Wrapped Name Attributes to be Displayed in Marketplace Listings

Question here for the ENS devs:

Is there a way to express the current attributes of a wrapped name on marketplace sites like opensea etc.

As an example: When a potential buyer of a wrapped name stumbles across a wrapped name on a market place, in the details or attributes section of the listing, the end user would be able to see the current attributes of the wrapped name, such as any burned fuses, expiration information / options etc. This way every potential buyer of a wrapped name has the opportunity to understand what type of control they would have over the wrapped name prior to purchasing, and without needing to use a separate tool to look into this information.

3 Likes

All fuse/expiry information will be part of the metadata, see here: add namewrapper specific traits to the metadata by mdtanrikulu · Pull Request #150 · ensdomains/ens-metadata-service · GitHub

There is also a separate trait for the “state”, like Wrapped / Emancipated / Locked.

I don’t think OpenSea will use the raw fuse data, but at least you’ll be able to use that Name Wrapper Expiry / State to search on names that are either Emancipated or Locked.

Other platforms that are more in-tune with ENS like ENS.Vision, could decide to display more fine-grained information about which fuses are burnt too.

7 Likes

Cool - thanks for the explanation and quick reply!

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could also select the relevant text records or content records and have them display on the main Avatar ??

So then the avatar becomes almost like a Web3 Business card.

Seems so obvious to me and a simple way to showcase the multiple levels of already built in utility on any ENS domain.

Am I crazy? :saluting_face::joy::man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes