Sync on suitable meeting times for the remainder of the term along with preferred modes of communication for stewards to report to the DAO
- This WG has stewards across 4 timezones. To ease the burden of coordinating calls outside reasonable working hours, calls will be held every other week in alternate timezones.
- April 7th and 21st in a Europe/USA friendly time
- April 12th and 26th in a Asia/Pacific friendly time
Update on DAO bylaws, governance rules, and the cool down period temp check
- To avoid confusion, going forward ‘the bylaws’ refer to the bylaws of the ENS Foundation. Rules relating to the ENS DAO shall be called the Rules of Governance. To clarify, nothing provided in the Rules of Governance will be legally enforceable.
- DAO bylaws are being drafted by Fenwick/Walkers and expected to be finalized in the next 1 - 2 weeks.
- Rules of Governance can be drafted once the bylaws are confirmed.
- Cool down period for steward removals clause will be rolled into an EP4 amendment. Cool down period for Director removal clause will be included in the Rules of Governance.
Discuss the RFP model for the DAO
- Context for why RFP’s are a worthwhile experiment for the ENS DAO from @alisha.eth.
- An RFP model moves the DAO towards the role of overseeing and approving work to take place (where appropriate), rather than trying to coordinate the work itself.
- The increased agency of individual proposers should allow the DAO to attract the best talent in its mission to serve ENS.
- In my opinion, great work is the result of extreme ownership. There is still plenty of space for consultation and feedback from the community with this approach, but it does mean that the DAO doesn’t see it’s role as micromanaging proposals by a committee of ‘the community’ (i.e. whoever has time to spend in the forum at a particular point in time).
Discuss next steps for the Endoament RFP proposal
- Stewards to finalize a first draft of the RFP. Once the draft is finalized, it will be circulated in the forum for feedback from the community. After a period of feedback, the stewards can finalize the RFP.
- It is likely that the proposal period for this particular RFP will be open for several weeks, to give interested parties time to formulate the best proposal, given the importance of the task.
Meta-Gov Budget allocation and DAO tooling update for a payments platform
- @alisha.eth to sync with stewards who were on open calls in the past few weeks where both Utopia Labs and Parcel had a chance to pitch their platforms to the DAO.
- Asia/Pacific stewards are happy with the current time for future calls.
- Dates for calls for the remainder of the term are below. Calls will take place at 4pm NZ time:
- April: 26th
- May: 10th and 24th
- June: 7th and 21st
Google Meet link https://meet.google.com/fwj-gwdr-rtz
Anyone in the community is welcome to join the call.
There will be Meta-Gov stewards on each call.
- Briefly reiterated the timeline that was communicated in the Europe/USA meeting. We are waiting on the bylaws to be finalized by the lawyers before drafting Rules of Governance for the DAO.
- There was a discussion over raising quorum or the number of $ENS required to post onchain and offchain proposals. Stewards present were happy with the current requirements and didn’t see the need to rush through any changes. The current thresholds have proven effective at preventing spam proposals and providing adequate defense against threats to the protocol.
- @nick.eth will draft v.1 of the RFP proposal. @jmj will then review the draft to provide input on fee structures and provide additional operational insight. Next, the draft will be circulated amongst the remaining Meta-Gov stewards before being published in the forum.
- General comments on the Endaoment RFP:
- The RFP will be open for at least on month to give proposers adequate time to submit a proposal
- All RFP submissions will be made public after the proposal period has closed.
- The Meta-Gov stewards are responsible for selecting a proposal to move forward.
The next Asia/Pacific call is on April 26th.
If you have any questions or comments, please reply below.
April 7th - Notice of Meta-Gov Call
There is a Meta-Governance working group call today that is open to all.
You can join the Google Meet through this link.
Time: 5pm GMT / 6pm UK time / 1pm EST / 10am PST
- Sync on suitable meeting times for the remainder of the term along with preferred modes of communication for stewards to report to the DAO
- Update on DAO bylaws, governance rules, and the cool down period temp check
- Discuss the RFP model for the DAO
- Discuss next steps for the Endoament RFP proposal
- Meta-Gov Budget allocation and DAO tooling update for a payments platform
There will be another call on Tuesday 12th of April that is more Asia-Pacific friendly.
The stewards within this working group are particularly geographically distributed compared to the other working groups. Going forward I suggest weekly calls in alternate timezones. I’m happy to be on both calls. We can talk more about this on the call.