Steward Nominations — Public Goods WG

Steward Nominations are now open!

To nominate yourself to be a steward of the Public Goods working group, complete the steps below before 9am UTC on June 9.

Nomination Process

To nominate yourself as a steward of the Public Goods working group, follow these three steps:

Step 1

Reply to this post with the following information:

• Link to Snapshot: (fill this in after Step 2)
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name:
  • Forum username:
  • Twitter profile link (optional):
  • Why do you think you would be a good steward of this working group?

Step 2

Create a Snapshot vote in the ENS WG Steward Nomination space here. Select “New Proposal” and use the following template:

Template

• Title: [[Name of working group]] Nominate [your preferred name or ENS name]
    example: [Public Goods] Nominate ricmoo.eth

• Body: copy and past your forum reply from above which includes:

• Your preferred name/ENS name
    • Forum username
    • Twitter profile link (optional)
    • Why you think you would be a good steward of this working group

Vote Timing

• Select the start date and time as your current local date and time
  • Select the end date as the equivalent of 9am UTC June 9 in your local time
  • For help converting timezones, please consult this website.

Step 3

Once you have replied and created a Snapshot vote, you can edit your forum post in this thread and include a link to your Snapshot vote.

After successfully nominating yourself to be a steward, you are able to campaign for 10k votes in support of your nomination on Snapshot.

Any nominee with 10k votes supporting their steward nomination will be included in the ballot for the steward election of this working group.

Important Dates

The nomination window for stewards will be open from 9am UTC on June 6 to 9am UTC on June 9 for the second term of 2022.

The steward election will start at 9am UTC on June 10, 2022 and remain open for 120 hours. The three steward nominees with the most votes will be offered the role of steward in the relevant working group, based on the order in which they are ranked.

Write-Access

In order to nominate yourself as a steward, you must have write-access to all of the categories in the governance forum. Please submit the Participant Request form if you require write-access. If you have submitted the form and have not received a response it is because there is an invalid entry in your form. Please resubmit the Participant Request form.

Please reserve replies to this post for nominations only. If you have any questions please post them in the the ‘how it will work’ post here.

3 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name: kn00t.eth | alasdao.eth
  • Forum username: kn00t
  • Twitter profile link (optional): TorstenGoerke

With my steward nomination for Q1,Q2 2022 I was seeking for ways to take responsibility for the tools I create as an information technology researcher and now I want to re-new my application as an ENS delegate. With Alas DAO we are working to create a Cyber Physical Commons for OpenGuitar. We are a community of researchers and artists who want to reduce the impact of data monopolies in the realm of cyber-physical systems. Our community members share a mission to create digital public goods and sustain their use. The Trusted Seed of the Commons Stack is a community of altruistic experts in the Token Engineering space helping communities in the launch of new Commons to ensure initial token distributions land with trusted and reputable actors in the ecosystem. Please see here for details on our work at Commons Stack and here for the pathways we layed out at Giveth.

I am a technology-driven social individual. I aquired some technical skills along the way. I worked in IT infrastructure and research data projects for several years, followed by medical data interoperability work and data-driven research for medical technology, tumor research, microscopy and the humanities. I recently founded Alas DAO to advance education as a public good with focus on STEAM education (science, technology, arts, engineering and math) for children and teenagers from disadvantaged backgrounds.

4 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot

• Preferred Name and/or ENS name: Avsa.eth

• Forum username: Avsa

• Twitter profile link: twitter.com/avsa

I’ve been enjoying my time as a public good steward. During our time we announced a website for bounties and grants, a bounty for Social Media interoperability, we are building an app for smaller grants that are self governed and we joined with protocol guild to support core ethereum infrastructure. I hope you all allow me to keep another term.

6 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot: proposal
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name: stevegachau.eth
  • Forum username: stevegachau.eth
  • Twitter profile link: https://twitter.com/stevegachau

I have been an active contributor to the ENS DAO since January. During this time, I built & have been maintaining @ensregistry (a bot that tracks new ens registrations on twitter).
As a Public Goods WG steward, my main agenda will be:

• Streamlining the funding process for projects therefore making it quicker, transparent, and credibly neutral. The Metaphor team is already working on a grants application that will help in achieving this goal
  • Spearheading the discussion on how the PG WG can generate revenue and become self sustainable
  • Pushing for ENS Subdomain adoption (Name Wrapper & L2/Offchain Resolution)
7 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot: [Public Goods] Nominate anthonyware.eth

• Preferred Name and/or ENS name: Anthony

• Forum username: theanthonyware

• Twitter profile link (optional): https://twitter.com/theanthonyware

During the First Term, I participated in 50% or more of the Public Goods Working Group. My participation included asking clarifying questions and sharing my insights/perspectives, and feedback during and after meeting for documents, projects and grant frameworks. I did this even though I am/was not an elected Steward. My focus as an elected Steward will continue to be expanding access to public goods funding for coding and non-coding projects including helping a larger audience knowing the funding even exists. We, the PG WG of the ENS DAO can be a leader in shaping what web3 public goods are today and how public goods will impact the world over the next 10+ years. My intentions and actions continue to be grounded in what I detailed in my nomination for the First Term.

8 Likes

Link to Snapshot: Snapshot

Preferred Name and/or ENS name: hellenstans.eth

Forum username: elle97

Twitter profile link: https://twitter.com/hellenstans

Why do you think you would be a good steward of this working group?

I have been an active contributor on ENS DAO working groups since February.

• I helped start a subgroup on ENS DAO to be a point of contact for .eth websites.
  • Held bi-weekly subgroup meetings for the .eth websites community and other website generators on how to further develop use cases of ENS domains.
    - Nimi.eth
    - ENSpunks.eth
    - Eth leaderboard
    - eth.limo
  • Held competitions for newly created websites as a fun activity to grow and increase use cases for ENS domains.
  • Started working on educational guides on how to build .eth websites
  • Established bi-weekly community calls on Esteroids discord.

Additionally, I have contributed to several different DAOs that utilize ENS Domains.

I want to support the ENS vision of solving issues around public goods funding and help create better incentive mechanisms that support the ENS ecosystem.

7 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot: click here for the proposal
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name: ricmoo.eth
  • Forum username: ricmoo
  • Twitter profile link (optional): @ricmoo

During the first session, I was an ENS Steward, albeit an appointed Steward as I am an advisor to ENS.

I believe my main strength that I can contribute as a Public Goods steward is my experience as the author of ethers, which is an open-source Etheruem library (Public Good) that has been in large funded by GitCoin.

I have had a lot of trials and tribulations with both successes and disappointments funding ethers, and as my livelihood is quite tethered to the success of funding of public goods, it is something I often think about. Public Goods funding is often a focus of my shower thoughts. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your consideration. <3

8 Likes

Link to Snapshot: Here
My preferred name is Scott
My ENS name is ceresstation.eth
My forum username is ceresstation
And my Twitter is @notscottmoore

Hey all!

Over the first term of the ENS DAO, I’ve been proud to be a Public Goods WG steward, and to help push forward our impact in collaboration with @AvsA as our working group lead. I hope that the structures put in place will serve the community well in the months and years to come.

And today, I’m excited to submit my nomination to continue this work.

In general, I’ve been a long time supporter of public goods in Ethereum and beyond. Among other things I’ve:

• Actively participated in the Ethereum ecosystem since 2016 (and surprisingly, started a DAO project back then as well)
  • Co-founded Gitcoin which has funded over $60m in Ethereum public goods to date
  • Helped push forward one of the first Digital Public Goods Alliance communities of practice
  • Served as a volunteer committee member in a variety of community grants programs including Ethereum Foundation Grants
  • Helped provide guidance to a number of public goods projects throughout web3 including ENS DAO and now Optimism

But so beyond the credentials, why do I want to be part of the public goods working group?

As I’ve mentioned before, I still believe that the true potential of web3 is to completely change how we coordinate value, in particular around our digital infrastructure. In the metaverse as many are now calling it, our identities are a core piece of that infrastructure, and so we have to ensure we maintain their integrity collectively, and continue to evolve them in an interoperable way.

This doesn’t only mean funding goods within the ENS ecosystem. There are so many builders in the Ethereum ecosystem that have brought us to where we are today, and that will help us find a path to where we need to be tomorrow. Our task as a working group should be to identify those builders, and the mechanisms that we can use to sustainably fund them.

By helping to steward this workstream, I commit to helping us do that in a transparent, accountable way, alongside any and all ecosystem partners who want to help us on this journey.

Together, we can create a positive-sum world.

4 Likes