How can I best be involved?

I’m fairly new to the DAO as a contributor. I understand that thoroughly reading and understanding proposals and voting on them is just one part of participating.

I’d like to know what other ways I can get involved

• as a new contributor, what are the starting points for involvement?
  • how can my skills and experience be used (e.g. I’m a designer working on a crypto wallet)?
  • where do active contributors need help the most?
  • what is our north star for the DAO and ENS (I realize these may or may not be mutually exclusive)?

I just want to know where I can lend a hand and be a productive contributor :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome, @ghanbak!

These are great questions. From one community member to another, I’ll try and give quick answer to them.

As a new contributor, what are the starting points for involvement?
Have you submitted a delegate application yet? Posting there is a great starting point to voice who you are and why you’d like to be involved.

One resource to check to out is the ENS Governance Docs page.

I’d also recommend reading the different discussions happening on the governance forum and Discord. After educating yourself and understanding the common topics, you can move towards where you naturally fit in. If someone has a question you can answer, or have an opinion to contribute, don’t be afraid to chime in.

How can my skills and experience be used (e.g. I’m a designer working on a crypto wallet)?
Coming in with design skills is excellent. A proposal to form DAO Working Groups is currently being discussed. Once Working Groups are created, more opportunities will be available to lend a hand. Read more about the working groups: here.

In the mean time, a couple of small groups are currently developing a Mission Statement and crafting FAQs/Learn Docs. These discussions seem to be happening on Discord and here. Have you checked out Discord and received your Agoraphile role?

If you have an idea or see a way to improve, there seems to be a lot of room to take ownership to initiate a project or proposal.

5 Likes

Hey there! Completely missed this as I’ve mostly stuck to Tally voting the last few months. I’ve just been approved access to governance channels, but I don’t believe I’ve gotten an Agoraphile role yet. I’ll take a look see at the working groups and see where I can get plugged in! Thanks for the recommendations! :v:

1 Like

Since that post in December a few things have changed. Most notably is that working groups have formed. :tada:

With your access to the governance channels on Discord you should be able to see our Calendar and any bulletins that are posted.

The Community Working Group hosts an Onboarding Call every Friday if you’re interested in joining. Check out this forum post to see the dates/times. If that doesn’t work you can also schedule a call with me, I’d be happy to talk ENS DAO.

1 Like