ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: karlwaldman.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have been involved in building and applying web [1,2,3] technologies for a long time. cryptoanarchy.wiki - Cypherpunks Mailing List Archive To me it is more than just technology but a way to help people’s lives improve. The web was original built in a decentralized fashion and it is time to return.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications/skills: I’ve been a developer, product and project manager, and technology executive scaling companies to $60M. With over 30 years of experience, across multiple industries, I understand the potential of technologies and the downsides and can use this experience to help guide the organization to achieve its goals.

3 Likes

ENS Name: Askleone.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to help onboard users through blockchain and web3 Technology. As a female in the tech space with 27 years in user/customer experience,I can easily identifying pain points through bad UX and UI design. Being able to manage a users experience with a product is equally important and is often discounted and overlooked. To non-crypto natives, onboarding new users and communities into this space is often met with clunky bad design protocols that further adds to peoples frustration. I can help bridge this gap! I feel it’s important to create a culture and environment that support equality and fairness and for everyone to have voice, and not be excluded because of my gender.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Hard work never goes unnoticed are words I stand by, and no web3 skills with regards to coding. But I do bring value and experience in understanding the customer journey and 13 years experience in tech-start up space and tech operations in leading teams and building teams. So I know my work ethic, and completely bet on myself.

2 Likes

ENS name: bull🐋.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to make it more popular, with the goal of making it the Web3 standard for naming.

**My view on each section of the ** (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a developer with blockchain& mobile development skill. I am also a user of ENS domain names year ago.

2 Likes

ENS name: Boombl4.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am active on ENS from past 6 months when i bought my first ENS , i can be a help to the community DAO.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I’m a professional Integration developer , having total 8 years of exp in IT , who is enthusiastic about entering Web3, with basic skills in Solidity.

1 Like

ENS name: likizju.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Because ENS is one of the foundations of web3 and I want to be a part of the revolution.
I already am in a small way owning multiple ENS domains but I want to take that to the next level as a delegate.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. Identifiers are part of an online existence. Entire brands and generational identifiers depend on this name, image and likeness.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. Nothing is free. A nominal financial fee proves ENS owner is serious and has skin in the game. A fee gives people more incentive to be active in the ENS community.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. If ENS is willing to provide this service to the people to be run by the people it’s reasonable for funds into the ENS treasury to be used for continued development. An individual in the ENS community is only as strong as the the entire community.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. Reasonable requests should be met with reasonable accommodations.

My web3 qualifications / skills:

• CCNA Networking academy with [outdated] experience in IT, deeply familiar with DNS and classic namespace.
  • Translation capability(English–Chinese)
  • Content ability: independently wrote some

[quote=“brantlymillegan, post:1, topic:815”]
ENS name:
lusse
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I have participated in dao in various systems in the deif ecosystem. Through many defi, I learned more about dao, and I want to become a delegator in ENS and participate in the ecosystem.
The world of ENS is endless. There is no limit to the area that can be expanded. And now, it’s a groundbreaking system that can be easily exchanged with just my nickname when I do things like bank accounts as individual finance. As it becomes more and more popular, the en will essentially come to people.

I experienced and used various Defi and participated in DAO to see how DAO operates. Personally, I have an estate in the sandbox, and I’m going to try to create a lot of creations through it.

1 Like

ENS name: ycsdyyyy.eth

It is a great initiative. The application of domain names in the field of digital currency is as convenient
as the blockchain. It is as simple and understandable as browsing websites on the Internet, making
currency transactions easier. Personal accounts are easier to remember. I have great passion to it.
My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution]

 Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.

 Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.

 Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.

 ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills.

ENS name : gustl.eth

The people whom have carried ENS to this point, making sure it remains a non-profit have my utmost respect for doing so, it’s essential for ENS to remain a public good. I want to dedicate some of my time to help keep steering this project in that direction in the face of potentially strong winds of financial self interest in the future.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree.
    The core identity of an individuals web3 presence must remain decentralized.

Although a better balance must be found for equal access across regions with economic divergences.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Strongly Agree
    The day these funds are used for anyone’s personal enrichment is the day this project dies.

• Basic Solidity skills
  • Good understanding of most DeFi protocols across several chains
  • Experience with DAO communities.

ENS name:
beegle.eth

I’m all in on web3 and want to be as involved as possible. helping anywhere I can be useful.

I have basic solidity/web3 skills. but I have access to a wide range of talented developers helping me with my NFT project Nifty Limos.

1 Like

ENS name: nft-nathan.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to learn to build the future of the Internet together & also i’m active member of the ENS ecosystem

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution)

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- 100% Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I just like many others am learning still about web3 and want to see our future grow.

ENS name: Dipassio.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:: I want to be part of these developments of web3
My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution :

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

**My web3 qualifications / skills: I have been learning and after working with solidity since 2016

ENS name: petecopies.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To assist in the community’s support and the advancement of ENS in the specific field of art circle and museum. I saw early on how vital it would be to web3; I look forward to assisting ENS as it moves into the DAO age. I would like help to bridge ENS, web3 to the realm of the art institution and museum.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agreed, but it just needs to discourage users from sitting on names and not utilizing them…

My web3 qualifications/skills: Cryptocurrency enthusiast and long-time coordinator between NFT and art institution. I am a PhD candidate on related topics. In my opinion, qualifies me for the position of delagate can help the community to bridge the interstices between ENS, DAO and future metaverse of art, museology and technology for both online and offline.

2 Likes

ENS name: harvester.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Since 2018 I am interested in .ENS and I introduced lots of people with .eth via Social Media channels.

In near future may need little revisions but looks OK.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am newbie at the React.Js but good at HTML and working on developing IPFS.

ENS name: watanuki.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I work in medical field and have strong love for Art and Technologies. ENS and web3 seem to be the solution for problems of those fields. Patients, Clients and Artists can freely control their infomations, store their works, medical profiles, etc. And in the internet world, informations is your most valueable asset. Big companies made billions of Dollar because they control users’s infomations. I believe in the future of this project and want to be a part of this next evolution of the web, the decentralized web of ourselves.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Decent knowledges about web3 as a non-coder, github copy paster, and experiments from working in some personal, community and collab projects on NFT space. I’m Jr Server Moderator in r/NFT Discord server.

1 Like

ENS name: makeabilli.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am highly interested in the Crypto field. My daily work is involved with sophisticated and professional intellectuals who also share the same passion.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have no web3 skills, however I am willing to learn. As a Systems Admin/Engineer for the DoD / Air Force, I have over 5 years of Cybersecurity, forensics, and computer science experience.

ENS name: simona.eth

My work in the Ethereum ecosystem is and has always been about a shifting from a dynamic of centralized power to one of individual and community empowerment. Working across initiatives like co-founding Bounties Network, growing community at Status and leading scholarship efforts for ETHDenver and Devcon (among many, many other things) has all been about evolving us from restrictive web2 dynamics to web3 open source economy flows.

By becoming a delegate of the ENS ecosystem, my energies will not just serve the ENS ecosystem but the movement at large so we may truly effect the change we seek to bring to the world. Collaboration is key for the evolution of our web3 metaorganism and supporting ENS as a delegate feels like an organic evolution of my work.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

• In the Ethereum ecosystem since 2017 and involved in a variety of ecosystem growth initiatives including ETHDenver & Devcon scholarship programs
  • Co-founded Bounties Network - creators of the StandardBounties protocol
  • Intro to Web3 educational program creator feat. earn as you learn model (before it was cool) across the ETHGlobal circuit 2018/2019
  • Committee member of ConsenSys Grants
  • Advising a number of new web3 projects to help make open source economies a reality
  • Community strategist Status
  • LisCon organizer
  • SuperRare DAO Council member
  • Gitcoin Dao Meta Steward
  • Useful links: @gmeverybody | Linktree
10 Likes

ENS name: udinujang.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I always and want to support the ENS community with the governance & help it grow while listening to the community which will really help the adoption of blockchain & NFT space. And also want to learn a new idea that i was never heard.

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a new about web3 enthusiast with basic knowledge of Web3 & blockchain with 3 years of experience in crypto space.

2 Likes

ENS names:

• GaryPalmerJr.eth
  • Delegate.garypalmerjr.eth

Using Netscape browsers, I grew up watching the development up Web1 & Web2.
I saw the transition of power from the old-analog world, to the new-digital world.
I came to age, online, with BBS-forum communities; building new technology,
and new ideas, with groups of people, many whom I never met, from around the world.
Everyone did not understand the early “Internet”. Most people thought it was a fad.
And while many people ignored the Internet, many users did not protect it, or its ethos.
Now, while the world is repeating itself, or rhyming (with Web3 & Open Blockchain).
We see these similar effects happening all over again, with both people and users.
I want to be a delegate to help keep the ethos of Web3, Open Blockchain, ENS, (and the early Internet). The ENS naming system, and its functionality, is a core piece of infrastructure for Web3. It is critical that we promote the revolutionary, immutable, public-verifiable, community-based, open, resistant-to-censorship, and decentralized nature of Web3, Open Blockchain, and ENS.
I want to help protect ENS, increasing adoption, and expanding its use as a public good.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

• Name ownership is an absolute right:
    I agree. Name ownership is an absolute right. No one should be at risk of losing their name.
    Everyone and every user has a right to have, own, and use a name; to been seen and heard.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:
    I agree. Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism to prevent the loss of ENS names.
    Without the registration fees, the liquidity of ENS names would decrease over time. Without the registration fees, the loss of unique and sought after names would damage the network effect of the ENS protocol. Also, the registration fees prevent squatters/domainers from owning all names, without care or regard for the public good. Therefore, the registration fees provide a balance between a free market and a public good.
    It is important to note: The registration fees, if increased without regard, could be an attack vector. This is why we want delegates that understand these many aspects of attack-risk and reward-balance, regarding the risks to the ethos of the public/open Blockchain.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods:
    I agree. Income from ENS, (including registration fees), does fund ENS and other public goods. We want to keep all the accounting and the funding information public, for ongoing transparency. We want to include the public for their input before we make decisions, for ongoing inclusion. We want to reinforce the absolute rights of users (for ENS and Web3), so everyone can enter this space, for both new and existing users; and for the next generation to protect and uphold.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace:
    I agree. ENS Integrates with the global namespace, and this brings many use cases, which will help the transition of Web2 into Web3. Many people know, “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”. We don’t want to fight the existing establishment, and we do not want to move backwards, either. Still, it has been shown, we can bridge the global name space into Web3, without compromising our core ethos.
    This benefits ENS in many ways, but to name a few:
    ~Integrating with the global namespace increases the presence of Blockchain-native TLDs on Web2.
    ~Integrating with the global namespace prevents Web2/Web3 TLD name “collisions”.
    ~Integrating with the global namespace increases adoption of the ENS protocol.
    ~Integrating with the global namespace increases the network effect of ENS.

My Web3 qualifications / skills:
I am active in many Crypto/Web3 communities for years, helping users, and creating ENS/IPFS-based websites. I have 20+ years of experience working in Web2, from the East Coast to the San Francisco bay area, (where I first learned about Bitcoin/Blockkchain in ~2014).
Publicly, since 2016, I have been creating crypto content (including YouTube), holding in-person meetups (in New York State), and working with people in the Open Blockchain-Crypto industry.
I have been part of the ENS protocol, since before the auction launch in 2017 (pre-punk ENS).
I am fierce advocate of public-decentralization and Open Blockchain.

6 Likes

ENS name: enes.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believed that would be big in the future. I want to be part of this.

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE

My web3 qualifications / skills: Unfortunately, I don’t have any technical or fundamental skills but I have ideas and dreams about web3.

1 Like

I am a self taught NFT Artist/Cryptocurrency Enthusiast. I have been working full time in the WEB3 Landscape since July 2020. I sold my first NFT in July 2020, and was hooked immediately. Once I discovered ENS domain names, I knew immediately that they had immense potential. I purchased my first ENS name last year, and since then have acquired, sold and implemented more than 30 ENS Domain names.
I would LOVE the opportunity to be a delegate for ENS Domains, and would help implement them into every aspect of WEB3 that I work with. I am teaching myself how to code, beginning with solidity/vyper/JavaScript/Python/C++/etc… Although I am still extremely N00B to coding, I feel that I am learning how to operate within the WEB3 Space at a tremendous rate. If I am not drawing NFTS, It is the main part of work that I am focusing on!
Thank you for your time, and I hope you will vote for me as an ENS delegate!

Normancomics.eth
[:writing_hand:t4::zap:NORMANCOMICS.eth​:zap::writing_hand:t4:]

1 Like