Steward Nominations — Public Goods Working Group

Q1/Q2 2023 Public Goods WG Steward Nominations are now open!

To nominate yourself to be a steward of the Public Goods Working Group , complete the steps below before 9am UTC on December 9.

Nomination Process

To nominate yourself as a Steward of the Public Goods WG, follow these three steps:

Step 1

Reply to this post with the following information:

• Link to Snapshot: (fill this in after Step 2)
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name:
  • Forum username:
  • Twitter profile link (optional):
  • Why you would be a good Steward of this working group?

Step 2

Create a Snapshot vote in the ENS WG Steward Nomination space here . Select “New Proposal” and use the following template:

Template

• Title: [[Name of working group]] Nominate [your preferred name or ENS name]
    example : [Public Goods] Nominate makoto.eth
  • Body: copy and past your forum reply from above which includes:
    • Your preferred name/ENS name
    • Forum username
    • Twitter profile link (optional)
    • Why you would be a good Steward of this working group

Vote Timing

• Select the start date and time as your current local date and time
  • Select the end date as the equivalent of 9am UTC Dec 9 in your local time
  • For help converting timezones, please consult this website .

Step 3

Once you have replied and created a Snapshot vote, you can edit your forum post in this thread and include a link to your Snapshot vote.

After successfully nominating yourself to be a Steward, you require 10k votes in support of your nomination on Snapshot.

Any nominee with 10k votes supporting their Steward nomination will be included in the ballot for the Steward election of this working group.

Important Dates

The nomination window for Stewards will be open from 9am UTC on December 6 to 9am UTC on December 9 for the Q1/Q2 Term of 2023.

The Steward election will start at 9am UTC on December 10, 2022 and remain open for 120 hours. The three Steward nominees with the most votes will be offered the role of Steward in the relevant working group, based on the order in which they are ranked.

Write-Access

In order to nominate yourself as a Steward, you must have write-access to all of the categories in the governance forum. Please submit the Participant Request form if you require write-access. If you have submitted the form and have not received a response it is because there is an invalid entry in your form. Please resubmit the Participant Request form .

Please reserve replies to this post for nominations only. If you have any questions please post them here .

3 Likes

Link to Snapshot: Snapshot
Preferred Name and/or ENS name: Daylon / daylon.eth
Forum username: daylon.eth
Twitter profile link (optional): @feraldread
Why you would be a good Steward of this working group?
I feel my greatest selling point is simply my participation.
I’ve been dedicated and involved since day one of the DAO. That alone is more than most can say.

• My forum summary currently shows almost a full week of read time with ~10k topics read in just the first year the DAO has existed.
  • I’ve participated in 100% of the votes, and I am never afraid to stand alone as the only dissenting voice, even when it is so much easier to just “rubber stamp” everything.
  • I created the ENS DAO Newsletter because I understand the importance of transparency and education to the success of a public project.
  • I’ve developed several proposals (example), many of which didn’t go anywhere, but ENS DAO is an iterative process and I still believe the effort was worth my time.

My second greatest selling point is probably the following character traits I developed during my time in the military:

• Ability to thrive in “chaos” and uncertainty
  • Attention to detail
  • Punctuality and respect for other’s time
  • Accountability - actions speak louder than words!

Besides those main points, some other unique qualifications I feel I bring are:

• Critical thinking ability. I form my own conclusions based on research, knowledge, experience, and objective reasoning.
  • I don’t seek acceptance. Often the truth is uncomfortable, but that is never an excuse to be dishonest or to pander. Telling people what they want to hear is easy. Standing up for what you believe in is difficult when it isn’t the status quo - but integrity is always worth maintaining.
  • I am not motivated by money. I can’t be bought. I’m in it for the tech, not your bags. I’m actually a bitcoiner since 2014 and I’m not even particularly allegiant in Ethereum, for what it’s worth.

Thank you for your consideration.

6 Likes
  • Link to: Snapshot
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name: avsa.eth
  • Forum username: avsa
  • Twitter profile link (optional): avsa
  • Why you would be a good Steward of this working group? During my term, public goods launched the ensgrants.xyz and the scholarship program, among other decisions.
6 Likes

Your preferred name/ENS name: vegayp.eth

Forum username: vegayp

Twitter profile link (optional): https://twitter.com/vegaypatino

Why you would be a good Steward of this working group:

ENS is a great and important piece of the web3 ecosystem, and to the internet ecosystem as well.

I have been working on the past year, since the beginning of the DAO, in bringing the ENS ethos and information to a wide range of native and non native web3 users.

Why? Because of the first line here expressed. I was leading the Onboarding sub-group on the first six months of the DAO, hosting 20+ onboarding calls.

This won’t be a list of accomplishments, but more about a rationale based on the last six month of my involvement in the DAO:

• At DevCon there was no way to properly explain in other languages about ENS. But we had a huge impact on non-native english speakers, like Emilio, who became an ambassador of ENS at 12 years old (I believe he was). That was such a powerful experience in terms of reach, when we manage to engage outside a technical layer.

• Providing workshops about ENS, it happened to be that so many new use cases for ENS were presented, that the concept of Public Goods, became real. From using subdomains to avoid hacking of justice system in Argentina to stream funds for NGOs, all this uses need to be explored, promoted and viewed, for the ENS narrative to expand.

That being mentioned, I am interested on providing visibility and time on promoting ENS as a relevant public good, with real use cases, focused on non-native english speaking communities. I think we should provide a push for this narrative of Public Goods as much as we provide push for ENS as NFT.

Thanks for reading my rant! :smiley:

3 Likes

Link to Snapshot: snapshot
Preferred Name and/or ENS name: hellenstans.eth
Forum username: elle97
Twitter profile link (optional): https://twitter.com/hellenstans
Why would you be a good Steward of this working group?

I led a ENS DAO Public goods highlight initiative to highlight different projects during GR15.

Over the year, I have actively participated in the DAO and founded ENS Redirect to help redirect your domain to any website of your choice in two simple steps.

Overall I’m a public goods enthusiast and would love to support and help create incentive mechanisms for funding public goods aligned with ENS vision.

2 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot: proposal
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name: stevegachau.eth
  • Forum username: stevegachau.eth
  • Twitter profile link: https://twitter.com/stevegachau
  • Why do you think you would be a good steward of this working group?

I have been an active contributor to the ENS DAO since January. During this time, I have built several projects i.e @ensregistry & @optinames. I’m very interested in further contributing to public goods by helping guide the ENS PG workgroup moving forward.

1 Like
  • Your preferred name/ENS name: matoken.eth
  • Forum username: matoken.eth
  • Twitter profile link: @makoto_inoue
  • Why you would be a good Steward of this working group:

As part of ENS labs members, I was a steward in the first term helping PG WG up and running.
I want to nominate myself again to support the ongoing efforts achieved by the current stewards in case some of the existing stewards decide to step down/take a break this term to keep up the momentum. In addition, I also would like to contribute to promoting the presence of our PG activity in the broader Web3 ecosystem so that more high-impact projects and initiatives will start considering working with ENS DAO.
This involves documenting and revising the last one year of PG WG activities, analyzing what worked/ not worked, extracting a unique value proposition of ENS public funding, and then publishing and presenting our effort. As one of the longest-serving devs constantly working with different organisations for ENS cross-chain initiatives, I think I am uniquely qualified for the job.

5 Likes
  • Your preferred name/ENS name: coltron.eth
  • Forum username: coltron.eth
  • Twitter profile link: @coltron_eth
  • Why you would be a good Steward of this working group:

I’ve been involved with the ENS DAO since Term 1, and have helped get the Small Grants program off the ground. I’ve seen some of the direct impacts this has had and would like to continue making a difference in this way. I generally want to see more education around Public goods and more grants initiatives within the DAO during the next term.

4 Likes