote to defend are:

1. ENS as the flagbearer of self-sovereignty of identity as a public good.

1+. This is a stance I am not willing to compromise on. I will never agree to let ENS be bought by private interests, and I will do everything in my power to prevent the formation of a plutocracy or hostile takeover.

2. Cryptography as a force to preserve privacy and counteract authoritarianism.

2+. Privacy is a both a human right and an absolute necessity. In the current web paradigm, you and your data are the product, and the status quo is having little or no privacy, as every single piece of data about you is collected and compiled to sell your habits and interests as a model to the highest bidder.

Privacy is the antithesis of authoritarianism. Encryption can enable a critical counterbalance by protecting freedom of speech, freedom of association, and freedom of assembly.

This is an ethos exhibited strongly by the “cypherpunk” movement that inspired the creation of Bitcoin and the first ever global solution for trustless money. Cryptocurrency has provided the most mainstream use case to date for everyone to benefit from asymmetric cryptography and to enable self-ownership and portability of one’s data.

This is only the first step towards privacy in the digital age.

3. DAOs as a catalyst for a postnational world.

3+. This is more of a guiding principal, greatly strengthened in response to the failures of nation states to equitably and effectively counteract the COVID-19 pandemic. Realistically in today’s world, a handful of tech companies now hold more power over individual liberties than many state governments. When was the last time you contacted distant family or community, and could you do it without them? If not, you see the problem.

I believe both state governments and tech monoliths are obsolete and that we have the opportunity to create credibly neutral, decentralized, and trustless alternative systems to replace them.

The first example of this was to replace banks with DeFi protocols, and I believe this is only the beginning. ENS presents an opportunity for replacing long held identity verification infrastructure - be it Facebook, Google, or your country’s passport agency.

I believe DAOs can do a better job than most state departments at just about everything, and I believe we should work towards achieving this for a more free and open world.

See also ENS as a Catalyst for “Post-National” Identity Infrastructure

RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE
I am well versed in, intrinsically interested in, experienced in, or otherwise speak the language of all of the following areas of the crypto/web 3 space

• Technological
    – Cryptography, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analysis
    – Ethereum GPU miner for almost a year. I made a thread about that if you want to know more.
  • Game Theoretical
  • Financial
    – former stock trader until Robinhood literally robbed me. See Robinhood’s GME/AMC stock market manipulation
  • Historical
    – I have followed Bitcoin since 2011, held some since 2014.
    – Argued for and experienced the world slowly coming around to accepting money/assets as something truly digital, scarce, and decentralized.

I like to think of myself as a polymath, and I have spent years going down Wikipedia rabbit holes chasing anything and everything that interests me. Throughout my teenage years and into today, if I don’t know something, I will look it up immediately and research it until I understand it.

In my opinion, knowledge is the greatest gift the internet has to offer, and I’ve never understood those that choose not to utilize it. The opposite of curiosity is curation. If there is one thing I am grateful for about myself, it is my natural curiosity.

After all, that’s what lead me to where I am now, posting this.

Other various information

I am a United States Air Force veteran, serving as a Civil Engineer from 2013-2017.

I have degrees in Electrical and Mechanical Technology and Korean Studies, and I am currently working towards a degree in Information Technology Systems Security (cybersecurity) while also taking Electrical Engineering and programming classes outside of my degree program. I plan to earn my Bachelors degree double majoring in Computer Science and Physics. After that I plan to study Biology and achieve a doctorate degree.

Fun fact - my original inspiration for registering daylon.eth for 10 years was to set a deadline for accomplishing all of those lofty goals by 2031.

I lived in Seoul, Korea for a little over 4 years and I would still be there if it weren’t for the pandemic. From the time I separated from the AF in 2017 until April 2020 I was travelling and exploring the far East and living as a “digital nomad.” I spent a few months living in Brisbane, Australia on a Work and Holiday visa, however I left to meet my girlfriend for Valentine’s Day in 2020 and I wasn’t able to return back to Australia because it had closed it’s borders due to COVID-19.

I consider myself a digital native, as I grew up using computers since age 4 (starting with MS-DOS) and later alongside the internet since AOL 3.0.

I have followed and held bitcoin since 2014 and been following the development of the crypto space closely since then.

I currently hold various amounts of ~50 different tokens, and although I used to consider myself a “trader,” since 2021 I have considered myself a “value investor.” I support the projects that I find compelling and that I believe can change the world for the better.

I value liberty above all else and consider myself a “dreamer” and an artist. I will happily discuss philosophy with you all day.

If you feel that your ethos aligns with mine but you are unable or uninterested in being involved with ENS directly, please consider choosing me to represent you.

Thank you.

4 Likes

ENS name: stse.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Building cross-chain Web3.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Harmony owns Internet Top-Level Domain .country.

1 Like

ENS Name: Bigzizi3.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I always and want to support the ENS community with the governance & help it grow while listening to the community which will really help the adoption of blockchain & NFT space. And also want to learn a new idea that i was never heard.

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a new about web3 enthusiast with basic knowledge of Web3 & blockchain with 3 years of experience in crypto space.

ENS name: lthn.eth / dvpm.eth

Our reasons for wanting to be a delegate: :

Hi,

My name is Snider and I am posting this on behalf of the Lethean Community.

In 2017; Our project started the dVPN on CryptoNote chain tech, Crypto Winter was really cold for us; and the project stopped development in 2019.

The community ran the VPN, without a dev team until it was closed a few months back for renovations.

Our original dVPN server code survived and we are working on converting our lessons learnt into a Web3 stack.

Using Deno/TypeScript/Wails.io/Angular the technology our group are working on will secure users with DAO network smart contracts to be released in the coming months.

We have a large Web3 gTLD HNS collection, including private.pgp & sd.p with Web2 counterparts.

Our next task is to use ENS roots to build the future network of our network, we would very much like to help your network grow.

@LetheanVPN

** Proposed ENS Constitution - Reply **

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

:wink:

2 Likes

ENS name:
itokenpocket.eth

This is an application representing TokenPocket as an organization.
TokenPocket is a world-leading digital currency wallet, supporting public blockchains including ETH, BTC, BSC, Solana, HECO, TRON, OEC, HSC, Polkadot, Kusama and EOS. It provides reliable digital currency asset management services for over 10 million users from more than 200 countries and regions, with over 3 million monthly active users. TokenPocket has made outstanding contributions to the popularization of blockchain in the world, and will continue to promote the development of web3.0 in the future.

As the most important entrance of web3.0, ENS is in line with the concept of TokenPocket. In the future, ENS and TokenPocket will contribute to the development of web3.0 together.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:
• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Totally Agree

We have been building TokenPocket wallet which is a world-leading digital currency wallet. TokenPocket has perfectly integrated ENS into the various sections of TokenPocket wallet, and will further integrate ENS into TokenPocket products in the future.

1 Like

@brantlymillegan
@nick.eth
hey can we have that thread closed pleased or modified

I think its confusing at this point, because people keep applying but thread itself is not doing anything

I would suggest that we need to change the format of this or just get rid of it

It seems like people still need this tool where they can formally introduce their intention to be a delegate, maybe we can build new thread, asking people to fill in form and sign tx with .eth name but in some modified more clear way, like a ledger of current delegates

also those who initially registered for website now have this “delegate” badge next to their nick, which may also be misleading, because new people are still joining the “delegates pool” but they are disadvantaged now, because they don’t have the badge vs those who do

those who got the badge via claim site mechanism still deserve some recognition for putting the effort, so maybe introduce another mechanism which allows candidate to get this badge on forum, provided that candidate put some effort into actually being a delegate

either way I think this thread needs to go, its purpose is no more and its confusing to general public

EDIT: I guess disregard all of that @taytems said that claims website is pulling data live from this thread, I was under the impression that it was hardcoded, my bad

ENS 名称: maikejay.eth

我想成为代表的原因: 我想支持 ENS 的发展,并随着我们进入网络的下一次发展而成为变革的一部分。

我对拟议的 ENS 宪法每一部分的看法

• 姓名所有权是绝对权利:( 同意 /不同意/评论)
  • 注册费作为一种激励机制存在:( 同意 /不同意/评论)
  • 收入基金ENS和其他公共物品:( 同意 /不同意/评论)
  • ENS 与全局命名空间集成:( 同意 /不同意/评论)

我的 web3 资格/技能: 我有技术背景,但只有 web3 的基本知识,我希望提高我的理解并通过它必须提供的安全性和增长为这个社区做出贡献。

ENS name: gegere.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to make it as durable, robust, accessible and scalable as possible, with the goal of making it the Web3 standard for naming.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills.

1 Like

ENS name: natebeck.eth

• I believe self-sovereign identity is a key building block of web3 and important to protecting freedom on the internet. ENS provides critical infrastructure for self-sovereign identity.
• Proper governance of ENS will require diverse perspectives from a wide range of people aligned to the mission of ENS like myself.
• ENS should remain a pubic good and never be a rent extractor. Without governance from mission aligned individuals ENS could be at risk of deviating from its mission over time. I intend to defend against any proposal that might seek to deviate ENS from its core public goods mission.
• I intend to be an active contributor not just someone who votes on proposals. Ultimately the most informed delegates are those who are also actively involved in the ENS community.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:
• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree

• I hope to bring my many years of Product Management, Project Management, and People Leadership experience in the fin-tech space to support ENS.
• There are many opportunities to evolve the user experience of ENS and I believe my Product Management talents can help ENS.
• I am non-technical but well versed in the Defi / Ethereum ecosystem and an active user of defi protocols.

3 Likes

I’m unable to edit my application, so I will reply.

You don’t always have to be technically proficient to contribute. In fact, there are many non-technical ways one can contribute, by being an active participate in many of the non-technical discussions, offering insight, a different point of view. Check out my activity for yourselves, and it will reveal that I try to find ways to be involved. Diversity of thought and contribution allows for a more robust discussion, so please consider me as your delegate.

https://claim.ens.domains/?delegate=berrios.eth

2 Likes

ENS name:
bash.eth

I believe ENS could play a major role with various positive impacts on Web3.

I am a Software Engineer currently on various subjects such as A.I. and genetic modification.
As I continue to read and learn about the space of web3, I am only getting more intrigued to dedicate my full-time to working in this area but still unsure where exactly. Slowly but surely figuring things out with time.

1 Like

ENS Name: metahayek.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’ve followed ENS for a long time and have been very impressed by how much the project has contributed to the growth of Ethereum and the formation of the broader crypto community’s views around decentralized applications. ENS provides an invaluable service to the Ethereum ecosystem, and it’s place as a public good for all to benefit from is clear. As ENS moves to a DAO structure, I’d like to put myself forward as a delegate. I believe my opinions around the future direction of ENS - maintaining it is a public good, maintaining decentralization and further developing the functionality and integrations of ENS - align with many, or at least some of the stakeholders in ENS.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Yes, however, I don’t believe that adjusting the fees to register names violates this right so long as the fees are the same for all users. Anyone should be able to register an ENS name provided they can pay the minimal ENS fee + gas.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Yes, registration fees are essential to combat squatting and to encourage participants in ENS to use their names productively. We must balance this however with the goal of allowing as many legitimate users as possible to register their names.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Yes, income should fund the development and maintenance of ENS. Any excess funds should be accrued to an ENS treasury to ensure a stable financial position for ENS in case of a prolonged market downturn. If there are still funds remaining, ENS should consider funding or donating to projects the build atop ENS or contribute public goods to the Ethereum ecosystem.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Yes, ENS should, without sacrificing decentralization, integrate with the existing global namespace. ENS could be a useful tool to assist in onboarding legacy/traditional businesses to crypto.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have experience in Web Dev, and some solidity programming (looking to further my skills here) I do come from a technical / software background so can provide thoughts and opinions on technical matters. I also have experience in Go and Rust programming among others, and distributed systems experience.

1 Like

ENS name: dvdkritik.eth

Reasons I want to become an agent: I want to support the development of ENS to help incumbent users through Blockchain and Web3 technology. As a woman in technology with 27 years of user / customer experience, I can easily identify the problem areas from poor UX and UI design. The ability to manage a user experience with a product is equally important and is often overlooked and overlooked. For non-crypto natives, engaging new users and communities in this space often faces cumbersome bad design protocols that further fuel people’s frustration. I can help fill this gap! I think it’s important to create a culture and an environment that support equality and justice, in which everyone can have a say and is not excluded because of my gender.

My opinion on each part of the proposed ENS code

Name ownership is an absolute right: I agree
Registration fees are available as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income fund ENS and other public goods: I agree
ENS integrates into the global namespace: Accepted
My web3 qualifications / skills: Hard work never goes unnoticed, words that I stand behind and no web3 knowledge in programming. But I bring value and experience in understanding the customer journey and 13 years of experience in technology startups and technology operations in leading teams and construction teams. So I know my work ethic and I am absolutely confident.

ENS name:

landfer.eth

As an innovator, ENS has explored a new paradigm of Web3 landing. After the domain name of ENS is given programmability, the expansion of ENS is also full of imagination. At present, ENS is a subversive change to both the virtual world and the real world. This change is definitely a qualitative change of “1 + 1 > 2”. Therefore, the ENS ecosystem has unimaginable potential. I have 1 year of experience in community construction of various blockchain projects, especially in ecological construction on the Ethernet chain. I hope to be a member and contribute my strength.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution :

1.Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree

2.Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree, but more like a disincentive to prevent users from simply sitting on names without using them.

3.Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree

4.ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

1. Have 1 year of operational experience in various projects in the crypto digital field, growing with the changes in the crypto world;
  2. Have 7 years of brand planning, promotion, publicity and operation experience, served as the brand leader of listed companies in the financial field, and cooperated with CCTV2 channel in the financial project competition.

ENS name: kryptogeld.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have basic skills in web3 and i have great motivation to be a part of this technology. i want to delegate the german community in best case.

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: basic web3 skills