Steward Nominations - ENS Ecosystem Working Group (Term 5, Calendar 2024)

Nominations for the 5th ENS DAO Steward Term (Calendar 2024) will open on December 6th.

Most of processes will be identical to previous elections, with the exception of the new Term Length of 1 year that was voted in via this proposal.

If you would like to nominate yourself to be an ENS Ecosystem Working Group Steward for the calender year 2024 period (Term 5), please complete the steps outlined below:

Nomination Steps

Step 1

Forum: Reply to this post with the following information:

• Link to Snapshot: (fill this in after Step 2)
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name:
  • Forum username:
  • Twitter profile link (optional):
  • Why do you want to be a Steward of this Working Group?
  • Any other information you wish to share with Delegates (e.g. potential conflicts or existing engagements)

Step 2

Snapshot: Create a Snapshot vote in the ENS WG Steward Nomination space HERE. Select “New Proposal” and use the following template:

Template
Title: [[Name of Working Group]] Nominate [your preferred name or ENS name]

• Example: [Meta-Governance] Nominate 5pence.eth

Body: Copy and paste your forum reply from above which includes:

• Your preferred name/ENS name
  • Forum username
  • Twitter profile link (optional)
  • Why do you want to be a Steward of this Working Group?
  • Any other information you wish to share with Delegates (e.g. potential conflicts or existing engagements)

Vote Timing
Select the start date and time of December 6 at 9am UTC.
Select the end date of December 9. The time will automatically be set to end at the same time the proposal starts (which should be 9am UTC).

Please note, Snapshot will use your current timezone to set the time. Please convert 9am UTC into your local timezone when setting up your proposal.

For reference: 9am UTC = 5am ET / 2am PT / 10am BST / 11am CEST

Any nominations submitted to the forum prior to the start of the nomination window will become active when the nomination window opens on December 6. All votes to support a Steward nomination must be made during the nomination window.

Step 3

After successfully nominating yourself to be a Steward, you require 10k votes in support of your nomination on Snapshot between December 6 - 9.

Any nominee with 10k votes supporting their Steward nomination will be included in the ballot for the Steward election of the relevant Working Group.

Steward Elections

Anyone who completes the steps in the “Nominations Steps” section above will be included on the ballot for election. Steward elections will use approval voting.

Election begins: 9am UTC on December 10
Election ends: 9am UTC on December 15

Gitcoin Passport

If you have trouble submitting a proposal on Snapshot, please make sure you set up Gitcoin Passport first. You can set up your Gitcoin passport at passport.gitcoin.co.

Video Walkthrough

Before creating a Snapshot vote, please watch this video walkthrough of the process.

Questions

If you have any questions about the Steward election or nominations, or if you need help setting up your Snapshot vote, please comment below or DM 5pence.eth on Twitter.

Forum Write-Access

In order to nominate yourself as a Steward, you must have write-access to all of the categories in the governance forum. Please submit the Participant Request form if you require write-access. If you have submitted the form and have not received a response it is because there is an invalid entry in your form. Please DM me on Twitter (@5pence_eth) to follow up with issues.

4 Likes

Nomination for sharp3.eth

Snapshot Vote Link

Your preferred name/ENS name: sharp3.eth
Forum username: sharp3.eth
Twitter profile link (optional): @sharp

Why do you want to be a Steward of this Working Group?

ENS is one of the most recognizable aspects of the Ethereum ecosystem and the ETH community. In that sense, ENS has developed an ecosystem of its own with a wide range of participants, stakeholders and contributors. To this extent, the Ecosystem working group plays a pivotal role in maintaining and growing the ENS ecosystem with a multitude of initiatives. I am confident that my additional contribution to the Ecosystem working group will facilitate and alleviate the processes of the Group.

My vision for the ENS ecosystem

• Proactive Growth and outbounds: Working in multiple ecosystems and protocols like Compound, Kava, Arbitrum and Optimism, I realize the need for a proactive effort to grow the ecosystem. ENS has been the go to web3 identification and community standard since its inception, in that regard it has always attracted top level projects and developers (eth.limo for example). At the same time, it is equally important the the ecosystem working group actively seeks contributors to keep expanding the ENS ecosystem, akin to the Infinite Garden as suggested by Ms Aya Miyaguchi.
  • Community engagement: As the key stakeholder in the ENS ecosystem continuation and growth, the ecosystem working group needs to have a more proactive approach in attracting projects and integrations. Furthermore, the extensive ENS community spread across social media is the best medium for referral and identification of the projects best suited to drive ENS growth.
  • Emphasis on events: Alongside the active outbounds, the support to Hackathons and fellowships also paves way to attract top talent into the ecosystem. The working group has been very active on this front, and I would love to see more activity as we move ahead.

My Background

I have been involved in Web3 since 2019. 2021 onwards I started helping startups to get connected and supported by ecosystems through grant programs. I have professional experience in the DAO processes with my current role as Governance Lead @ Alphagrowth.io, a Web3 ecosystem growth consultant.

• DAO and Governance Lead @ Alphagrowth: As the DAO lead at Alphagrowth, a web3 ecosystem growth consultant, I spearhead the growth operations and relations with DAOs. Currently working on Compound, Arbitrum and Collab.Land DAOs, I have developed close working relationships with the deleagtes and community members that helps me have a good understanding of the current happenings in the DAO industry.
  • Governance Facilitator at Boardroom: As the governance analyst with Boardroom, I work closely with the Boardroom team to facilitate governance in the Optimism and Aave DAOs. Giving weekly updates, proposal analysis and governance briefs to the Community. Some of my writings can be found here and here

I have a rich background in ecosystems and grants. Here are a couple of my projects that demonstrate my experience in this field

• Web3Native: Track, analyze and work on 107+ Web3 ecosystems and grant programs. For the startups that reach out to the platform, I help them with identifying and filling grant applications without any fee. Additionally, I also recommend Web3 incubators and accelerators to startups.
  • Optimism Grant Analytics: On this project, I track all the current and past grantees for Optimism. Currently tracking 441+ projects that have cumulatively secured grants over 50M OP. At present the data on grants is scattered across the Optimism governance forum, and community members do not have an easy way to discover and analyze the grantees. Grant3 helps facilitate the OP community with Grant analytics.
  • Aave Grant Analysis: A platform that showcases the work of the Aave Grant DAO. The platform offers a simple and intuitive interface to understand the current and past updates relating the the Aave grants. A critical tool for the community to identify Grants and grantees.

Any other information you wish to share with Delegates (e.g. potential conflicts or existing engagements)

I am working with Alphagrowth and Boardroom to serve multiple DAOs including Compound, Optimism, Aave, Arbitrum and Collab.land (And also ENS). I do not see any conflicts of interest at the time of applying for this role, but I a situation arises in the future, I will ensure that the working groups, stewards and community members have ample information to make decisions.

I thank the ENS community for presenting me an opportunity to contribute to the advancement of the Ecosystem. I look forward to contribute more to the community as we move forward.

1 Like

Nomination for 184.eth

Snapshot: Snapshot
ENS name: 184.eth
ENS profile: 184.eth | ens.184.eth
Forum username: 184.eth
Twitter profile link: 184eth
Forum summary: here

I am deeply passionate about ENS and am committed to cultivating a space for builders.

Having completed my first term as Ecosystem Steward, I’ve been active, collaborating closely with fellow stewards Slobo and Limes, acting as inbound and liasing with builders. It has been a massive year of growth for ENS. I believe the upcoming term is crucial for the DAO & ENS (The Public Good), and I’m driven to serve in this advance.

I remain engaged across various platforms, working group calls, irl events, and have fostered beneficial relationships with other stewards and contributors.
ENS is core infrastructure, and there’s an opportunity to tap into whole communities (BYO communities) by concentrating efforts on attracting and making builder resources accessible. In this spirit, it’s important to me that we support projects growing ENS utility and making it available to all, as well as those which showcase it uniquely and impactfully to the broader crypto space.

As a Steward, I will proudly be of service to the DAO, Ecosystem and to the vision of this 100 year protocol. I’ll serve responsibly, supporting the valued folks building with and for ENS, as well as for those who use it.

My recent involvement includes:

• Active ecosystem steward for term 4 (Q3/Q4 2023)
  • Support mod for ensdomains discord and manager app support tool.
  • Composed detailed minutes for WG calls (May to September 2023)
  • Supported ETHCC booth and ETHGlobal Istanbul hackathon.
  • Near complete attendance to MetaGov, Ecosystem, and Public Goods WG calls.
  • Began part time role as Support Lead with ENS Labs in Sep 2023.

Regards,

184.eth

13 Likes

Snapshot: link
ENS name: slobo.eth
Forum username: slobo.eth
Twitter: link

ENS is key to providing a better crypto experience to the next wave of crypto users. The world in which ENS is the global naming system is one that I want to live in. By being a Steward I hope to accelerate that arrival of that future!

Seeing the ENS builder community grow and engage productively with one another has been the highlight of this term. I can say that the amount of interconnections formed this term exceed all other terms! The Ecosystem group has encouraged and facilitated many of these connections. I am proud of the information sharing that occurs between ENS builders, core contributors, and ecosystem participants on the weekly Ecosystem call.

As a four time Ecosystem Steward I am well positioned to build on the progress the group has made. It’s been an honor to deepen my relationships with current and former stewards. I’d also like to thank @184.eth & @Limes for being productive members of Ecosystem WG. I hope to continue working with them!

Any other information you wish to share with Delegates (e.g. potential conflicts or existing engagements)

• resolverworks.eth is a nominee for the provider stream proposal. In the event that resolverworks.eth is selected as a service provider and I am also elected as a steward, I will work with metagov to come up with an appropriate solution for any conflicts that may arise from these two arrangements.
8 Likes

Snapshot: link
Preferred Name and/or ENS name: cap - thecap.eth
Forum username: cap
Twitter: link

After being with ENS DAO as a member and a small Delegate for a year and a half now, I’m happy to say this is my 3rd time applying for the Ecosystem Steward position. Nothing has changed since the first time I applied other than my ever-growing knowledge, understanding, and appreciation for ENS protocol and the DAO.

For the last year, I actively worked on Namespace, which acts as an extension of ENS where we provide tools and services that either streamline the adoption of ENS or help ENS name owners issue Subnames in a variety of ways and for different purposes thus enhancing the presence of digital identity in Web3 world.

I’m very familiar with the intricacies of ENS DAO - being a member and a Delegate for a year and a half, and I’m very familiar with the ENS protocol - building on top of it for a year. I’m also deeply involved with the broader ENS ecosystem and the community. I love talking to our fellow builders who build on ENS as well, and with Namespace we focus on building user-centric products which give us insight into the ENS community and different user groups.

As a Steward, my commitment to serving the ENS community remains unwavering. My vision is to nurture our thriving ecosystem where developers, partners, and collaborators come together to improve and expand ENS. I’m dedicated to being a facilitator and a mentor to anyone, ensuring that every individual and team eager to build on ENS has the support, resources, and environment they need to succeed.

I believe that my entire ENS experience, coupled with my extensive knowledge of the ENS protocol and the DAO, positions me uniquely to contribute meaningfully as an Ecosystem Steward.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I applied with Namespace for a Service Provider Stream. If chosen for the Stream, I will withdraw my application from here if necessary. Or work with the Metagov working group to find the best solution.

8 Likes

Snapshot : link
ENS name : limes.eth
Forum username : limes
Twitter : link

As a three-time steward, my journey with ENS has been motivated by a strong belief in decentralized naming systems. ENS stands out as the best implementation of this concept, positioning it as a foundational element for the future of crypto. My aspiration is to contribute to ENS’s progress, leveraging my strengths to best support the DAO.

All of my efforts primarily focus on fostering the ENS ecosystem. This has included organizing real-life events and facilitating working group calls, which have become more than mere meetings. These gatherings are launch pads for relationship-building, idea exchange, and the birthplace of ENS-focused enterprises, shaping ENS’s future.

Beyond ENS, my commitment extends to the success of DAOs at large. As a New York State-licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA), I’ve been rigorously overseeing the financial aspects of the ENS DAO. My role involves meticulous financial tracking and upholding transparency, evident from our spending records for Term 1 here. This responsibility underscores my dedication to good governance and the enduring success of ENS.

Looking ahead, I am excited to continue leveraging my skills and passion for the benefit of the ENS community.

I operate as Growth Manager at Layer3 in addition to my steward duties

9 Likes

I am posting this in behalf of Conor, the organizer of both the latest EthBrasil conferences and someone I would endorse for the job. For some reason he had persistent issues with the forum and could not post himself.

Your preferred name/ENS name: conordb.eth
Forum username: conordb.eth
Twitter profile link (optional): https://twitter.com/conordb
Snapshot link

Background:

I am the founder of Ethereum Brasil, having built a large and engaged community in Brazil over the past 2+ years. We have run multiple hackathons, dev bootcamps, conferences, startup pitching days etc.

I recently founded CODIFI (codifi.com.br) - a startup program for Brazilian startups in Blockchain for Finance, consisting of a hackathon and incubator to foster new projects in Brazil every 6 months.

Although I have lived in Brazil since 2006 working as an entrepreneur (founder x 6), I am Irish and my first language is English, as well as being fluent in Portuguese. I have a masters in International law from Trinity College Dublin and I practised as a Lawyer for 5 years in Ireland.

So that means…
— I have all the communication, technical and admin skills to do this job.
— I also have lots and lots “real world” of experience outside crypto that
— I work/have worked with all the main protocols in the Ethereum ecosystem with a proven track record.
— I am pretty outspoken when necessary, and would not be a person who shirks from their duty to call out something that they see as not being in the best interest of the ENS community.
— Our team has been applying for grants in the ecosystem over the years for various educational initiatives. I can bring the experience as a project applying for ecosystem grants, in particular for teams that are not very experienced in applying.

–Why do I want to be a steward of the Ecosystem Grants?
I have seen how being successful with grants is mostly how good one is at admin/filing applications, rather than the project per se. I will explore how non-grant experts with good projects can be brought into the fold.

Transparency, accountability and arbitrariness: I have been vocal and have had very frank and public discussions with the likes of ESP on the way they decide the allocation of their grants - I have had support from other main ETH event organisers on this subject, which many believe is based more on “fren-ships” than merits of projects. Cronyism within the crypto space, for me, is destructive in the long term. Escaping from old, corrupt systems was one of the main reasons I dedicate myself to the community. It would be something that I would make sure is not present within the ENS ecosystem.

Community involvement: the community needs to be aware and involved in decision-making for the grants program through regular communication channels and feedback mechanisms.

Ecosystem grants awareness: I have a strong network in LATAM and among the principal ETH event organisers. I can help to drive awareness to ENS grants in the LATAM region and beyond.

Fresh Ideas and ways of thinking: My mantra at Ethereum Brasil, has to be “inclusive and not exclusive”. New ways of thinking and working with projects that are “not cool” are something that I am good at, being more a pragmatist than a die-hard idealist. For example, I can sit down with the likes of Banks and explain the benefits for both sides working together. Big change (mass adoption) is a long road starts with small and steps…

Any other information you wish to share with Delegates (e.g. potential conflicts or existing engagements) - I have other projects (listed above) but these should not affect my ability to fulfil the duties as Ecosystem steward.

2 Likes

thanks @AvsA seems to be working now :slight_smile: