ENS Mission Statement

@Coltron.eth suggested getting on a voice call and I agree.

How about those who want to participate reply here or on discord and we will organizing something that works. I see this as a brainstorming session with the outcome being a couple potential mission statements. Afterwards we can circulate to folks who weren’t able to attend and then make a formal proposal.

I don’t think we need to rush, ethereum and ENS have a long time span ahead of them. I’d rather sacrifice a little bit of speed for greater participation. At the same time getting a call going in the next 2 weeks would be ideal.

I’m in central time (UTC minus 6), and Tuesday November 23 is fairly open.

If someone has a better way to schedule a call, I’d love to hear it.

(tagging @alisha.eth as an FYI)

2 Likes

:100: Agree.

I’m PST (UTC -8). November, 23rd works.

We definitely should get @SpikeWatanabe.eth in the call.

2 Likes

Am I invited on the 23rd? :laughing:

I think idea here is that you don’t have to be invited for this

Rather we are looking for like minded individuals who really understand what ENS is about, so that we can think together how to enhance ENS image

that is to build and refine mission statement, slogan, overall image, make it very snapy, so that it jumps on to consumer, conveys a message and very easy to understand

as @slobo.eth pointed out this is very difficult piece of work, requires some thinking and iterations

it is unlikely to win anyone fast political points on delegates arena :sweat_smile:, but could be really interesting discussion and interesting work

so that being said, I just keep wondering, maybe we have any professional image makers in our midst?

2 Likes

To be clear all are welcomed and invited.

You don’t have to be a delegate, or an ENS holder. As long as you care about helping ENS DAO.

Goal of the ask was the see how many people are interested and then get something on the calendar.

So far we have:
@SpikeWatanabe.eth
@daylon.eth
@Coltron.eth
@Schuschereba.eth
@grasponcrypto.eth
@arikan.eth
@kourosh.eth
@sadsumo

4 Likes

also there was this lady, I was randomly helping her to fix .eth name, and it just turns out that she is one of those consumer know all strategist branding person, lets see if she might be interested

I would like to join in on this discussion.

@Schuschereba.eth edited my post to include you and will do for anyone who chimes in.

1 Like

Thank you!

depending on the selected time slot, i’d join

I’d be up to joining. Though I’ll know for sure when the time is selected.

I’ll start reading through the resources mentioned, in the mean time.

I’m also interested to be apart of this discussion. Where will this discussion take place? In a ZOOM like call or Twitter Spaces?

Twitter spaces is most accessible. Someone suggested https://meet.jit.si

Open to suggestions.

How’s 8pm UTC (2pm central) looking for folks?

2 Likes

Twitter Spaces would be a good place because other folks can tune in and listen. It will also be good marketing for the ENS DAO as a whole. If we could get alisha.eth to host/moderate that would be good because she is the Community Manager of ENS.

I have started a thread in the Discord, currently under the #General channel where we can discuss timing and platform for this call. Discord might be a better place for coordination. We can come back and post details here once they are confirmed.

When we have a time, I will add this event to the ENS DAO calendar and also share it in the #events channel in Discord.

3 Likes

I am interested in this discussion.

1 Like

on an experimental basis, when an amount of people believes in the importance of a proposal, it may deserve a special temporary discord room.
I am not familiar with discard threads, but I guess there could be one specific to this problem (I see one about mission and twitter space, but I also see it is going to be archived after 24h of inactivity and this won’t fit).
The important is not to mix too much the discussions, and not to lose the content.

@slobo.eth and @alisha.eth - I forgot that I have some pre thanksgiving plans on nov 23rd starting at 2pm central. I can do any time earlier that day. However, don’t change the time just for me. Majority rules.

I was thinking of a slogan for ENS and this is what first came to mind: Single sign on for web3

1 Like

I’m planning to attend as well!

Thanks to @slobo.eth for making an Event Page.

Anyone that is interested in participating (or just listening) please feel free to join!