Steward nomination: Community working group

This post relates to steward nominations for the Community working group of the ENS DAO, for the first term of 2022.

Please see this post for context on how steward nominations and steward elections will work.

The steward nomination window for the first term of 2022 will be open from 9am UTC on January 5, 2022 to 9am UTC on January 9, 2022.

For an individual to be elected as a working group steward, they must:

1. Nominate yourself as a steward during the nomination window; and
  2. Receive 10k votes in support of your nomination to be included on the ballot for the steward election; and
  3. Be one of the top three ranked nominees in the steward election for a particular working group.

Stewards will carry out responsibilities related to the administration and operation of working groups, as set out in EP4, under Rule 4.5.

Any person is eligible to nominate themselves to be a steward of a working group during the nomination window.

In order to nominate yourself as a steward, you must have write-access to all of the categories in the governance forum. Please submit the Participant Request form if you require write-access. If you have submitted the form and have not received a response it is because there is an invalid entry in your form. Please resubmit the Participant Request form.

Instructions

To nominate yourself as a steward, follow these three steps:

1. Reply to this post with the following information:
  • Link to Snapshot: (fill this in after Step 2)
  • Preferred Name:
  • ENS name:
  • Forum username:
  • Twitter (optional):
  • Why do you want to be a steward of this working group?
  1. Create a Snapshot vote in the ENS WG Steward Nomination space here. Select ā€œNew Proposalā€ and use the following template:
  • Title: [[Name of working group]] Nominate [your preferred name or ENS name]
    example: [Community] Nominate alisha.eth
  • Body: copy and past your forum reply from above which includes your preferred name, ENS name, forum username, Twitter profile link (optional), and why you want to be a steward of this working group.
  • Select the start date and time as your current local date and time
  • Select the end date as the equivalent of 9am UTC Jan 9 in your local time
  • For help converting timezones, you can consult this website.
  1. Once you have replied with your nomination post and created a Snapshot vote, you can edit your forum post and include a link to your Snapshot vote.

After successfully nominating yourself to be a steward, you are able to campaign for 10k votes in support of your nomination on Snapshot. Any nominee with 10k votes supporting their steward nomination will be included in the ballot for the steward election.

The steward election will start at 9am UTC on January 10, 2022 and remain open for 120 hours. The role of steward in the relevant working group will be offered to nominees based on the order in which they are ranked within the working group election.

Please post any questions in this thread and reserve replies to this post for nominations only. If you would prefer to chat in Discord, please comment in the Steward Nomination thread under the #DAO-chat channel, and tag alisha.eth.

4 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot: [Community Nominate] Premm.eth
  • Preferred Name: Prem
  • ENS name: Premm.eth
  • Forum username: Premm.eth
  • Twitter (optional): @nxt3d

I want to support the development of ENS to make it the Web3 standard for naming. In the future, not only will every user of Web3 have a personal ENS name, but also every NFT (including images, audio recordings, videos, 3D objects, and documents), every smart contract, and every physical asset (including vehicles, retail products, real estate, and machines).

As a steward of the ENS DAO Community working group, I will be bringing my years of experience in digital art and design and my passion for the principles of Web3, including decentralization, autonomy, sovereign ownership, and permission-less systems.

I also have web development experience and have always worked at the intersection of art, design, and software. I am connected in several communities, including the New York art and design world, in which I have worked for nearly 15 years as a 3D designer. I also have experience working with inventors, including designing for 3D printing and patents. I personally hold several patents for technologies including AI, VR, and 3D printing.

When I first learned about ENS, I realized that it had the potential to become one of the foundational pillars of Web3. Because of its composable design, it could be used to create platforms I had been dreaming about for years, including to support creatives to share their work autonomously. (One idea I had was an online community dedicated to open sourcing every 3D thing possible, e.g wikithings.org).

Since first learning about ENS early last year, I have been working continuously to understand everything I can about the platform and help in any way I can to improve and support ENS as a dedicated member of the community. I look forward to continuing this work and taking on new responsibilities as a steward of the Community working group.

3 Likes

Community - Coltron.eth

• Link to Snapshot: [Community] Nominate Coltron.eth

• Preferred Name: Colton

• ENS name: Coltron.eth

• Forum username: Coltron.eth

• Twitter: Coltron_eth

I feel drawn to this working group because I see ENS as more than just a naming protocol; It is also a rich community of end-users, creators, and developers. Iā€™m excited about the possibility that the ENS DAO will promote fellowship and encourage individuals to feel intrinsically motivated to build something greater than themselves.

Professionally, I have primarily held emergency service and non-technical roles in the United States, working for Federal and municipal organizations. My duties and responsibilities have included functioning as a firefighter and EMT, assisting with the development of standard operating procedures for medical programs, and maintaining city-wide emergency warning systems. I am service-oriented and passionate about making a difference where I fit in.

For the past two months, Iā€™ve been involved with learn docs and mission statement. I am already embedded into the community, and I would love to continue helping as a working group steward. :handshake: :fire:

Read more on my Steward Candidate Website.

4 Likes

Link to Snapshot: [Community] Nominate slobo.eth

Preferred Name: slobo
ENS name: slobo.eth
Forum username: slobo.eth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexSlobodnik

Why do you want to be a steward of this working group?

Iā€™ve been heavily involved with the community of ENS already, so it is only natural to want to be a steward for the community working group. Iā€™ve seen new community members enter and become active contributors. I hope to facilitate this to a greater degree as a steward.

The community working group is central to getting the word out about ENS. My skills in marketing from years of experience in the corporate world seem like a great fit here. Iā€™d like nothing more than to use my skills to increase the adoption of ENS.

Lastly, as a web3 builder thatā€™s creating a better communication platform for crypto communities, the perspective I bring is valuable. I believe that ENS is the cornerstone of web3 and I canā€™t wait to be empowered to help more!

6 Likes

Snapshot
[Public Goods] Nominate avsa.eth

Name: Alex Van de Sande
ENS name: avsa.eth
Forum username: avsa
Twitter: avsa

I believe if we want to bring everyone in the fold, we need to focus on all the non-speculative good that blockchains can do to the world. And ENS, a pioneer NFT for identity, should be on the forefront.

Link to Snapshot: Snapshot [Community]
Preferred Name: superphiz
ENS name: superphiz.eth
Forum username: superphiz
Twitter (optional): superphiz

My goal across the entire Ethereum ecosystem is to promote healthy and engaged community. Iā€™ve filled this role across several platforms (twitter, discord, reddit), and in a variety of communities (EthStaker, Ethfinance, POAP, Rocket Pool, and many smaller communities). My goal with every community is to encourage participants to be kind and welcoming to others and to strive for high ideals in the Ethereum Ecosystem. ENS is in a unique position to become critical infrastructure to the adoption of web3, and I want to spend my time maximizing that benefit for all of our communities. I believe that weā€™re all weak, weā€™re all struggling to make sense of this new world, and weā€™re all a little overwhelmed - but together we can achieve great things.

3 Likes

[Community] Nominate oakgroup.eth(Snapshot)

Preferred Name: Marcus MartĆ­nez
ENS name: oakgroup.eth
Forum Username: estmcmxci
Twitter: https://twitter.com/estmcmxci

ENS is a great opportunity to on board the masses to Web 3. I believe in sovereignty, agency, and the pursuit of realizing oneā€™s ideals. Web 3 is the place to empower folks to do just that. Iā€™d like to help empower all people towards building an interconnected, diverse, and fairly distributed network.

Let this nomination serve as an introduction to the greater community; a signal of my intention and commitment to build a better world online. Finally, let this nomination indicate that I am aligned with ENSā€™ long term vision of building a public welfare and resources platform for all digital denizens around Earth, and hopefully soon, across the Solar System.

Thank you,
Marcus MartĆ­nez

Hey frENS! Iā€™m Zadok7.eth. I first want to express how grateful I am to have stumbled into ENS and the amazing community here. I am blown away sometimes by everything I learn and experience. If youā€™ve spent any amount of time in web3, youā€™ll notice thereā€™s something definitely different about ENS. And itā€™s not just one thing. Itā€™s not just the mission to become THE standard decentralized public naming protocol of web3, or how ENS names have helped thousands on-board into the space. Itā€™s not just about all the cool stuff that ENS can do right now, or whatā€™s right around the corner. What really makes it special is the community involved behind it all. Without our passion-driven, talented and diverse community, ENS would not be what it is now, and what we hope and believe it will become tomorrow.

For this reason, Iā€™d be honored to be one of the Stewards of the ENS Community Working group. I see this role as facilitating and empowering others to use their time, talents, and giftings to accomplish amazing things together. I donā€™t see this limited to engineers and the technically adept. I think thatā€™s one common misconception about contributing in web3 and to DAOs. As a Steward I would seek to facilitate very open and inclusive participation from many types of individuals with wide ranges of skills.

For example, one subgroup I would personally like to see formed is an ENS ambassador squad. I feel a lot can be accomplished with one. However, the real treasure in being a Steward would be to discover and draw out of individuals their own interests and skills, then help them to find roles that align with what the ENS Community Working group sets out to achieve. Along with this, I would seek to ensure contributors are rewarded and recognized for all they do. Thereā€™s so much work to be done as web3 hits mainstream and ENS adoption and integration continues to take off. ENS is the main project I am involved with, and I would have the time and bandwidth available to fill not only the role of Steward, but also working in parallel as a contributor.

Professionally, I have lengthy work experience in various technical support roles. You may have seen me around helping out in Discord and the Governance forums. Feel free to say ā€œhiā€ anytime. If you want to know a bit more about my own dreams and interests, please check out a few of my posts here:

https://zadok7.eth.limo ā† IPFS + ENS <3
or
https://zadok7.org

Thanks for reading and considering me for nomination.

5 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot: Nominate limes.eth
  • Preferred Name: Limes
  • ENS name: limes.eth
  • Forum username: limes.eth
  • Twitter (optional): @EnlightenedLime
  • Why do you want to be a steward of this working group?:

If you look at my twitter history, virtually every post is about ENS or Ethereum. In my belief, ENS as an identity is the most underrated aspect of crypto (Even with all the recent celebrity adoption). I love making ENS fun through memes, jokes, and tweets, and think these things are a precursor to get people in the space before giving them incredible use cases like ownership and simplified crypto payments.

A point of emphasis for me if elected would be interacting with leaders across DAOs and organizations to get them to implement ENS for the community and utilize its features, such as ENS profile pictures and subdomains. This, in my opinion, establishes ENS domains as THE identification system in web 3.0.

In conclusion, being a community steward is already something I love doing, applying for this position is just putting an official title on it. I love ENS and will continue to interact with the community and promote adoption regardless of outcome.

3 Likes

Link to Snapshot: Snapshot
Preferred Name: juanrumeu
ENS name: juanrumeu.eth
Forum username: juanrumeu
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jrumeu

Since I got to know ENS in 2018 I always believed that it could be one of the cornerstones to structure Ethereum through human semantics. Now that it is a reality as a single sign on system, it would be a pleasure to contribute to spreading the project so that it can also be a sovereign digital identity system. Spanish speakers are always lagging behind because of the language issue and I think I could contribute a lot to the translation and dissemination of the project into Spanish.
Greetings, thanks and I wish you all a great 2022.

Desde que conocĆ­ ENS en 2018 siempre creĆ­ que podrĆ­a ser una de las piedras angulares para estructurar Ethereum mediante la semĆ”ntica humana. Ahora que es una realidad como sistema single sign on serĆ­a un placer contribuir a difundir el proyecto para que sea ademĆ”s un sistema de identidad digital soberana. Los hispanohablantes siempre vamos retrasados por el tema del idioma y creo que podrĆ­a aportar mucho en las labores de traducciĆ³n y difusiĆ³n del proyecto al espaƱol.
Saludos gracias y os deseo un gran 2022 a todos.

1 Like

Snapshot
Preferred Name: daylon.eth
ENS name: daylon.eth
Forum username: daylon.eth
Twitter: @daylon_eth

I have been a very active member of the ENS DAO since receiving the airdrop, and I intend to continue contributing whatever I can to help ENS continue to grow and succeed. I will do everything I can to be an excellent ambassador when representing ENS DAO and web 3 in general. I am extremely active in the DAO forums and spend a lot of time pondering the solutions we will need to develop to keep ENS moving forward.

For a detailed post about my platform as an ENS DAO delegate, please view my application here:

3 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot: Snapshot
  • Preferred Name: Ginge
  • ENS name: Ginge.eth
  • Forum username: Ginge
  • Twitter: Ginge_eth
  • I want to be a steward, first and foremost to be of service to the community. I want to be an advocate and a channel that is open and receiving for our community members. I want to be an example of radical inclusivity in every medium and opportunity. I believe my dedicated time, energy, and skills to this role would nourish the ENS ecosystem, and I know my commitment to service would elevate our community. My professional experience as a media expert who worked on the launch of apple plus, and top social media platforms coupled with my Web3 community dedication and commitment to the dev space makes me an empowered choice to engage in ENSā€™s future.
3 Likes

Community Working Group - spencecoin.eth

• Link to Snapshot: Snapshot
  • Preferred Name: Jordan / spencecoin
  • ENS name: spencecoin.eth
  • Forum username: spencecoin
  • Twitter (optional): https://twitter.com/spencecoin

As I stated in my initial delegate application, Iā€™ve been involved in using and spreading the good word about ENS since it launched back in 2017. Iā€™ve been an outspoken proponent of what ENS enables both as a protocol but as an onboarding tool, and will continue to do so.

Iā€™m interested in every group, but the community working group makes the most sense for me as Iā€™ve been involved in the Ethereum and ENS community for years and my expertise is in community, communications, and marketing - specifically, user-and-community-facing roles where I can interact with those who are looking to integrate ENS, those who have integrated ENS, and those who are using ENS as individuals.

I believe I can have the largest impact here!