Expiring Domains List of the Day

We can create a section of the website where we can see the expiring domains of the day instead of searching for ones we want. I think this will be good so people can save time searching for all the domains they want

4 Likes

That might be quite difficult to execute, but not impossible.
:thinking: I hesitate to fully agree though because I feel like the utility to those of us who would check something like that and then think ā€œoh yeah I need to renew thatā€ seems small in comparison to the amount of potential ā€˜snipingā€™ of other peopleā€™s domains.
I just wonder if a tool like that would be maliciously misused more that it might be useful.
Does anyone else have an opinion though?

6 Likes

My first thought agrees with yours. That I see this as a tool for domain snipers rather than having a real utility for real users. If a real user wants one or two domains that happens to be registered, itā€™s pretty easy for them to just write down the expiration dates and check them.

3 Likes

I agree with the others, such a list I think would only encourage sniping and squatting. Thereā€™s nothing preventing anyone else from building their own third-party tool to list these domains though

4 Likes

It would also have to take into consideration the Grace period of 90 after a domain has expired. Also as others have stated, I feel it would just increase the number of domain snipers. I prefer the idea of someone thinking of a domain that they want, searching for availability and purchasing. Seems more organic that way.

4 Likes

This is already possible using Dune.xyz. See: Dune Analytics

I am not in favor of integrating this feature into the domain manager. This will encourage domain sniping as others have mentioned. There already is the current functionality in the domain manager that allows users to favorite names and receive expiration reminders.

3 Likes

I have Dune dashboard which has exactly that Dune Analytics . Agree with others. I donā€™t see the need to integrate this info as part of ENS dashboard, though we can put the link into ENS App as many people ask the same question on Dsicord.

3 Likes

This is definitely an interesting idea.

I would like to reward those who have been diligently waiting for an expiration of a specific name but also see the value in making the community more informed.

How granule would the data be? Would it tell you what exact time it expires?

1 Like

Look what was on my Twitter feed

2 Likes

Lol oh well it already exists :rofl:
I still think itā€™s something thatā€™ll more likely used for nefarious reasons instead of altruistic onesā€¦ but whatā€™re you gunna do? Thatā€™s the world we live in I guess :confused:

1 Like

very good, it is a good chance for me to buy.