Nominees — ENS Foundation director

Nominations are now open to appoint a new director of the ENS Foundation. The process to nominate yourself is set out in the ‘Call for Nominees’ post.

This thread is a record of all nominations.

Posting your nomination

Posts should follow ‘Step 2’ set out in the ‘Call of Nominees’ thread, completing the template below:

Link to Snapshot nomination:
Legal Name:
Twitter handle:
Are you 18 years of age or older? [Yes / No]
Are you a U.S citizen or permanent resident? [Yes / No]
Do you live in the U.S or one of its territories? [Yes / No]

1. Why should you be appointed as a director of the ENS Foundation?
  2. How would you handle a request from the SEC for information about the ENS Foundation and/or the $ENS token?
  3. Is there any other information you would like delegates to know about you or your nomination?

Questions

If you have questions or comments about the nomination or election process, please ask in ‘Call for Nominees’ thread.

This thread is only for nominees to post their information, as set out in Step 2 of the ‘Call for Nominees’.

2 Likes

https://snapshot.org/#/ensnominations.eth/proposal/0xc1b2b4f2eb1f054161dd1e70be0175cc0344b3e445a858b09d964cb2230b5f1d

Legal Name: Sean Murray
Twitter handle: @financeguy74
Are you 18 years of age or older? Yes
Are you a U.S citizen or permanent resident? Yes
Do you live in the U.S or one of its territories? Yes

1. Why should you be appointed as a director of the ENS Foundation?
    A: I am capable of fulfilling the required duties but also beyond that I would use it as a platform to increase mainstream ENS adoption.

2. How would you handle a request from the SEC for information about the ENS Foundation and/or the $ENS token?
    A: This is an incomplete question because it does not specify who “you” is. If an SEC inquiry is addressed only to the Foundation itself, the correct answer is that the Foundation retain counsel and that counsel manage the inquiry. Should the definition of “you” be more broad, then any rational person should find my conditions stated below rational, reasonable, and necessary. They should be put in place regardless of who is chosen.

3. Is there any other information you would like delegates to know about you or your nomination?
    A: Yes, if by chance I am selected, my acceptance of the role is conditional on

• The DAO authorizing the Foundation to set up D&O insurance.
  • The DAO authorizing the Foundation to compensate directors.
1 Like

Alex Van de Sande - ENS Foundation Director Nomination

snapshot link
Legal Name: Alexandre Van de Sande
Twitter handle: @avsa
Are you 18 years of age or older? Yes
Are you a U.S citizen or permanent resident? No
Do you live in the U.S or one of its territories? No

Why should you be appointed as a director of the ENS Foundation?
I won’t lie: I believe this role is purely cerimonial and believe that as long as everything is working as intended, Directors should do nothing but rubberstamp what the DAO approves. But as a symbol, I do think it’s important for the Directors not to be all from ENS Labs, nor for them to be in any jurisdiction that is not welcome to Crypto – and at this moment, the US is such jurisdiction.

So that’s it, that’s the whole of my pitch: I do not work for ENS labs, I do not respond to them, nor do I am subject to US jurisdiction. I also have been in this space for the last 10 years and you can expect me to be around in the next 10 years.

How would you handle a request from the SEC for information about the ENS Foundation and/or the $ENS token?

I am not not subject to american laws, but that doesn’t mean I intend to break any of them, as I still intend to keep the privilege of landing in US soil. I still believe the US to be a reasonable thriving democracy that is just right now a bit on the wrong side of the pendulum. I also believe that the ENS airdrop was a great precedent on how to do token distribution to the community: no “investor” ever received it in the airdrop, because there were no investors in ENS before the airdrop. All that received them were either involved in the community or the development.

If I ever received a request from the SEC of any other legal institutions from anywhere I would take the reasonable route: talk to my lawyer, open it with as much as possible with the community and, in an extreme case in which I believed I the requests would hurt ENS and I couldn’t be open to talk about it, I would resign from the foundation.

Is there any other information you would like delegates to know about you or your nomination?

I am not Dutch either, despite a lot of people seemingly believing it so :wink:

16 Likes

Nominations are now closed. An update on the election can be found in this post.