List of Delegates Absent of Activity on forum in 2023

The following Ethereum Name Service Delegates have not appeared active on discuss.ens.domains in 2023.

If you have delegated your ENS to these Individuals. I would consider reviewing your delegation to a more active member of the DAO.

This does not in any way shape or form reflect or represent the individuals below in any manner.This is only a list of delegates who have not accessed the forum this year and nothing else.

Hiturunk

0xWives

0xrDan.eth

0xwives

2K23

2K23

Aaron Gombar

Adam Chang (hahaschool)

Adam Cochran

Adam Sobotka

Alejandro Boscoboinik

Andres Fonts

Andrew Byrley

Andrew Saintway

Angie Yarbrough

Apefather

Arbestor Dinggleback

Aribo

Arif Cem Gundogan

At0x

At0x.eth

AyoCheif

Ben DiFrancesco

BigMikeID

BillWells

BitcoinLouie

BitcoinLouie.eth

Brian Childers

Brian Trunzo

Cannabusiness.eth

ChainLinkGod

ColouredCoins.eth

DEJ

DEJ

Dave Rodman

David E. Felton - hiturunk.eth

David Mihal

DeFi Dawson

DeFiDawson

Developer DAO

Dustin Lyle

Echo Johnson

Emerald

Emiliano Bonassi

Experient Group

ExperientGroup

Forefront

Frank Poncelet

G2

Ginge

Ginge.eth

Goran Galic

Hadrien Charlanes

Hamdi Allam

HealingVisions

HealingVisions

HeyJim

Himanshu Bhaisare

JEFFREY THOMAS BODIN

Jack Jia

Jacob Meyer

JacobMeyer

Jeff Coleman | Jeff.eth

Jeff Morris

Jeff.eth

JeffreyBodin

Jesse Pollak

Jonathan Henthorn

Karp

Keifer Kurre

KingZee

LareNugget

LareNugget

Laura

Lauren Sickles

Luca De Giglio (Tripluca)

Luigy Lemon

Luigy_Lemon

Maaria Bajwa

Marc Johnson

Mark E. Jeftovic

Mark Healey

Mark McIntosh

Martin Voorzanger

Mentor

Michael Demonbreun

Miguel Angel Garcia

Miguel Buffara

Mimayi

Mohammad Sohrab Sameni

Nader Dabit

Nate

Nefty

Neo Logos

Nissan Dookeran

Norman Hirsch

Normancomics.eth

Odell47

Odell47

Pratik

Raptornews

Raptornews

Russ

Sasi

Scott Moore

Soscrypted

Spinflight

Spinflight

TastyBlunt

TastyBlunt

TheRealTopShot.eth

TheRealTopShot.eth

Tim Schuppener

Tof

Torsten Goerke

Trinedy

Victor928

Vincent Taglia | vincenttaglia.eth

Vitalik Buterin

Vlad Cealicu

Wry Rye Ry

WryRyeRy

Yalor Mewn

Yalor

Zen

ZeroCool

ab

ab7777

adamscochran

alanxing

alecfwilson

alecfwilson

amiro

amiro.eth

angelfish

angyarb.eth

apefather

arbestor

aribo

ayomide.eth

baloth

bandit

bandit

bendi

benmercer.eth

bhaisar.eth

binary.eth

birdmeister

blackdave

blockedchain

boredape93

bosco

brianchilders

byrleyar

camchis

camchis

carloscar

cemgundogan

ceresstation

coa.eth

coopahtroopa

coopahtroopa

curion

curion.eth

cypherparty

dabit3

darrow.eth

darrow.eth

daverodman

davidqw

dawood

dawood

devdao.eth

dhadrien.sismo.eth

drhus

echobunny93

egg

emerald

emilianobonassi

encirca

fig

figured.eth

figured.eth

fontsandres

forefront

frankNFT

free-aloha

freetree

g2entgroup

ghanbak

ghanbak

gmDAO

gmDAO

grasponcrypto.eth

hahaschool

hamdi

harper

harperreed

husam.eth

imToken

imtoken.eth

irreverent

itsdanwu

itsdanwu

jake

jake

jalil

jalil

jeeves

jeffalomaniac

jeffalomaniac

jessepollak

jmj

jone

jone

karljung

karlo.eth

karlwaldman.eth

karlwaldman.eth

keikreutler.eth

kn00t

lauraashley

laurensickles

maariab

marcjohnson

marilynmonroe.eth

marilynmonroe.eth

markhealey

markjr

matthewmutual

mbuffara

mentor.eth

mihal

mike demarais

mikedemarais

mimayi

mizu

mrzen.eth

natebeck

neologos.eth

nescio.eth

nhirsch

nir.eth

nir.eth

nissan

nonsense

nonsensetwice

ohhkaneda.eth

ohhkaneda.eth

prudhvirampey.eth

prudhvirampey.eth

prysm

prysm_xyz

qjawe

qjawe.eth

rainbow

rogue.eth

rrylia

russlamb.eth

ruzhyo.eth

sabaisquared

sabaisquared

saintway.eth

sasid.eth

schuppi

sisteradmn

sohrab.eth

soule

spacebuddha42.eth

superphiz

superphiz

teju.eth

tensteps

tensteps

thomas barrett

tobias.eth

tofaroni

tripluca.eth

tyrell

umeboshi.eth

vamsee

vamsee

vbuterin

velk

vincenttaglia

vorcigernix

wcwells

web3magnetic.eth

web3magnetic.eth

wonderparty

yungwknd

yungwknd

zapdaz

9 Likes

Wow, that’s quite a list, @accessor.eth.

2 Likes

I dont know about the this list specifically but actually a very good point, if you have voting power delegated and you are not participating in DAO’s life (at least once in a while - lets cut people some slack), then this voting power is wasted on you

Can you clarify methodology please, how did you put this list together?

EDIT1: Some people still deserve to be delegates even if they don’t actively participate in forum discussion. For example @lefterisjp is not much of “talker” but I know that he is very knowledgable professional, who understands Ethereum ecosystem very well, and when faced with critical issues his opinion is very important.

@lefterisjp ia not on this list.

Participating in discussions can also help to educate the community about the DAO’s values, goals, and decision-making processes, which can foster transparency and trust. However, while it is beneficial, being active on discussion forums is not mandatory for a delegate. It is up to the DAO and its members to decide if community engagement is a responsibility for their delegates.

So I guess that brings up these questions:

Should delegates participate in discussion on forum?

If they are not participating in discussion would you trust that your delegate is making the right choice in their vote?

Is your delegated voted worth a potentially non-informed vote by your selected delegate?

Would you delegate your vote to non-participants over participants?

This list comes from within this discussion forum.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Thanks for tagging. There is different kinds of delegates in this and in other DAOs. Not everyone is active on all forums especially since many people are delegates in multiple ones and it’s a hobby, not a job.

I would not expect all delegates to be active in the forum all the time. But writing from time to time (when pinged – or when an important vote comes up) should be encouraged.

The people who are active often in the forums are probably those with their hand in the pulse of the given DAO’s community and should also be delegated to ofc. Others who are less active just come in when expertise is needed or when important matters are discussed.

In the end we can’t tell people who to delegate to. That’s up to them, but I also agree there should not be a blind delegation to someone cause I know them from Twitter :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Super interesting.

Do you have also a list of delegates that do participate in the forum? Can be good for people to choose based on who’s active here.

(I don’t think about myself. Like, I am a delegate with a very small voting power, but I don’t promote myself at all. It’s not meant for that)

9 Likes

Reminder that this is a list of people who have not simply logged in to the forum with their respective accounts.

1 Like

Can you please share the list of who have? Thanks

1 Like

Is there a list similar to this one that shows the Delegates voting activity over the years? Both off-chain and on-chain. I think @matoken.eth is our in-house data superhero so maybe you know or can even create one? It’d be pretty cool to see this.

I have reached out on that regard. I was trying to query through snapshots subgraph. I’ll try again rn.

@alisha do you know the ID number for ENS on snapshot?

1 Like

Select delegate to see their history & participation rate

2 Likes

Thanks. Now please rank them by voting power: we don’t need to shame people if they have very little actual delegated votes.

1 Like

With all do respect, believe that a delegate with 9 votes delegated to them holds the same responsibility as a delegate who has 50,000 votes delegated into their name. Shaming isn’t the intent.

As a member of this DAO, I think it is our responsibility to inform those who have put their voting power into other peoples hands. Individuals who delegate their tokens are under the impression that the delegate is an active member of the DAO and contributes and or at least logs-in to the forum so that he or she is up to date on official discussion.

A delegate is responsible for representing the interest of token holders. Lately community members have vocalized there opinions that are not exactly of total approval. Delegates should be participating in discussion. If not, then IMO I believe they should reconsider what it means to be a delegate. It’s a delegates responsibility to make informed decisions based on research, analysis, and their understanding of the DAO’s values and goals. I believe that accountability must be attended to in that regard.

Note: this list outlines the delegates that have not interacted with the forum at all.

1 Like

Maybe that’s true, but a delegate with 9 votes is much more likely to be a very different beast than a delegate with 50k. Maybe these just represent a single person with multiple wallets, or maybe it’s a delegate with such small representation that they feel that just being on a chat app that is popular in their country is good enough. It’s just that a big delegate should be held to a higher standard.

1 Like

great response. +

I think we should be realistic.

The spectrum of motivation for delegation is “complete indifference” on one end, and “pure popularity contest” on the other end.

Sure, there are probably a few people that delegated out of a genuine concern for the future of ENS, but… there is nothing at stake for them. It’s the same with electing stewards. Why would it matter how DAO money is spent and what decisions are made, if it doesn’t effect the voters at all?

At the end of the day, delegation matters very little… in my perspective, since November 2021.

The second highest holder of $ENS doesn’t even have an ENS name, and has never participated. From what I can tell, that address belongs to an investment fund that just bought an absurd amount of tokens.

I am idealist but I am also a realist. ENS DAO as it is now is nowhere close to a democracy.

In an ideal world, the people that actually participate the most and are the most knowledgeable would be the obvious choices to have the most delegation.

In the real world we are in now, anyone can quite literally just buy more votes.

Oh and for some reason, delegation never expires.

So I wouldn’t stress too much about inactive delegates. We still have a lot of work to do. Doing the work is what really matters, no matter how many votes you have acquired through money, power, or influence.

2 Likes

While I agree that DAO participation is critical, I don’t agree that contributing on the forum is the most accurate representation of quality or engagement. I stay informed by reading the forum and weekly newsletter, but I don’t feel a need to actively participate in discussions. In fact my forum stats are inaccurate because I’m not logged in most of the time:

In general it seems like forums follow the 90/9/1 rule of most platforms: 90% of users lurk, 9% contribute in a small way, and 1% account for much of the activity… I imagine this same behavior applies to delegates as well and if we delegated most voting power to the 1% of active users who are engaged, I don’t think we’d have a very representative DAO.

To the extent that anyone who has delegated to me wants a more active delegate I would highly encourage them to re-delegate their tokens. Delegation isn’t meant to last forever so delegate pools should evolve as the DAO matures.

2 Likes

It’s difficult to track statistics if; you don’t provide the system a value, for the the system to include the value you provide to the system.

Currently
There are 51 delegates with 10,000 votes or more.
16 of the top 51 delegates have voted 0 times on 20 proposals.
This amounts to 31% of the 51 voters with 10,000 or more votes.

There are 27 delegates of the 51 voters with 10,000 or more votes who have participated 5 times or less out of 20 proposals.
This amounts to 51% of the 51 voters with 10,000 or more votes.

Since I posted this 9 months ago here are the delegates who have at least shown activity on the DAO Forum.
(this means at least logging in)

60/211 delegates have at least logged in in the past 9 months.

1 Like