Steward Nominations — Public Goods WG

• Link to Snapshot
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name: kn00t.eth | alasdao.eth
  • Forum username: kn00t
  • Twitter profile link (optional): TorstenGoerke
  • Why do you think you would be a good steward of this working group?

With my steward nomination for Q1,Q2 2022 I was seeking for ways to take responsibility for the tools I create as an information technology researcher and now I want to re-new my application as an ENS delegate. With Alas DAO we are working to create a Cyber Physical Commons for OpenGuitar. We are a community of researchers and artists who want to reduce the impact of data monopolies in the realm of cyber-physical systems. Our community members share a mission to create digital public goods and sustain their use. The Trusted Seed of the Commons Stack is a community of altruistic experts in the Token Engineering space helping communities in the launch of new Commons to ensure initial token distributions land with trusted and reputable actors in the ecosystem. Please see here for details on our work at Commons Stack and here for the pathways we layed out at Giveth.

I am a technology-driven social individual. I aquired some technical skills along the way. I worked in IT infrastructure and research data projects for several years, followed by medical data interoperability work and data-driven research for medical technology, tumor research, microscopy and the humanities. I recently founded Alas DAO to advance education as a public good with focus on STEAM education (science, technology, arts, engineering and math) for children and teenagers from disadvantaged backgrounds.

4 Likes