Re-election of Meta-Governance WG Stewards

I said almost the exact same thing to alisha and validator back then :slight_smile:

We do have ShowKarma.xyz now thanks to @mmurthy. So there is something that fills the metric hole and it should be included in some way during next elections to let people know the amount of engagement/work their choice has put in.

Yeah, a karma-system is another thing I’ve wanted for a while now. In the original election I had also originally wanted stewards to state what their time commitment was as part of their campaign as it was clear that would become an issue.

You need to know how many hours a week the person you’re voting for is intending to actually spend working.

1 Like

In GitcoinDAO we use this and have found it very useful in electing the Steward Council based on these metrics recently https://www.daostewards.xyz/

Better metrics and tracking will be implemented (and be mindful we still have some bugs getting ironed out) but I would like it to become a standard in steward/gov health tracking

4 Likes

It’s definitely not lost on me that while working on steward engagement flows, my own engagement as a steward dropped in areas. I agree with you my lack of bandwidth should have been compensated within the WG and that is something to be addressed for sure.

Re my getting “re-activated” because of a “direct threat to your status quo” or that I “expect” a red carpet is utterly erroneous as nothing I do in this ecosystem is for status. And it’s not like I was by a pool, I was doing other things for this ecosystem/personal circumstance related. I do know you don’t care in this but it is again, important context for this public forum.

Re MG areas of work, it is a reality that certain elements like bylaws and other structural considerations will simply take longer than community, ecosystem and PG. Mainly because there could be certain things that will take a little longer to be publicly shared. I do agree communication to this effect should have been shared.

2 Likes

Hello - this is a great opportunity to bring up the CoC. There’s been significant progress on this document and an ongoing open discussion on the forum as well. The CoC has been a Community WG Initiative so far, but I would love @simona_pop and the rest of the MG Stewards to provide their input.

Check this thread for more: [Temp Check] ENS Code of Conduct

3 Likes

@estmcmxci I was going to message you - @Coltron.eth mentioned your work on the Code of Conduct and I am definitely keen to review and even pull from the WG budget for compensation. As mentioned in some of the comments above, there was a post meant to go out re sub working groups and this was going to be one…

2 Likes

Inty, don’t be as confrontational. This is the first term of stewardships: roles are not defined, work streams are being worked on, the work is voluntary and unpaid. The term is also very short, just six months, which is enough for us to have an idea which working groups are working and which aren’t. I think Simona made a very good response on why she was absent and you’re being a bit too reactive. This is not very productive.

7 Likes

I apologise for being reactive and confrontational. Sorry @simona_pop

3 Likes

Also exists as a .eth website.

3 Likes

Is it? I thought they get paid 100 $ENS a month, whereas the lead coordinated (who is it?) gets 250 $ENS a month.

1 Like

Having a chat to @Coltron.eth tomorrow on a few things and will discuss this also :slight_smile:
We have also hopefully found a time for the WG call to happen (we span 3/4 timezones) so will keep everyone updated

1 Like

Thank you for the support, @AvsA and everyone who reached out via DM :slight_smile:

Thank you for the apology, I am hopeful this is genuine and not a reaction to Alex stepping in.
Let us move forward :arrow_forward:

1 Like

To move forward or not, is not decided by me. Two out of three stewards still remain awol. The vote stands at 10-1 for re-election. I apologised to you for my confrontational and reactive behaviour on a personal level, but I do not apologise for what I said. I should have chosen better words and maintained decorum, but the points made in the proposal remain. Do we have a schedule for “the call” yet? Looking forward!

Link to a post on an upcoming Meta-Gov call.

https://discuss.ens.domains/t/meta-gov-wg-call-april-7-europe-usa-timezone/11888

4 Likes

thanks for sharing, @alisha.eth

1 Like

I meant move fwd in general and from your negativity. :v:

1 Like

Yes, absolutely. I hope we can work together since I believe for now at least that you are willing to come back and work with us. I am making my fair share of enemies and I am happy to get reigned in by others when necessary :woozy_face::sweat_smile:

Thanks everyone who attended the Meta-Gov call last week. It was refreshing to get back to work and see the group together again on a call.

On our side, we’re working on a proposal with @James to increase overall engagement and participation. Expect to see that later this week.