New ENS Governance Subgraph! (LIVE)

Hello! My name is Malcolm, I am an engineer @MessariCrypto

We’ve been working on a serious of subgraphs to cover OpenZeppelin Governor contracts and we built one for ENS as part of our product.

I wanted to share it in case it can be useful to anyone. We have built a standard schema across the OZ Governor contracts + modules being used. Via the subgraph, the governance data is much easier to make sense of and access.

Hosted Subgraph

ENS Subgraph on The Graph

Subgraph Entities

The subgraph covers a series of entities that we use ourselves internally but have built with the entire space in mind

Entities

Governance – macro entity hosting aggregate information about token holders, delegates, proposals

GovernanceFramework – OpenZeppelin framework-level information about contract/timelock address, vote delay/period, quorum

Proposal – contains on-chain proposal data, granular vote data (vote count & weighted votes for / against / abstain), as well as framework level metadata at the time of the proposal for posterity

Vote – captures information about each on-chain vote choice

Delegate – contains delegate voting power, who they represent, their previous votes, how many times they’ve voted, and proposals they’ve been a part of

Any feedback is welcome on the schema and would love to know how (if at all) subgraphs are used by ENS :slight_smile:

We are also working on creating React hooks to get data out of the subgraphs for easier consumption on FE. Curious if that would be helpful

Enjoy,
mxlcolm.eth

4 Likes

Nice! Does this mean we can expect to see ENS on the Messari governance portal, too?

3 Likes

Yes! Soon :slight_smile: