Hacked Claim: Is there any recourse for the individuals that have been hacked

I have been a supporter of ens domains for a long time and have purchased several. I was eligible for claim and went to site to only see that it had already been claimed. 195 ens claimed! After following the transactions it seems that this individual has been able to claim upwards of 230k worth of tokens. If this was an individual who hacked me I would understand that I am an idiot and move on with my loss. Problem is that there are many who have fallen victim. This can only be done by a site or service that has been granted access by ens. Can someone help me understand how to retrieve stolen funds or is ENS Domains compromised. This is the address responsible. 0xA6062cDe1B8F96323624Be5309BB99353b5B32c7

4 Likes

After reading some of your posts in other threads… it appears you assert that you purchased:

rustyhenderson.eth

which somehow got stolen from you at some time.

However, ENS manager is reporting that the domain is available for purchase and I can find no record of that domain ever being purchased by anyone at any time.

1 Like

I’m not sure what assert means in this context. You can clearly see through the transaction log that I purchased Rustyhenderson.eth and others. You can also see this is the claim airdrop site by entering the wallet I use for Rustyhenderson.eth. 0xd0C23AA1E5648AadF8F558F6B4Ef7F00a1368257. If it was something being asserted I wouldn’t have as much clout in the claimable amount that was claimed on my behalf and others by the hacker. It’s an obvious situation with ens because so many were compromised. If you mean did I renew it, no. That does not have any bearing on the fact that I was eligible for a claim and someone else misused the system to obtain 13k worth of tokens. More help less assertiveness

1 Like

Well i was hack on this one 0x258aBc1981660F254e3e8262218335e236418412 and the one doing it has hacked for over 158 day’s +plus and no one including staff wanted to do something . There’s one and only way to get back at you’re thief and if you’re intrested , i have the recipes

1 Like

@rustyhenderson yup, you’ve likely got hacked, but ENS has nothing to do with it.

Your Private Key signed method Claim Tokens on block 13591152

Then on block 13591158 (roughly 1.5 minute later), your key was used to Transfer all of your ENS tokens to 0xA6062cDe1B8F96323624Be5309BB99353b5B32c7.

It’s likely your private key (or seed) got compromised some time ago and the hackers bot was silently monitoring your account until anything worth stealing popped in it, then took action to secure those tokens, before you could sell or transfer them to some more secure (like hardware) wallet.

I’m sorry for you, but you just got an expensive lesson on security. I’d suggest moving your remaining assets while you still can - this wallet is burned.

4 Likes

Thank you and others for stating the obvious. The reality is I did not know until now, and even though I use several wallets, this one just happened to be the one I used several years ago with ens. Yes you are correct. A very expensive lesson indeed.

1 Like

I am always interested in pay back. Dm me or email me from my profile.

1 Like

@rustyhenderson I saw this as soon as it happened! It happened to me too from the same address! I reported it to the discord along with your name and everyone else’s and was basically brushed off.

2 Likes

It’s terrible, but I have to agree with the adults who have said it is our fault, and we were compromised. It’s a hard lesson learned for sure. Sorry that it happened to you as well.

2 Likes

Well I was scam 2 years ago on Twitter , I lost $ 368.000.000.00 millions Dollars and the New Zealand Polices with interpol where investigating on Crytory a Crematorium and one other , New Zealand Polices only recovered 1/3 of the Stolen Crypto Currency and the Police Investigator paid the Government and them self first so nothing left to pay the victims

So I decided to do a real marking and tracking device that scammers and Pirated people’s would be cault and ( clients ) would be able to recover there currency with out waiting to long , but the things are for this to work at 100 % is that each time they hurn or collect currency the would need to magnify there trend code currency , well with this invention I have 62 % of my btc and other currency recovered an this moment , I will tell you more next time , the chemistry of Crypting and Morse and ??? Will be said another day , chow for now friend :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Hello, i followed instructions from a youtube in claiming connected my wallet but nothing arrived,
even after receiving confirmation of the amount tokens , i dont have any idea what has happened , or not happened hope they may turn up some time ?

you may need to manually add the token into your wallet to display them.

thanks for your help nice to know that good people are still there, still im unaware where to find these tokens

have you checked your address on etherscan?

1 Like

I’m retracting my statement that ens had anything to do with this breach. I am calling out this governance board for possibly looking at how much of the ens tokens have been taken and whether that affects the voting or delegation

2 Likes

It’s an interesting problem you bring up on possible stolen tokens being used to steer the direction of ENS.

I suppose a malicious attacker might try something like that… but I imagine the overall number of tokens stolen are small in comparison to the number of legitimately held tokens. I also imagine that stolen tokens are unlikely to be held in the wallet used to steal them for very long. It’s more likely that stolen tokens will be purchased on an exchange by a legitimate potential voter and participant than used in voting by the entity that stole them.

2 Likes

I can’t say enough about how concise and articulate that answer was to my question. I would hope like you said more good actors run and get those tokens to participate and support the community. Kudos

I too recently got hacked … i have been a believer in the protocol and registered this a year ago… the address that stole my ENS is 0x68640d64df1b6f9f5e09b326659076adcbeb9ee4 i looked them up and seems like they have stolen a lot of peoples. My Eth name is up for registration in a few day on Nov 18th… i wanted to know if I may apply somehow as with others that got their airdrop stolen from them. It was 94.1787 ENS that i was supposed to receive. Any help on this topic would be appreciated

1 Like

My ENS was also recently stolen. this is my eth address aditzeustube.eth
0x42Cf60bB2f6B3220372dFc4FD27A2Df8F1c725F0