I mistakenly sent my ENS name to the contract address, can I get my ENS back?

This is really a worry.

If there is a better solution, welcome to discuss here.thank you!

You can transfer the control, meaning the rights to update the name. You canā€™t transfer registrant, which is the owner and can override the controller (except in this case it canā€™t).

I understand what you said. I mean, if the ownership can never be changed, can it be traded by changing the control?

For example, if I want to transfer the right to use it to you, I just need to transfer the controller to your wallet address.

If the owner never changes and no one can override the controller, the right of the controller comes first.

1 Like

If you are interested in its control, I think we can talk.

Yes that is correct. If the ownership is locked, controller is the next highest authority

1 Like

This is one for the books. @AvsA getting offered control of KKK.eth
Didnā€™t think it was going to happen in this timeline. In 10 years, this will be an anecdote in a top-seller
Itā€™s a small world; turns out Mikey Woodbridge and I follow each other on twitter :rofl: :rofl:

You can trade anything, sure. Just understand it would not be a standard trade you can use a normal platform and that the ENS multisig could always transfer control back to someone else

That is, can even my control be stripped at any time? Is there any other way to get my ownership back now?

Iā€™m curious as to why this happened, I sent it without typing in the wrong address, but in the end it was sent to the ens contract address. Is this a bug in ens contracts?

1 Like

No. Only if it expires, but then youā€™ll have to buy it from the market.

If it expires, you donā€™t need to buy it, you just need to register first, right?

If there is no other way but to wait for it to expire, it is really frustrating.

There will be a period in which the name is sold at a Dutch auction, starting at $100k, if nobody bids for it, then yes, first to register will win.

I still hope someone in the community can have a better solution and find it back.

Iā€™m sorry, but there is no way to get your name back.

This is really not my problem, I filled in my own address when transferring it, but I donā€™t know why it was transferred to ens contract address, is this caused by a contract bug? I should defend my rights.

If you have a friend who understands the contract, can you help me analyze it, what is the reason for this? When I transferred this ens name on opensea, it was sent directly to the ens contract address.