Proposal to create an ENS DAO Monthly NFT Giveaway, built by Ether Cards

DM to the winners? Maybe that doesn’t work :slight_smile: I guess as long as the proposed signup form is really simple its not a major obstacle. Although I honestly think that will result in non-brain cliking and the same possibility of it being missed on receipt. As a parallel - think of magazine competitions you used to have (maybe they still exist). You smash the form in, but you never check and just assume you’ve lost. The only time you know you’ve won is if the whatever arrives at your home physically. I think I like @matoken.eth’s idea best of making the newsletter (which can announce the winners) a mandatory signup in exchange for entry, because its likely to foster higher readership of it.

I guess it also depends if ENS marketing is part of the goal of the giveaway, which I think it should be, and then whether that’s almost mandatory as a condition of entry, or more organic (less people will share their gift, but the ones that do will be more genuine). I think I prefer the latter, but I’m not strongly opposed.

EDIT: To add, it may also introduce some people to NFTs and how to hold them, where to find a wallet, etc. Which also helps wider adoption of the space and web3.0 in my view. So a further positive, especially if the recipient is new in the space. Everyone has to start somewhere! I got my first NFT in a LinkedIn giveaway in a similar manner.

1 Like

I like these suggestions but there might be bit of an issue if there is no snapshot or on-chain vote in a given month.

That’s fine, although the newsletter is run by TNL rather than the DAO. Setting a twitter handle also seems like a fine idea.

I believe Ether Cards will be setting up a claim site to avoid having to pay excessive gas fees. Unclaimed tokens will also be redistributed to Ether Cards holders after a month.

Good point; in that case I suppose we would look to the previous month.

Three points:

1. Qualification 2 should start the date when the raffle commences, since people have not had notice of the benefits of voting, in the past.

2. People could be penalized, if their delagatee misses a vote.

3. Don’t we want to reward active DAO participation, which is more than just voting. Let’s make greater use of the Badge system, especially actively being involved in discussions, in addition to voting and participating in workgroups. A person should not need to do all but it should reflect a healthy participation in the DAO.

1 Like

THIS! I missed the second on-chain vote since I was away for a while although I did vote on all the snapshots. Sir this criteria is too strict imho :smiling_face_with_tear:

I agree. Badge system exists for some signalling purpose; perhaps it could be leveraged :disguised_face:

1 Like

Even better, since it means people were acting honestly, not out of desire for a reward.

The risk with this is that it will encourage many low-quality contributions in order to qualify.

But we want to encourage people going forward. Some people may not have voted, because it was expected the vote would be overwhelming in favor of a particular position or the person did not inquire how to vote.

I agree, but not if we differentiate between meaningful participation in work groups or meaningful badges limited to certain Community, Posting, and Trust Level badges while encouraging but not crediting low-participation badges.

1 Like

That’s very difficult to do. “When a metric becomes a target, it ceases to be a good metric.”

2 Likes

I’ve just announced this publicly with a teaser tweet: https://twitter.com/nicksdjohnson/status/1503896561293860864

Per discussion with the Community WG, the first one will be raffled off randomly to 144 people who signed the constitution and have a ‘com.twitter’ or ‘email’ record set on their ENS name. We’re taking a snapshot in 24h, so if you signed the constitution but don’t have either record set, now is the time to do so!

4 Likes

The winners of the first batch have been announced here. Here are their ENS names:

gvol.eth
macterra.eth
vakgadde.eth
pravijn.eth
mrunknown.eth
doombass.eth
sakellariou.eth
campillo.eth
artfulstudios.eth
maynerd.eth
erosnolasco.eth
avsa.eth
boredguy.eth
aarvay.eth
ptnz.eth
amosrendao.eth
zakk1115.eth
fortyfivan.eth
thisisflik.eth
tonyherrera.eth
gavind.eth
snave.eth
mint.defstalkr.eth
goldsteinlaw.eth
wxgirl.eth
randylubin.eth
cambleck.eth
dusterbloom.eth
tragedystruck.eth
tinyhill.eth
kaxel.eth
sharer.eth
nickson.eth
serblank.eth
chees.eth
shawnc.eth
nazeri.eth
pixls.eth
mem.eth
arisac.eth
ilanolkies.eth
ghanbak.eth
sebulba.eth
juliawu.eth
thefoolcoin.eth
benyu.eth
mikevad.eth
junhong.eth
sharpie.eth
mihnea.eth
smartisan.eth
craigdai.eth
cgrizz.eth
softcover.eth
wudabao.eth
hasee.eth
integ.eth
dabuliu.eth
ufhouck.eth
iamkomak.eth
swindler.eth
adithya.eth
gerkha.eth
camelliayang.eth
miguel.eth
retart.eth
mfpooma.eth
clon.eth
emob.eth
btang.eth
jaisal.eth
joesdayjob.eth
ape6911.eth
alaqsa.eth
rarecoins.eth
ferdinandhodl.eth
clumsygiant.eth
craigburgess.eth
carles.eth
joeyiny.eth
ped.eth
binliudesign.eth
chunks.eth
0x2.eth
ledoux.eth
xielaoban.eth
nataliamok.eth
nadavzazon.eth
damianmarti.eth
rorhug.eth
strawbridge.eth
huhphy.eth
o3wallte.eth
sw2ob61.eth
richwaternft.eth
dtmnyc.eth
chunghwa.eth
lipner.eth
krauscrypto.eth
ezmil.eth
salih.eth
arzsina.eth
allryeguy.eth
pinkflozd.eth
jorgec.eth
bluecamo.eth
kevinspain.eth
hu0x.eth
marijoa.eth
adelsreich.eth
dustinheath.eth
caigen.eth
mm3.robertclarke.eth
eklab.eth
chanelsomething.eth
hazelstar.eth
th0r.eth
rabid.eth
foot.eth
nftrepreneur.eth
chrisguimarin.eth
cryptobriefing.eth
str8up.eth
seifuku.eth
1stlove.eth
lul.eth
nekobox.eth
schoon.eth
0xzeno.eth
dadababa.eth
harrymarshlaw.eth
jinggeone.eth
barrettbarrett.eth
victor-wu.eth
sktars.eth
cameronparkins.eth
nickrossi.eth
brantly.eth
ivyerdna.eth
ryangtanaka.eth
defimane.eth
conflict.eth
nftgod.eth
mymoon.eth

3 Likes

Lucky @AvsA and @brantlymillegan … I’m definitely not extremely jealous… :laughing:

Yay, thank you! Do I have to do anything or will it simply be sent to my wallet?

There’ll be a month from the 20th to claim it - we’ll send all the winners instructions post-launch.

Yes, I am asking this because I want one :laughing: but what happens to any that are not claimed? Are they just lost?

This is now live: Equinox Collection

Any unclaimed after the 20th of April go to Ether Cards holders.

I want one too - so I’ve put up a collection offer for 0.5 ETH on LooksRare!

2 Likes

Guess I have some saving to do to match that. :laughing:
Maybe if one of my rare Parallel Alphas sells.

Congrats on your purchase! I’ve definitely been watching the price action. :laughing:

Oh nice! I wasn’t sure anyone would actually sell me one for that much.

2 Likes

We definitely need better eligibility criteria for month 2 (due April 20); the fact that people didn’t explicitly sign up for this drop means they largely weren’t expecting to be contacted; I got a lot of suspicious replies to my Twitter notifications (and fair enough too), and I suspect a lot of people haven’t seen them. I know at least one person muted me assuming I was a spammer!

So far about 1/3 of the NFTs have been claimed.

I think that for future months, being added to the raffle should require at least some manual action on the part of the person entering will be essential.

3 Likes

Maybe not an explicit opt-in, but if there is a way to see if someone has been actively involved in DAO discussions/contributions recently. Maybe say last 30 days since it is a monthly release.