Lock blockchain domain on opensea.io

Marketplace opensea.io has blocked a domain tommyhilfiger.eth
Then they unblocked and apologized, said that the problem was with the ENS (I think this is an excuse, since other domains were displayed correctly)
After a few hours of unlocking and my joy, I again received a delisting letter from my domain opensea.io. When you turn to the person who accompanied me again, here is the answer- Yes it has been delisted again by our Trust and Safety team. They informed me that there was a DMCA takedown request for the ENS. Attached is the request and we have to comply with this matter.
Thank you for using OpenSea.
What would you advise to do, because ICANN has no right to regulate web3, this is a bad precedent for all of us.
Anatoly.

1 Like

Use a txt record on your ENS to list it for sale or post ways they can contact you. OpenSea is a centralized marketplace and you’ll have to wait for another to become popular if that’s how you want to sell. Marketplaces will always cave to these kind of requests, but no one will force the name from you.

2 Likes

Thank you, but I also thought to publicize this precedent, otherwise they may remove all domains from the site.

1 Like

This is good to know, thanks for sharing.
I‘m sure we will see more & more delistings of TM-related/-copies/… .eth-domains (in all centralized platforms). ENS would have been facing the same problem but it‘s DAO now and therefore save IMHO

I like your idea, but I have sales info on some of my NFT text records, but people can’t easily access the information through Opensea, especially when you seek to market subdomain names and not the domain name itself. You would have to click on the icon with the arrow in the square (View on ENS) to do so, but no opensea assistance to let potential buyers know that is what they could do, if they have an interest in the domain or subdomain.

1 Like

That’s definitely a good point. I think OpenSea makes it difficult on purpose because they would want all sales to happen on their site. We desperately need competitors to OpenSea and hopefully some that are decentralized. I hope people are developing these on the side and we see something in 2022.

1 Like

I’m not clear on what ICANN’s involvement in this is. Can you clarify?

Actions like these show that the ens community urgently needs its decentralized market! There are resources to create it!

Yes, I agree. Creating an ENS decentralized market becomes a must.

2 Likes

that’s a good idea-decentralized marketplace

1 Like

I think it’s because ICANN take this kind of action on the owners of gTLDs in the DNS world, and it seems the same behaviour is creeping into ENS. Otherwise OpenSea should have just given Tommy Hilfiger B.V. / ICANN / DMCA lawyer (whomever made the complaint) the middle finger. I would guess they (OpenSea) want to play it safe and not put their head above the parapet and incur the ire of all of the above, so they’re doing it of their own accord, but maybe someone outside OpenSea contacted them.

ICANN does not have any authority in ENS as far as I know, but I can see that battle coming soon. This is just a fact, but ICANN is staffed almost entirely by lawyers :grin:

I think that ICANN has nothing to do in my case, let me remind you that TOMMY turned to opensea.io with a letter of request (Yes it has been delisted again by our Trust and Safety team. They informed me that there was a DMCA takedown request for the ENS . Attached is the request and we have to comply with this matter.) And my domain was re-blocked, I think opensea.io is reinsuring and does not want to resist, centralized hat.