Before the Nomination Window opens for the Second Term steward elections next month (9am UTC Monday June 6), I want to start a discussion about possible amendments to EP4 (Working Group Rules).
Once I have received feedback here in the temp check, I will draft the appropriate wording and move the EP4 amendments to a draft proposal in the coming days for further discussion.
The proposed amendments are:
- Amend rule 4.6 to change “March” to “April”.
- Amend rule 4.6 to make the Funding Window last the whole month rather than the last 15 days of the month.
- Add a new rule in rule 4.5 stating that each WG must appoint a lead steward.
- Amend rule 4.1 to take the number of WG stewards in each WG down from five to three.
- Remove the requirement for TNL stewards in WGs by removing rule 8.2 and amending rule 8.3.
- Amend rule 9.1.2 to state that stewards can only be removed by a vote of the majority of elected stewards across all WGs.
Interested to hear everyone’s thoughts. If you have any feedback or other amendments that you would like to see, please comment below.
Ideally these amendments will be drafted and go to a vote before June 1 so any amendments that are passed are implemented in time for the next steward elections.