Steward nomination: Meta-Governance working group

This post relates to steward nominations for the Meta-Governance working group of the ENS DAO, for the first term of 2022.

Please see this post for context on how steward nominations and steward elections will work.

The steward nomination window for the first term of 2022 will be open from 9am UTC on January 5, 2022 to 9am UTC on January 9, 2022.

For an individual to be elected as a working group steward, they must:

1. Nominate yourself as a steward during the nomination window; and
  2. Receive 10k votes in support of your nomination to be included on the ballot for the steward election; and
  3. Be one of the top three ranked nominees in the steward election for a particular working group.

Stewards will carry out responsibilities related to the administration and operation of working groups, as set out in EP4, under Rule 4.5.

Any person is eligible to nominate themselves to be a steward of a working group during the nomination window.

In order to nominate yourself as a steward, you must have write-access to all of the categories in the governance forum. Please submit the Participant Request form if you require write-access. If you have submitted the form and have not received a response it is because there is an invalid entry in your form. Please resubmit the Participant Request form.

Instructions

To nominate yourself as a steward, follow these three steps:

1. Reply to this post with the following information:
  • Link to Snapshot: (fill this in after Step 2)
  • Preferred Name:
  • ENS name:
  • Forum username:
  • Twitter (optional):
  • Why do you want to be a steward of this working group?
  1. Create a Snapshot vote in the ENS WG Steward Nomination space here. Select “New Proposal” and use the following template:
  • Title: [[Name of working group]] Nominate [your preferred name or ENS name]
    example: [Meta-Governance] Nominate alisha.eth
  • Body: copy and past your forum reply from above which includes your preferred name, ENS name, forum username, Twitter profile link (optional), and why you want to be a steward of this working group.
  • Select the start date and time as your current local date and time
  • Select the end date as the equivalent of 9am UTC Jan 9 in your local time
  • For help converting timezones, you can consult this website.
  1. Once you have replied with your nomination post and created a Snapshot vote, you can edit your forum post and include a link to your Snapshot vote.

After successfully nominating yourself to be a steward, you are able to campaign for 10k votes in support of your nomination on Snapshot. Any nominee with 10k votes supporting their steward nomination will be included in the ballot for the steward election.

The steward election will start at 9am UTC on January 10, 2022 and remain open for 120 hours. The role of steward in the relevant working group will be offered to nominees based on the order in which they are ranked within the working group election.

Please post any questions in this thread and reserve replies to this post for nominations only. If you would prefer to chat in Discord, please comment in the Steward Nomination thread under the #DAO-chat channel, and tag alisha.eth.

6 Likes

Link to snapshot: [Meta-Governance] Nominate SpikeWatanabe.eth

Preferred name: Spike Watanabe

ENS name: SpikeWatanabe.eth

Forum username: SpikeWatanabe.eth

Twitter: SpikeWatanabe

Why do you want to be a steward of this working group :man_cartwheeling:

Hey ENS fam! :wave: I’ve been following ENS for the past several years, registered my full legal name back in 2018. For the period since August till November 2021 I volunteered as support on discord onboarding many users. Got elected as one of top DAO delegates with strictly organic community votes, none of the voting power ever been bought from the market.

My professional expertise is focused around sophisticated analysis covering financial markets, public companies and business valuation. I have been involved in Web3 since 2016 mainly in research capacity covering analysis of protocols and hands on tracking development of projects. Meta-governance working group is focused on DAO governance mechanics, treasury management and legal / accounting aspects. Owing to my professional background I am looking to bring best practices in the fields of transparency and accountability, that includes work with ENS accounting system, liaising with existing ENS advisors and building meaningful regular operational / transparency reports for the benefit of wide group of interested parties.

I developed working / friendly relationship not only with ENS core team, but with active ENS community members who will also be nominating themselves in various groups. I am passionate about Web3 and have relevant skills to be effective steward.

Please vote for me! :v:

3 Likes

[Meta-Governance] InterplanetaryCompany.eth

Link to [Meta-Governance] Snapshot: [Meta-Governance] Nominate InterplanetaryCompany.eth
Preferred Name: INPLCO
ENS name: InterplanetaryCompany.eth
Forum username: inplco
Twitter: @inplco
GitHub: inplco

Why do you want to be a steward of this working group?

Future is codified, efficient, equitable and censorship-resistant. ENS is simply the first step toward that future. I am here to play a concrete part in it after spending a long time on the sidelines honing my skills. Find more about me at http://inpl.one

Technical Skills: Python, Unix/Linux Shell, JavaScript, C/C#, Rust, XML, CSS, HTML, R, Solidity, MatLab, Latex, Git, Node.js, React.js, InkScape, GIMP, Mathematica, HTCondor, BOINC

Experience: Doctorate in Astrophysics & Applied Mathematics, currently a Scientist at Max Planck Society, formerly at LIGO.

Projects: LIGO, Einstein@Home

TL;DR I code a lot and I am good at it

1 Like

nominate avsa.eth to public goods

Name: Alex Van de Sande
ENS name: avsa.eth
Forum username: avsa
Twitter: avsa

I believe if we want to bring everyone in the fold, we need to focus on all the non-speculative good that blockchains can do to the world. And ENS, a pioneer NFT for identity, should be on the forefront.

(Snapshot pending)
Nominate avsa.eth to ecosystem

Name: Alex Van de Sande
ENS name: avsa.eth
Forum username: avsa
Twitter: avsa
Why do you want to be a steward of this working group

Since a steward can participate in two groups and I don’t know how much engagement we’ll have, I’d like also to volunteer for the ecosystem working group, because it’s important work.

Link to Snapshot

Preferred Name: Nate

ENS name: natebeck.eth

Forum username: natebeck

Twitter (optional): natebeck

I’m excited to be applying for the Steward role with the meta-governance working group. I have nearly eight years of experience as a Product Manager/Owner with experience building and supporting finance technology product launches, and an additional seven years of experience in finance and accounting roles.

Over the past two years I have played a leadership role in the launch of two innovative technology products for a leading “Trad-Fi” firm. For both products I was involved in the planning, building, and product launch phases and responsible for the development of product success metrics.

I am a believer in blockchain technology and its potential to change the world of finance and the internet for the better. ENS is uniquely positioned to be a foundational building block of this new future that includes greater personal privacy, freedom, and sovereignty.

As a steward I will have three key priorities 1) helping insure a positive culture where contributors are treated with kindness and respect but also feel comfortable offering differing views 2) helping ensure the DAO is working on the right priorities at the right time that contribute toward ENS’ core mission 3) establishing best practices for governance that form a firm foundation as the DAO gets its footing.

1 Like

Steward Nomination for GaryPalmerJr.eth,
for the Meta-Governance working group.

I am seeking to become a steward of this working group to help ENS and its users around the world, to build protocol network effects, tangible community benefits, and significant cultural meaning. If you know me, then you know I am passionate people, and I fight for user and market freedom.
I care deeply for decentralization, Web3 is lost if we lose “RIPCORD” principles; and there are many ways to pierce the many principles of this ethos.

I hold empathy for others, I know everyone is fighting a battle; and we need each other to survive. I am willing to do the work, to speak my truth, and to call-out nonsense; I am an outsider without commitment to a tribe or investors, I am not seeking approval or a job from anyone in Crypto or Web3, and so, I have zero hesitancy to share my opinions, work with others, and fight for our freedoms and decentralization.

As a Marketing-technology professional, I have 20+ years experience working in Web2. I have experience helping startups and Fortune 500 companies, from New York and Atlanta to San Francisco and around the world. I first learned about Bitcoin/Blockchain in ~2014; and I have been active in Crypto/Web3, helping users publicly since 2016; I have been creating crypto content (including YouTube), holding in-person meetups (in New York State), and working with people in the Open Blockchain industry.

Also, I have been part of the ENS protocol since the auction launch in 2017 (pre-punk ENS). I care deeply about the ENS protocol and community. ENS is an area of Web3 that is important for everyone, and more so into the future. Now, I am seeking to help further in the ENS DAO ecosystem, as part of this working group for Meta-Governance.

2 Likes

Steward Nomination for simona.eth for the Meta-Governance working group

• Link to Snapshot : [Snapshot ]
  • ENS name : simona.eth
  • Preferred Name : simona
  • Forum username : @simona_pop
  • Twitter (optional): @Sim_Pop
  • My ENS Delegate Application : ENS DAO Delegate Applications - #444 by Pop
  • Why do you want to be a steward of this working group :
    “Doing” governance right is a key aspect of evolving our ecosystem and its structures to a level where they are genuine alternatives to the broken socio-economic dynamics in place today.
    By working in the MG workstream, my energies will not just serve the ENS ecosystem but the movement at large so we may truly effect the change we seek to bring to the world. Collaboration is key for the evolution of our web3 metaorganism so supporting & designing emergent gov patterns feels like an organic evolution of my work.
1 Like

Hey frENS! I’m Zadok7.eth. We all have a story about how we first encountered ENS. I’d like to share a bit of mine. I hope you reflect on yours also. I think it’s important because all of our stories are what makes up ENS. My entry to ENS happened one day while researching how to build decentralized websites. One of the core ENS members had built an example of exactly what I wanted to do, and I was amazed that was even possible. Soon, I began listening to Twitter spaces about ENS to learn as much as I could. While doing so, I observed the core team was never far away or inaccessible. They were actually very involved with the community. In fact, they’d answer the same questions over and over on these calls. They were happy to do this though. Even the simplest of questions were answered without any judgment.

Then came the surprise ENS governance token and formation of the ENS DAO. We were “airdropped responsibility” a core ENS member said. This is when things came into clearer focus for me. I now understood that the core team was so caring and nurturing of the ENS community, because they would literally be handing over the future of ENS to the DAO one day. It now made sense why the very busy core team members took the time they did and still do with the community. With the same spirit, I would love to serve as a Steward in the Meta-Governance Working group.

Some have described me as a non-linear thinker. I tend to try to see many angles and possibilities when deciding to take action. I believe that could be helpful for this Steward role, because ENS will continue to navigate uncharted waters in web3 and DAO governance. The goal of ENS to become THE standard decentralized public naming protocol of web3 is no small mission. I believe ENS can become that, but not without proper DAO governance adhering to the long term vision and viability of ENS. The Meta-Governance Working group will be crucial to this success.

You should also know that I’m very passionate about the use of ENS as a public good. I think this excites me the most about ENS and web3 in general. We’re at a very interesting time in history and socio-technical evolution. So much good can be done. The opportunity is there, and I believe the ENS DAO will play a big role in this future. I look forward to being a contributor as well as a Steward in the Meta-Governance Working group.

If you want to know a bit more about my own dreams and interests, please check out a few of my posts here:

https://zadok7.eth.limo 1 ← IPFS + ENS <3
or
https://zadok7.org 2

Thanks for reading and considering me for nomination.

2 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot: Snapshot
  • Preferred Name: Jeff
  • ENS name: jmj.eth
  • Forum username: jmj
  • Twitter (optional): https://twitter.com/jmj

I’ve been lucky to be an ENS delegate for the past two months and have loved the role. I believe deeply in the importance of identity for web3 to succeed. ENS governance will face critical decisions in the upcoming months related to product, treasury management, and building productive working groups. I’d love to take a more active role.

Steward Nomination for the Meta-Governance working group

After helping launch the ENS DAO, :fire:_ :fire: is excited to continue our contriubtion towards the Meta-Governance working group for ENS DAO.

Link to Snapshot:Snapshot

• Preferred Name: bardo

• ENS name: bard0.eth

• Forum username: bardo

• Twitter: https://twitter.com/nodefemme

• I am a global citizen who is passionate about bringing in inclusivity with an extensive experience in governance by building dApps and participating in hackathons and blockchain organizations.
    • I bring in diversity and inclusivity.
    • I was born and raised from a third-world country and the impact with decentralization will benefit the unbanked to have direct access to capital.
    • I am one of the head organizers of the Women in Blockchain spearheaded by Thessy Mehrain, director of Innovation at Consesys.
    • Since 2017,I have been part of the cryptocurrency ecosystem and volunteered as a communications consultant for a BitcoinATM.I helped out in the educational and social impact of crypto and blockchain.
  • Experience in DAOs & Governance

• Currently, Community Lead for the Stoner Cats and Big Head Club (an NFT studio). I am currently providing access and tools to the the existing SC DAO Council of Cats titled Metawood Studios.
    • Experience with Governance via the following:
      • Project Manager and Steward for winning hackathon projects focused on governance:
        • [Oct 2020] First place winner for the WYOHACKATHON2020 #Blockchain-Voting-Challenge we won 1 bitcoin and worked with Brittany Kaiser. The dApp is built on Solidity. Our team created a working protocol focused on self-sovereign identity and verifying ballot tabulation using blockchain technology. Check out here: WYVote2021 & Beyond! | Devpost. I helped out in writing the white paper. I supported with conducting research on the problems.
        • Top 20 projects on governance for the Solana Foundation x Serum DeFi Hackathon 2021. We are the only women-led team out of the 20 projects. We successfully submitted A DeFi (Decentralized Finance) applications project for Corporate Governance using Solana Blockchain. I created DAO design and supported the developers.
      • [Dec 2020] Volunteer work with the Governance Research Institute spearheaded by Berkeley Blockchain Mentors Michelle Tsing and Eliott Teissonniere. We did research and engaged in the Telegram group channel on the impact of DAOs and Governance.

Vote for me here: Snapshot