We are a team of devs looking to solve problems in the Web3 space. As we hang around in Discord servers of various communities ( NFT projects, Web3 Games, Product communities etc ) - we feel Discord is broken for Web3 communities’ use case. Every other day, a discord server gets hacked and people lose money or data. Wallets and smart contracts are not first-class citizens of the Discord which makes it broken and limiting in terms of what potential communities could achieve.
It is tragic that most servers recommend keeping DMs switched off on a social platform like Discord.
We have started working on a product that we intend to make 10X better than Discord for Web3 communities.
- Native NFT based token gating ( no need for centralized plugins )
- Zk-proof based public profile ( you can add multiple wallets to your profile and get access to communties without actually revealing your wallet and its contents to others.
- Reputation and roles on the chain
- SAFE DMs ( based on reputation )
- Chat on IPFS ( Optional )
- Enable smart-contract based plug-ins ( NFT trade, Minting, Whitelisting, Airdrops , Raffles etc ) can all happen within the product.
- Native crypto payments or token transfers
- Native integration with ENS
- Desktop apps
We are in the early stages and aiming to build this with the community and in a decentralised fashion.
Does the product make sense? Does it have a chance to succeed given Discord is the defacto community tool today?
Do any of you run communities and would like to be part of our council and use the product when its ready?
What would be your concerns?
Would you request any features?
Would love any kind of feedback and thoughts/ideas.