The steward nomination window will open at 9am UTC on January 5, 2022. This post is NOT a call for steward nominations, but an opportunity to provide context around what the process will look like.
To be elected as a working group steward, you must:
- Nominate yourself as a steward during the nomination window; and
- Receive 10k votes in support of your nomination to be included on the ballot for the steward election; and
- Be one of the top three ranked nominees in the steward election for a particular working group.
There are four working groups in the ENS DAO, which are:
- ENS Ecosystem
- Public Goods
In the first term of 2022, each working group will have three stewards that are elected by the DAO. The remaining two stewards in each working group will be appointed by the ENS Core team (True Names Limited).
Stewards will carry out responsibilities related to the administration and operation of working groups, as set out in EP4, under Rule 4.5.
The following post will be published at 9am UTC on January 5, 2022.
Any person is eligible to nominate themselves to be a steward of a working group during the nomination window.
In order to nominate yourself as a steward, you must have write-access to all of the categories in the governance forum. Please submit the Participant Request form if you require write-access. If you have submitted the form and have not received a response it is because there is an invalid entry in your form. Please resubmit the Participant Request form.
For the first term in 2022, the nomination window for stewards will be open from 9am UTC on January 5 to 9am UTC on January 9.
To nominate yourself as a steward, follow these three steps:
- Reply to this post with the following information:
- Link to Snapshot: (fill this in after Step 2)
- Preferred Name:
- ENS name:
- Forum username:
- Why do you want to be a steward of this working group?
- Create a Snapshot vote using the following template:
- Title: [Name of working group] your name
example: [Community] alisha.eth
- Body: copy and past your forum reply from above which includes your preferred name, ENS name, forum username, and why you want to be a steward of this working group
Details on how to create a Snapshot vote, along with a link to the Snapshot space, will be provided with the actual post when the nomination window opens.
- Once you have replied and created a Snapshot vote, you can edit your forum post and include a link to your Snapshot vote.
After successfully nominating yourself to be a steward, you are able to campaign for 10k votes in support of your nomination on Snapshot. Any nominee with 10k votes supporting their steward nomination will be included in the ballot for the steward election.
The steward election will start at 9am UTC on January 10, 2022 and remain open for 120 hours. The steward nominees with the most votes will be offered the role of steward in the relevant working group, based on the order in which they are ranked.
If you have any questions about the steward nomination window or the steward election, please reply to this thread. If you would prefer to chat in Discord, please comment in the Steward Nomination thread under the #DAO-chat channel, and tag alisha.eth.