ENS name: schlabach.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
- We have a chance to ensure a fair and open namespace with ENS. I’ve experienced the negatives of the legacy system (e.g. domains that I wanted were bid up after I looked at them) and I want to do everything I can to stop that from happening in web3.
- I also believe I have the skills to communicate effectively and in easy-to-understand language that will help the community gain an understanding of the key issues facing the ENS protocol and DAO (see skills below)
My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 255
- Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
- Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree - this has particularly been an issue in DNS. Registration fees have served a cartel of domain brokers and squatters. Domains should be priced fairly but not in a manner that allows for easy speculation and domain squatting.
- Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
- ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
My web3 qualifications / skills: I’ve been working with Llama on treasury management solutions since the spring of 2021 and have participated in governance discussions specifically focused on treasury related problems. Llama has worked with Aave, Uniswap, Gitcoin, FWB, and other communities. I also write Easy DeFi, a weekly blog using simple language that helps beginners learn about crypto and DeFi.