Secondary market place for ENS domains

After the delisting of Calvin-Klein.eth from Opensea i think that in the future this will become more frequent so i was curious of what the ENS DAO community is thinking of building a secondary market place specifically for ENS domain names with fees going to the DAO treasury?

2 Likes

Do you mean a DEX for ENS? DEXENS? It’ll have to be DEX since ENS Foundation can be required to take the names down by DMCA if it’s their marketplace. Of course, ENSF registered in Cayman helps but Cayman is not out of reach of big industry. DEX is the safer option

1 Like

Yes, i mean a decentralized market place for secondary market, similar to what crypto punk is doing but i guess we can use some tools such as fleek and IPFS to decentralized the frontend as well.

2 Likes

Do a search for ‘ENS DEX’. There have been few threads on this in the past. I think there are plans for it in the long-long term once the revenues die out from premium domain auctions post-merge, but it is not high on the priority list at the moment. I mean it is a serious task to undertake and ENS DAO is much bigger than Punks, so due diligence will need to be done. But I don’t see any way around it in the end :wink:

2 Likes