Google Meet link : https://meet.google.com/oaj-qrgv-var
Stewards : @slobo.eth, @validator.eth, and @bobjiang

Agenda

A) Demos from ETHOnline Winners
B) ENS Project Highlights
C) ENS core updates
D) ENS Events
E) Open space for others ecosystem related topics

• ENS Improvement Proposal: Platform Source Parameter (link)

Call Minutes

Attendees: 0xashu_eth, 5pence.eth, alisha.eth, anthonyware.eth, charly martin, david mihal, daylon.eth, gregskril.eth, hellenstans.eth, jacy su, kalle moen, Mia CAI premm.eth, The Cap, stevegachau.eth, zadok7.eth

• Presentation from ETHOnline Winners
    • ENSEverywhere - Presented by David Mihal, Kalle Moen and Charly Martin. Their project is a revision of the ENS registrar contract that allows bulk registration and saves up to 34% on gas fees. EthGlobal project showcase: ENSEverywhere | ETHGlobal

• Sublettuce - Presented by Kai. Sublettuce enables subletting or name rentals using the ENS Name Wrapper and fuse features. Kai is looking for contributors to help him with this project; please reach out to him on his Twitter.EthGlobal project showcase: Sublettuce | ETHGlobal

• Kola Labs - Presented by Jacy Su and Mia. Kola Labs is working on expanding ENSIP12 to include multimedia support for music and videos. This expansion allows users to share music and video across dApps using the ENS metadata records.
    • Kola Labs will submit a proposal to expand ENSIP12 to the ENS DAO Governance Forum.

C) ENS core updates

• Devcon - Makoto recapped Devcon.

• ENS saw 70 submissions in the hackathon, with 17 of those projects receiving the integration bounty.
    • The custom ENS x POAP x IYK card swag was a huge hit among attendees.
    • The core team gave two talks:
    • True Name Limited announced that they have rebranded to ENS Labs Limited, or ENS Labs.
  • Manager App - The new manager is live on Goreli testnet at alpha.ens.domains.

• Town Hall - A quarterly town hall will be held next week, pending scheduling details.

D) ENS Events

• ENS Grants is live!
    • Proposal submissions are open now until October 24th at 6 pm GMT. Voting begins October 24th at 11:59 pm GMT.

E) Open space for other ecosystem related topics

Not covered.

Hi. I would like to share about the ENS Global Initiative which focuses on cultural initiatives throughout the ENS Ecosystem.

Summary:

ENS Global strives to create shared perceptions and understanding between the Working Groups and the communities they serve. I have hosted global weekly spaces every wednesday since August 2022 and have curated a small, dedicated team from Brazil, Colombia, France, India, Kenya and Russia. We intend to provide a dedicated time for the Global community to connect with the core team and exchange ideas to facilitate the proliferation of the ENS protocol within their local regions.

Mission:

• Create globally shared perceptions of ENS Labs (formally TNL), ENS and the DAO
  • Cultural alignment between the Working Groups and the Communities they serve
  • IRL activations and localized onboarding events

Example: October 19, 2022

ENS Global hosted a call with our team and discussed IRL localization events with @7147.eth and MonoBandido.eth regarding organizing local, community-led events in Colombia with the intent of onboarding the region to ENS. Localized efforts like this are necessary to help educate and onboard the next umpteen million individuals onto Web3.

I have hosted these weekly calls since August 2022, and I have attracted and built a small, yet dedicated team who are apt and willing to build their local communities URL to IRL.

Why is this necessary?

I believe that the Stewards need a buffer and additional assistance from dedicated contributors like myself in order to organize and coordinate successful events such as the ENS DAO Happy Hour in Bogotá. These events could be and should be organized locally, all over the world, by trusted individuals and contributors. I wish to be that community liaison who helps facilitate cultural exchange through coordination of ENS DAO backed IRL events. I wish to work with the Stewards to create a framework to organize cultural initiatives.

My Ask:

I want to work with a Steward in order to build a successful model for these community-led, DAO backed onboarding events that will serve as a catalyst for cultural exchange. There needs to be a framework put in place in order to identify and empower community members to lead exchanges in their localities in a way that best positions the ENS Protocol for long-term sustainability.

1 Like

A couple clarifications.

• Is this for IRL events or virtual spaces?
  • Do you have a plan in place or costs identified?
  • Are you asking to be added to the agenda?

If you’re lookin for models, the DAO has supported IRL onboarding initiatives such as Integracíon during Devcon Bogotá. I’d try to identify someone in your target community who is intrinsically motivated to own and execute the events you envision and then present an actionable request.

1 Like
  • Virtual spaces happen already on Wednesday’s, the calls could become a place to coordinate IRL events when it makes sense to onboard new users from local regions
  • I do not yet have a plan in place, this post is a temp check to see if this would be of interest to the DAO
  • I cannot be on the agenda today due to a last minute switch up. Have some fires to put out IRL.

Okay, we have someone who is intrinsically motivated to own and execute events. I will work with them to present an actionable request, thank you.

3 Likes

Call Minutes

Attendees: 0xashu_eth, 5pence.eth, alisha.eth, anthonyware.eth, charly martin, david mihal, daylon.eth, gregskril.eth, hellenstans.eth, jacy su, kalle moen, Mia CAI premm.eth, The Cap, stevegachau.eth, zadok7.eth

• Presentation from ETHOnline Winners
    • ENSEverywhere - Presented by David Mihal, Kalle Moen and Charly Martin. Their project is a revision of the ENS registrar contract that allows bulk registration and saves up to 34% on gas fees. EthGlobal project showcase: ENSEverywhere | ETHGlobal

• Sublettuce - Presented by Kai. Sublettuce enables subletting or name rentals using the ENS Name Wrapper and fuse features. Kai is looking for contributors to help him with this project; please reach out to him on his Twitter.EthGlobal project showcase: Sublettuce | ETHGlobal

• Kola Labs - Presented by Jacy Su and Mia. Kola Labs is working on expanding ENSIP12 to include multimedia support for music and videos. This expansion allows users to share music and video across dApps using the ENS metadata records.
    • Kola Labs will submit a proposal to expand ENSIP12 to the ENS DAO Governance Forum.

C) ENS core updates

• Devcon - Makoto recapped Devcon.

• ENS saw 70 submissions in the hackathon, with 17 of those projects receiving the integration bounty.
    • The custom ENS x POAP x IYK card swag was a huge hit among attendees.
    • The core team gave two talks:
    • True Name Limited announced that they have rebranded to ENS Labs Limited, or ENS Labs.
  • Manager App - The new manager is live on Goreli testnet at alpha.ens.domains.

• Town Hall - A quarterly town hall will be held next week, pending scheduling details.

D) ENS Events

• ENS Grants is live!
    • Proposal submissions are open now until October 24th at 6 pm GMT. Voting begins October 24th at 11:59 pm GMT.

E) Open space for other ecosystem related topics

None.

1 Like