ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: Dipassio.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:: I want to be part of these developments of web3
My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution :

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

**My web3 qualifications / skills: I have been learning and after working with solidity since 2016

ENS name: petecopies.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To assist in the community’s support and the advancement of ENS in the specific field of art circle and museum. I saw early on how vital it would be to web3; I look forward to assisting ENS as it moves into the DAO age. I would like help to bridge ENS, web3 to the realm of the art institution and museum.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agreed, but it just needs to discourage users from sitting on names and not utilizing them…
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications/skills: Cryptocurrency enthusiast and long-time coordinator between NFT and art institution. I am a PhD candidate on related topics. In my opinion, qualifies me for the position of delagate can help the community to bridge the interstices between ENS, DAO and future metaverse of art, museology and technology for both online and offline.

2 Likes

ENS name: harvester.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Since 2018 I am interested in .ENS and I introduced lots of people with .eth via Social Media channels.

In near future may need little revisions but looks OK.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am newbie at the React.Js but good at HTML and working on developing IPFS.

ENS name: watanuki.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I work in medical field and have strong love for Art and Technologies. ENS and web3 seem to be the solution for problems of those fields. Patients, Clients and Artists can freely control their infomations, store their works, medical profiles, etc. And in the internet world, informations is your most valueable asset. Big companies made billions of Dollar because they control users’s infomations. I believe in the future of this project and want to be a part of this next evolution of the web, the decentralized web of ourselves.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Decent knowledges about web3 as a non-coder, github copy paster, and experiments from working in some personal, community and collab projects on NFT space. I’m Jr Server Moderator in r/NFT Discord server.

1 Like

ENS name: makeabilli.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am highly interested in the Crypto field. My daily work is involved with sophisticated and professional intellectuals who also share the same passion.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have no web3 skills, however I am willing to learn. As a Systems Admin/Engineer for the DoD / Air Force, I have over 5 years of Cybersecurity, forensics, and computer science experience.

ENS name: simona.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

My work in the Ethereum ecosystem is and has always been about a shifting from a dynamic of centralized power to one of individual and community empowerment. Working across initiatives like co-founding Bounties Network, growing community at Status and leading scholarship efforts for ETHDenver and Devcon (among many, many other things) has all been about evolving us from restrictive web2 dynamics to web3 open source economy flows.

By becoming a delegate of the ENS ecosystem, my energies will not just serve the ENS ecosystem but the movement at large so we may truly effect the change we seek to bring to the world. Collaboration is key for the evolution of our web3 metaorganism and supporting ENS as a delegate feels like an organic evolution of my work.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills:

• In the Ethereum ecosystem since 2017 and involved in a variety of ecosystem growth initiatives including ETHDenver & Devcon scholarship programs
  • Co-founded Bounties Network - creators of the StandardBounties protocol
  • Intro to Web3 educational program creator feat. earn as you learn model (before it was cool) across the ETHGlobal circuit 2018/2019
  • Committee member of ConsenSys Grants
  • Advising a number of new web3 projects to help make open source economies a reality
  • Community strategist Status
  • LisCon organizer
  • SuperRare DAO Council member
  • Gitcoin Dao Meta Steward
  • Useful links: @gmeverybody | Linktree
10 Likes

ENS name: udinujang.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I always and want to support the ENS community with the governance & help it grow while listening to the community which will really help the adoption of blockchain & NFT space. And also want to learn a new idea that i was never heard.

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a new about web3 enthusiast with basic knowledge of Web3 & blockchain with 3 years of experience in crypto space.

2 Likes

ENS names:

• GaryPalmerJr.eth
  • Delegate.garypalmerjr.eth

Using Netscape browsers, I grew up watching the development up Web1 & Web2.
I saw the transition of power from the old-analog world, to the new-digital world.
I came to age, online, with BBS-forum communities; building new technology,
and new ideas, with groups of people, many whom I never met, from around the world.
Everyone did not understand the early “Internet”. Most people thought it was a fad.
And while many people ignored the Internet, many users did not protect it, or its ethos.
Now, while the world is repeating itself, or rhyming (with Web3 & Open Blockchain).
We see these similar effects happening all over again, with both people and users.
I want to be a delegate to help keep the ethos of Web3, Open Blockchain, ENS, (and the early Internet). The ENS naming system, and its functionality, is a core piece of infrastructure for Web3. It is critical that we promote the revolutionary, immutable, public-verifiable, community-based, open, resistant-to-censorship, and decentralized nature of Web3, Open Blockchain, and ENS.
I want to help protect ENS, increasing adoption, and expanding its use as a public good.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

• Name ownership is an absolute right:
    I agree. Name ownership is an absolute right. No one should be at risk of losing their name.
    Everyone and every user has a right to have, own, and use a name; to been seen and heard.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:
    I agree. Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism to prevent the loss of ENS names.
    Without the registration fees, the liquidity of ENS names would decrease over time. Without the registration fees, the loss of unique and sought after names would damage the network effect of the ENS protocol. Also, the registration fees prevent squatters/domainers from owning all names, without care or regard for the public good. Therefore, the registration fees provide a balance between a free market and a public good.
    It is important to note: The registration fees, if increased without regard, could be an attack vector. This is why we want delegates that understand these many aspects of attack-risk and reward-balance, regarding the risks to the ethos of the public/open Blockchain.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods:
    I agree. Income from ENS, (including registration fees), does fund ENS and other public goods. We want to keep all the accounting and the funding information public, for ongoing transparency. We want to include the public for their input before we make decisions, for ongoing inclusion. We want to reinforce the absolute rights of users (for ENS and Web3), so everyone can enter this space, for both new and existing users; and for the next generation to protect and uphold.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace:
    I agree. ENS Integrates with the global namespace, and this brings many use cases, which will help the transition of Web2 into Web3. Many people know, “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”. We don’t want to fight the existing establishment, and we do not want to move backwards, either. Still, it has been shown, we can bridge the global name space into Web3, without compromising our core ethos.
    This benefits ENS in many ways, but to name a few:
    ~Integrating with the global namespace increases the presence of Blockchain-native TLDs on Web2.
    ~Integrating with the global namespace prevents Web2/Web3 TLD name “collisions”.
    ~Integrating with the global namespace increases adoption of the ENS protocol.
    ~Integrating with the global namespace increases the network effect of ENS.

My Web3 qualifications / skills:
I am active in many Crypto/Web3 communities for years, helping users, and creating ENS/IPFS-based websites. I have 20+ years of experience working in Web2, from the East Coast to the San Francisco bay area, (where I first learned about Bitcoin/Blockkchain in ~2014).
Publicly, since 2016, I have been creating crypto content (including YouTube), holding in-person meetups (in New York State), and working with people in the Open Blockchain-Crypto industry.
I have been part of the ENS protocol, since before the auction launch in 2017 (pre-punk ENS).
I am fierce advocate of public-decentralization and Open Blockchain.

6 Likes

ENS name: enes.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believed that would be big in the future. I want to be part of this.

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE

My web3 qualifications / skills: Unfortunately, I don’t have any technical or fundamental skills but I have ideas and dreams about web3.

1 Like

I am a self taught NFT Artist/Cryptocurrency Enthusiast. I have been working full time in the WEB3 Landscape since July 2020. I sold my first NFT in July 2020, and was hooked immediately. Once I discovered ENS domain names, I knew immediately that they had immense potential. I purchased my first ENS name last year, and since then have acquired, sold and implemented more than 30 ENS Domain names.
I would LOVE the opportunity to be a delegate for ENS Domains, and would help implement them into every aspect of WEB3 that I work with. I am teaching myself how to code, beginning with solidity/vyper/JavaScript/Python/C++/etc… Although I am still extremely N00B to coding, I feel that I am learning how to operate within the WEB3 Space at a tremendous rate. If I am not drawing NFTS, It is the main part of work that I am focusing on!
Thank you for your time, and I hope you will vote for me as an ENS delegate!

Normancomics.eth
[:writing_hand:t4::zap:NORMANCOMICS.eth​:zap::writing_hand:t4:]

1 Like

ENS name: wooooow.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:**There are currently over 170 million eth unique addresses, but only 400,000 domain names have been registered, so there is a lot of potential for future ens domains. The application scenario is also very broad, and I also help ESN to promote it in the community, so that more and more people understand it, and then enter the web3 world.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I came across the blockchain world through a chance in early 2017. I was originally working with IT development in the financial industry, and through my studies, I have a certain mastery of blockchain technology. Cryptographic algorithms, consensus mechanisms, development languages (such as solidity), etc.
Used to do the rating and promotion of blockchain projects in a rating company. Summarized more than 20 articles on rated projects, including decentraland, chainlink, wanchain, omg, coindash, etc., with a cumulative reading of more than 100,000 people. We have also helped some projects to do publicity promotion, and got satisfactory response from clients.
I will go through my previous development experience, including smart contract deployment, API interface interaction. I will continue to grow together with the project and be willing to promote the project.

ENS name: plantbo.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think i have the motivation to be an ENS Delegator, also i’m really into Ethereum / WEB3 technology in general

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills

1 Like

ENS name: kishans.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: The web3 mandate enables users and communities to to read/write/(and most importantly) own identity, content, and distribution. The ENS DAO will be critically important to govern how web3 is ultimately built, starting at its most fundamental layer.

** Note ** I suggest adding an integrity clause to prevent the rent-seeking behavior of web 1.0/2.0 domain registrars that encourage speculative behavior. See example here: Was Godaddy Caught Registering Domains Names After Availability Lookup? | Hacker News

My web3 qualifications / skills: I specialize in DAO Treasury management including budgeting, accounting, forecasting, and capital allocation/investing to maximize DAO membership interests in the most financially responsible way.

2 Likes

ENS name: apricus.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’m a law professor who studies self-governed groups like this one, as well as public policy problems at the nexus of law and technology. I think I can add a unique perspective to this community. Beyond that, I’m excited and hopeful about web 3.0 and would like to help.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: No web 3.0 technical skills other familiarity as a user and an earlier career in tech.

ENS name: spacebud.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like to contribute the development of ENS. It is essential for us to have a standard protocol on web3 naming.

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I started studying web 3 since 2020. I have many friends who have been in this domain for years.

3 Likes

ENS name: 0xmiracle.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a statesman, not a politician. My best interest is to help the community as a whole to prosper, while I restrain my desire to remain neutral. I have 8 years of experience in the crypto ecology, am passionately involved in voting and the various matters that exist, and I was one of the first few people to study quadratic voting. I have written specifically about voting for WEB 3.0, which is what I expect from WEB 3.0 as a whole. Solve the monopoly problem, bring greater social efficiency, and allow the crypto industry to reduce negative externalities.

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree. Name is a public good and the Haberger tax should be used here.I don’t think being a first mover should give you absolute rights.

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree. ENS is a SaaS product and typically reoccurring revenue has been proven to be a successful model for SaaS product. I am opened to exploring additional incentives.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment).

Disagree : ENS governance must not use the funds to support projects that conflict with the goals of ENS.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment):
Agree. ENS governance must not create new top-level domains unless those domains have been granted to ENS by a DNS authority.

• Been in Bitcoin scene since 2012. I still have old Bitcoin wallets from 2017.
  • Previously a Chairman of the Governance Committee at a Bitcoin exchange, Defi protocol.
  • Previously at a crypto hedge fund working in prop trading.
  • Currently working on DAO on Ethereum using solidity and other web3 technologies. I understand solidity, familiar with the popular EIPs ad Ethereum’s history, and understand how protocols work across the blockchain.
  • I’m very adept with defi products and trading.
2 Likes

ENS name: bretthenry.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS is one of my favorite Ethereum protocols and I have already purchased 10 ENS domains ytd. Additionally, I own dozens of DNS TLDs (via Google domains) for my coffee roasting company, juice company, etc. and understand the value of quality name services that provide excellent ui/ux.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: AGREE
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: AGREE
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: AGREE
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: I believe this article needs more clearly defined to consider owners of existing ENS domains who do not also own the DNS TLD.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Community building and guild involvement within DAOs (Bankless primarily, but also Royal.io and DAOpunks). DAO formation (1 on Mainnet, 1 on Polygon), one of which is a decentralized coworking community/space in Nashville, TN called DECO. R&D for liquidity provision and yield farming on Mainnet and L2.

ENS name: Hearsay.eth

I’m a crypto lawyer (and former software developer) with a passion for the decentralized web. ENS is a critical building block for crypto’s future. Delegating to hearsay.eth means your governance tokens will always be voted thoughtfully with an eye toward the long term success of open platforms and decentralization. It also means your shares will be voted strategically to best position ENS with respect to whatever regulatory hurdles politicians may attempt to throw in the way.

Of course name ownership is an absolute right. Of course registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism (and not as a for-profit reward). Of course income to ENS ought to fund ENS and other public goods. And of course ENS integrates with the global namespace. These guiding principles of ENS are non-negotiable and will guide every vote of your governance tokens.

I was a software developer during the dot-com heydays. These days I offer legal services for DAOs, NFT projects, DeFi, and other things in the crypto space. I still tinker in JavaScript for generative art and other metaverse projects. If you’re looking to get a sense of me, you can check out @hearsay_law on twitter, where I’m as likely to be discussing flow fields as I am Wyoming’s DAO law.

My commitment to anyone delegating to me is to keep myself apprised, carefully, of any proposals and to vote those shares thoughtfully. I’m in this to give back to the community and have a strong bias against any proposals seeking to reward delegates personally.

**ENS name:yuanwanhogd.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:I am a metaverse enthusiast from China. My friends and I have run several blockchain-related communities, hoping to contribute to the development of ENS

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)Agree
    My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills.

ENS Name: hacktheworld.eth

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills : I Am a software developer familiar with web and mobile development. Also Have web3 experience