ENS Roadmap 2020?

Hi Brantly,

Thanks for opening this new forum! I have to say that I really enjoy reading your updates on Medium and how you guys handled the bug fix, well done!

I was wondering if there is some kind of public roadmap for ENS? Do you know when the bigger players like Coinbase (not just CB wallet) and Ledger are going to support ENS? From my point of view ENS is an amazing system but the main road block is still the blockchain inherent privacy issue.

1 Like

Thanks! And great questions. We don’t have a public roadmap posted anywhere but I can share some of our plans here.

We’ve been working on some clean-up re edge cases from the bug fix, and we have some new Manager features we’ll hopefully be adding soon. Then our next big thing is full DNS namespace integration (basically rolling out what is currently true for .XYZ names to most other TLDs). We have some ideas of ways we could make at least the registration of ENS names more private that we may implement later this year, we have more Manager improvements, will likely revamp our website, may expand our DNS records project, et al.

Re privacy, do you have some specific ideas in mind? Remember, ENS is an open source, community driven project, so if you have something you’d like to contribute, please feel free!

Hi Brantly,

Thanks for your detailed response!

Regarding the privacy aspect, I unfortunately don’t have an idea as long as it is not implemented blockchain wide (like EY’s nightfall). Will let you know if I can come up with an idea.

1 Like

Here’s an update on this topic: ENS Roadmap as of March 2020 - seeking feedback