The Importance of a Strategic Plan to Attract the Latin Community for the DAO

The DAO does not currently have a Strategic Plan to attract the Latin community.

Would your leaders and members be willing to work together to build one, as it is considered necessary, urgent, and beneficial to all?

3 Likes

What do you have in mind?

1 Like

Strategy to attract the Latin Community

I think we need to start with market research to understand the preferences of the Latin community. We can then tailor our messaging and outreach to better attract them.

Additionally, we need to build relationships with key opinion leaders and thought leaders within the Latin community.

• Reaching out to popular Spanish-language media outlets (e.g., Univision, Telemundo) to generate awareness of The DAO among Latin American audiences.

• Developing targeted marketing and outreach materials in Spanish to better communicate The DAO’s value proposition to potential Latin American members.

• Creating and/or partnering with Spanish-language online communities and forums (e.g., Reddit, Facebook groups) to provide information and support for Latin American members interested in joining The DAO.

• Hosting meetups and events in Latin American countries to engage directly with the local community and build interest in The DAO.

• Create content (e.g., blog posts, articles, videos, etc.) in Spanish or Portuguese to appeal to the Latin American audience.

This is just a starting point – there may be other strategies that would be more effective in attracting the Latin American community.

The important thing is that The DAO makes a concerted effort to reach out to this growing market.

3 Likes

It might be worth connecting with the ENSLatino.eth team, if you’re interested, to learn more about their plans.

4 Likes

It is important to remember that the ENS DAO is not the same as ENSLatino.eth.

Although they may share some objectives, the ENS DAO is its own entity with its own interests and goals.

Therefore, any actions or initiatives must come from the ENS DAO itself – it cannot be assumed that the ENS DAO represents any one person or project.

Without a clear goal in mind, all the ENS DAO’s efforts and resources could be wasted.

1 Like

I can see what you have brought to the forum and ENS DAO has great intentions and this seems like a topic that you have a real passion for and I. believe whhhat you are doing is good indeed.

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong or my perspective is off balance.

I think that the DAO would agree that diversity without bias for exclusionary practices that; disenfranchise any person(s), make decisions on the basis of, utilize time to specifically target, attract or ‘market’ ENS (which is a public good) to any person(s) or groups of based on race, culture, heritage, nationality, citizenship, sovereignty, sex, gender, identity, religion, disability etc., does not align with the what ENS aims to accomplish.

That should not be confused with the the overall collective of individuals working in web3 of which aim to progress forward and establish a concrete foundation for a future society where we can live free of aged exclusionary principles.

This may have came off as an exclusionary proclamation— instead the opposite. ENS is for everyone and that should absolutely go without question. ENS DAO works differently that the organizations we are used to. The structure of ENS DAO lets the specificities of work to be self-governed, created, established by ENS DAO members (you, me, us, we) under the respective working groups.

ENS DAO is a mechanism. Think of it as machine that has multiple product outputs that when fabricated correctly, all the pieces create ENS for what it is.

control board being the DAO itself ensuring all other components work together.
governance as a quality assurance inspector
contracts being relayers and resistors
electricity being the workload
gears being the working groups
subgroups being the capacitors or gears
power cord is the funding stream
that all together creates ENS ecosystem

The DAO is simply a mechanism that we all are part of and goals of adoption and development are ultimately up to us as individuals collectively as the DAO.

It’s up to us to build it because we are the DAO a collective of individuals using initiative to make it happen, which includes you as well.

I wrote this without bias towards anything at all except only with ENS DAO as a mechanism in mind and nothing else.

I would consider what @alisha.eth recommended as well. But that does not mean you can’t share your ideas. They are encouraged. Communication and exploration of ideas creates ENS success. Personally I want to encourage you to make this a personal goal to achieve as well as a goal for the DAO. You got this.

3 Likes

The ENS DAO is supposed to help everyone, but if someone makes a decision that goes against what the DAO is trying to achieve, it could have the opposite effect.

This is not helpful to the DAO!!!

1 Like

I’m Costa V. CEO & Founder of an early-stage blockchain startup. BlockDepth is my decentralized identity and is also my future vodcast show, BlockDepth, which is in development. At high-level, I envision it will be an exclusive platform for increasing the knowledge of the crypto-curious and to providing a voice to the crypto community, introducing the various decentralized technologies and focusing on Ethereum and all that has derived, specially the ENS DAO endeavors, mission and vision. Aiming to separate fact from fiction to demonstrate Ethereum’s ongoing “proof of stake” technology, while educating newcomers on its benefits and impacts of L1-2 technologies.

As a Native Bilingual Hispanic-American, the following information I am openly sharing is to demonstrate dominance as a subject matter expert, subsequently, I will be submitting the appropriate documentation for consideration as one of the leading managers for the future strategic planning, development and implementation of this endeavor.

There is an expectation with global brands such as ENS DAO understands the language and culture difference among various countries and cultures. Today the best way to the Latin American markets is through the U.S. because here linguistic and cultural differences are often overlooked-U.S. Spanish speaking markets. The U.S. is now the second largest Spanish-speaking country, and Mexico is number one

The fastest way to gain a foothold in the Latin American market is through the United States. Today, 22 percent of the U.S. population is comprised of over 66.5 million Hispanics; 51 percent of Hispanic-Americans contributed over half of the total population growth within the U.S.; and 13 percent are foreign-born but naturalized, with 20 percent being foreign-born non-citizens.

The buying power of Hispanics is estimated at $2 trillion, which makes this an attractive market segment for companies looking to increase sales in Latin America. In my home state of Texas, which has a large Hispanic population, this group accounts for 40.2 percent of the state’s population-more than any other ethnic group- and non-Hispanic white residents account for 39.4%.

To capture this ICP, a mere translation of our marketing content into Spanish should do it, right? Not exactly! There are many interpretations of how to define Hispanic vs, Latino. I’ll distinguish the two in the following way: Hispanic refers to language and Latino (including Latina and Latino) refer to a location. Therefore, Hispanic here is defined as one who has a Spanish-speaking origin or ancestry, including Spain.

Not all English is the same as U.S. English or U.K. English. The same for Spanish from the many countries in Latin America to Spain as there are even more dialects. It is not just about different pronunciations.

The term Latino refers to Spanish speakers in general, but only those from Latin America-including Brazil. (Portuguese is spoken in Brazil, and thus, Portuguese-speaking Brazilians are not considered to be Hispanic.) Hispanic and Latino are often used interchangeably, even though they do not mean the same thing. It is important to be aware of not only whom you are targeting, but also how you choose to reference them. Not all Spanish-speaking people are Latino and not all Latinos are Hispanic.

Hispanics in the United States are more likely to identify themselves by their country of origin than by a pan-ethnic label. However, it’s important to tailor your marketing efforts to the preferences of local Hispanic communities, as these preferences vary from state to state.

For example, a survey by the Pew Hispanic Center found that 39% of Hispanics in California prefer to be referenced as Hispanic, while 17% prefer to be referenced as Latino. This preference is much stronger in Texas, where 46% of Hispanics prefer to be referenced as Hispanic, compared with 8% who prefer to be referenced as Latino.

Localization is critical to the success of businesses in states with high Hispanic populations, such as Texas, California, Arizona, New Mexico, New York, and Florida. There are numerous dialects of Spanish and Spanish variants spoken in the U.S., so Google Translate isn’t an effective tool for translating this languages-it can’t tailor translations to these dialects.

We must consider generational and cultural gaps while tailoring marketing tactics and content there are two main groups

Traditionalists: Older immigrants can be considered traditionalists if they do not speak fluent English. A firm’s marketing strategy should emphasize Hispanic cultural values and traditions such as food, family, and holidays. To effectively reach these traditionalists, a company should know the various dialects and idioms within a specific region and continue engaging them after initial contact is made.

Millennials Second-generation Hispanics are the younger family members, including millennials, who have taken to U.S. customs and English but still appreciate, respect, and enjoy their culture, language, and heritage.

Culturally, marketers tend to divide Hispanic online consumers into three different categories: Hispanic Dominant, Bicultural, and U.S. Dominant.

• Hispanic Dominant (23%): This group speaks predominantly Spanish at home and consumes most media in Spanish. Typically, they’re foreign-born and have a mean age of 40. On average, they’ve lived in the U.S. for seven years.

• Bicultural (31%): This crowd typically speaks both English and Spanish at home, but they consume most media in English. They’re a combination of foreign and U.S. born and have a mean age of 34. They’ve lived in the U.S., on average, for 22 years.

• U.S. Dominant (46%): This bunch generally speaks English at home and consumes most media in English. They’re U.S. born and with a mean age of 37, they’ve lived in the U.S. an average of 36 years.

• Offline, the sizing of these groups is reversed, with Hispanic Dominant representing 52% of the segment, Bicultural 19%, and U.S. Dominant at 28%.

For U.S. Dominant or Bicultural audiences, blending both Spanish and English into your campaign by incorporating Spanish phrases, quotes, terms, etc. in your messaging to reach Hispanic consumers. Crypto terms can remain in English

Pew Hispanic Center found that Hispanic mobile phone owners are more likely than Anglo mobile phone owners to access the internet—40% vs. 34%. And according to a Google Consumer Survey, Hispanics are 3 times more likely to buy mobile apps and digital media than non-Hispanics.

Hispanic audiences use social media more frequently than any other demographic group, and they spend more time on Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok than any other demographic group. These insights emphasize the need for marketers to develop strategies that resonate with these audiences when developing marketing campaigns.

Cultural diversity can be seen in different ethnicities, language dialects, and spending patterns. Therefore, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the differences within a country. This can be accomplished by researching the latest trends on social media, hiring local employees or services that are aware of these differences, and understanding the local culture and customs. Bottom line: Localize, localize, localize.

1 Like

:hourglass_flowing_sand:

Perhaps from the point of view of the market.

From the social point of vie:

The fastest and most effective way (for me) is to reach territories where people do not have access to banking or have difficulty accessing it and educating them in the use of the ENS (giving them their first ENS).

When they see that they can receive payment for their products or services with a wallet, word of mouth spreads like wildfire. With ENS, we help make that wallet simple, secure and easy for these people to remember.

The makes perfect sense, as everyone needs to have access to their money, or in this case, Dinero! I am confident that I can tackle this quite easy, I am actively developing my vodcast, where I will be introducing the various decentralized technologies and focusing on Ethereum and all that has derived, specially the ENS DAO endeavors, mission and vision!

But to reach the heights of those audiences would be one of my challenges,
I have reached out to some acquaintances that happen to be Mexico’s Crypto Influencers and I can confidently say the opportunities are there. I am basically waiting for the elections to conclude so that I can submit a proposal. If you would like to collaborate send me your contact info via a DM on discord or here.

1 Like