This post relates to steward nominations for the Community working group of the ENS DAO, for the first term of 2022.
Please see this post for context on how steward nominations and steward elections will work.
The steward nomination window for the first term of 2022 will be open from 9am UTC on January 5, 2022 to 9am UTC on January 9, 2022.
For an individual to be elected as a working group steward, they must:
- Nominate yourself as a steward during the nomination window; and
- Receive 10k votes in support of your nomination to be included on the ballot for the steward election; and
- Be one of the top three ranked nominees in the steward election for a particular working group.
Stewards will carry out responsibilities related to the administration and operation of working groups, as set out in EP4, under Rule 4.5.
Any person is eligible to nominate themselves to be a steward of a working group during the nomination window.
In order to nominate yourself as a steward, you must have write-access to all of the categories in the governance forum. Please submit the Participant Request form if you require write-access. If you have submitted the form and have not received a response it is because there is an invalid entry in your form. Please resubmit the Participant Request form.
To nominate yourself as a steward, follow these three steps:
- Reply to this post with the following information:
- Link to Snapshot: (fill this in after Step 2)
- Preferred Name:
- ENS name:
- Forum username:
- Twitter (optional):
- Why do you want to be a steward of this working group?
- Create a Snapshot vote in the ENS WG Steward Nomination space here. Select “New Proposal” and use the following template:
- Title: [[Name of working group]] Nominate [your preferred name or ENS name]
example: [Community] Nominate alisha.eth
- Body: copy and past your forum reply from above which includes your preferred name, ENS name, forum username, Twitter profile link (optional), and why you want to be a steward of this working group.
- Select the start date and time as your current local date and time
- Select the end date as the equivalent of 9am UTC Jan 9 in your local time
- For help converting timezones, you can consult this website.
- Once you have replied with your nomination post and created a Snapshot vote, you can edit your forum post and include a link to your Snapshot vote.
After successfully nominating yourself to be a steward, you are able to campaign for 10k votes in support of your nomination on Snapshot. Any nominee with 10k votes supporting their steward nomination will be included in the ballot for the steward election.
The steward election will start at 9am UTC on January 10, 2022 and remain open for 120 hours. The role of steward in the relevant working group will be offered to nominees based on the order in which they are ranked within the working group election.
Please post any questions in this thread and reserve replies to this post for nominations only. If you would prefer to chat in Discord, please comment in the Steward Nomination thread under the #DAO-chat channel, and tag alisha.eth.