( proposal ) ens in morocco 2024

1.Who Am I ?

Hello ENS network, my name is Salim , I’m from Morocco and I’m 31 years old. I was studied economie in UIR school in Morocco and i’m working in call center , zakaria 28 years old basketball player and nurse . Our experience in the cryptocurrency world started 2 years ago as trader with Bitcoin as everyone but I didn’t stop looking for other coins in coinmarketcap.

2.ABSTRACT:

1 : ENS Conferences In Morocco

We will start with 3 Conferences will take the biggest cities and I will request funds from the treasury to explain the following concepts to the public .

A.The First Conference Will Be In Casablanca / Morocco :

Casablanca : is the largest city in Morocco with a total population of 3,359,818. The city has its origins in the 7th Century when Berbers, an indigenous ethnic tribe, made it their capital.

B.The Second Conference would Be In Rabat,Salé / Morocco :

Salé : Has a population of 890,403 individuals. It is the fifth largest city in Morocco by population. The city has berber roots dating back to the 1000s. The city is also called Salli or Sallee. One of the most famous sights in Salé is the giant Great Mosque. Salé is located adjacent to the Moroccan capital of Rabat.

Rabat : is the capital of Morocco. It is also the seventh largest city in the country with a total population of around 580,000.

2 : Slam Dunk With ENS In Morocco

A : we will do A basketball competitions in the three cities in which I worked Conferences in same day after Conference and as u now Moroccans are big sports fans .we’ll register the teams who they will participate in the basketball competitions and we’ll give tickets to audience to come and see the competitions

B : Timeline :

• we’ll visit 3 cities ( my city + 2 other cities )

A. Rabat ( our city ) / B. Casablanca C. kenitra

• For each city we’ll start the event on the Monday of each week. The event will last 5 hours.

• There will be 10 teams in this competition for each city . Each team consists of 6 players and we’ll create two groups for these 10 teams (Group A and Group B )

• The winning team gets 300 usd and the 9 other teams will get 100 usd each. You’ll ask why we should to pay the losers? Because we need to get their trust and give them good start and also let them see ENS is the best in the world. We want to grow the ENS community in Morocco

3 : ENS News Weekly In Arabic

A : What’s my main goal ?

Break the language barrier for arabic and viewers, and let them adopt ENS news on a weekly basis. since it’s more attractive and easier to follow if it’s in their native language.

B : What’s my objective ?

I will release two videos everyweek talking about ENS breaking news for 12 months , for example what are the most attractive offers and facilities of ENS , their new posted proposals and why people should join it ASAP, because it’s an immergeant market full of benefice.

C : Why ENS needs this asap ?

As you all know, arabic is the language of a huge community, which means a big potential of future users. the arabic worlds, there is sure a very acceptable crypto action going on, especially in Dubai and other countries of the Middle east. That’s why i believe it’s vital to do different languages to keep a bigger community alerted.

3.BENEFIT TO ENS ECOSYSTEM:

• Create a big ENS community and buzz with merchant adoption in Morocco.

• That the people who attend the conferenced can see an activemember of the ENS community (I consider myself) explaining the project and answering the questions that arise.

• The basketball competitions and Conferences Events will have 240 players from 3 different cities I’ll have approximately 100 person audience for each match.

• release two videos everyweek talking about ENS news proposal arabic ( 12 months )

• translate anything about ENS to arabic

4.STEPS TO IMPLEMENT & TIMELINE :

A : First payment will be involved in it :

• ENS Conference In Morocco ( 1 week )

• Slam Dunk With ENS In Morocco ( 1 week )

B : Second Payment Upon Proof of Completion will be involved in it :

• ENS News Weekly In Arabic ( 12 months )

5.OVERALL COST:

• 1 : ENS Conferences In Morocco cost :

-Travel, sleep and eat : 140 Usd

-Conferences room : 417 Usd

-Advertising : 210 Usd

-Workshop Materials : 280 Usd

-Catering : 490 Usd

-Registration and security staff : 210 Usd

-Video recording : 500 Usd

-Video editing : 280 Usd

-English translation = 140 Usd

-English subtitles = 140 Usd

> Total = 2807 usd

• 2 : Slam Dunk With ENS In Morocco Cost :

-Leasing basketball stadium 2 days for each city : 900 usd

-ENS Merchandise: different shirt for 240 players, different 30 banners and 240 stickers = 700 usd

-ENS Tables , chairs for the Ambassadors 120 usd

-Travel: 114 usd

-Prizes: Teams, Audience: 3778 usd

-Cameraman: 230 usd

> Total = 5842 usd

• 3 : ENS News Weekly In Arabic cost :

-Workshop Materials : 280 Usd

-News Weekly In Arabic : 2175 usd

-translation anything about ENS in arabic : 654 usd

-Video recording : 721 Usd

-Video editing : 503 Usd

-English translation = 366 Usd

-English subtitles = 366 Usd

> Total = 5065 usd

Grand Total = 13714 usd

For all this, I wanted to know, the opinion of the MN operator community before launching the proposal. I expect opinions, suggestions and feedback.

1 Like

does it really cost 900 to lease whole stadium?

Hi thank u for this question.

as i said before we will visit 3 city that’s mean 3 stadium and will stay 2 day for each city .

that cost 300 usd for 2 days , or u can say 150 usd for day in stadium if u calcult it u will find 900 usd total .

note : this’s first staduim we will start with :point_down:t2:

I think @SpikeWatanabe.eth was implying that $900 for 3 stadiums is incredibly cheap relative to US/UK pricing…

Generally I think that spreading ENS to other areas of the world is a fantastic idea. That said, it seems that this is your first post on the forum and that you are somewhat new to the ENS Ecosystem. I believe that you would absolutely get DAO backing for such a proposal were you to demonstrate your interest over a longer period of time and were to actively involve yourself in the ecosystem.

For example, I’d reccomend coming to the weekly ecosystem calls and introducing yourself.

Have you previously published your ‘ENS News’ in Arabic?

2 Likes

• Hi @clowes.eth , the price for lease stadium It varies for each country and also my friend he will work with me he’s basketball player and famous in Morocco club , they give him discount .

• spreading ENS to other areas of the world is a fantastic idea Especially the Arabs at this time . And as a beginning for me, it is Morocco and if my proposal passed i will make new one with new idea to go in dubia

• as u see this’s my first proposal that’s mean i have never ENS News in Arabic , But topic will be for exmple : (new proposal posted and Track their work ) etc…

@Moneky_D.Luffy
Morocco seems lovely, I remember when they wanted to make Devcon 4 in Morocco and I think it should’ve been. I’d love to go and I think organizing a conference there would be awesome.

Having said that, I think your post needs you to talk more about your prior experience organizing conferences. I am a bit skeptical of the prices, but I understand that currency valuation varies a lot.

Also, I think the best way to do it would probably to start with a smaller event or hackathon for which you asked ENS sponsorship. Instead of saying each payment is one conference" I think it’s best if you show us the conference you’re trying to organize, how far along is it, which other sponsors have you gotten so far, who will be speaker etc. Tell us about a local meetup you have organized, or a small scale conference you’ve been a part of the team for.
That’s how usually these events are planned.

2 Likes

• i want to start build arab community in morocco and after that i will go to dubia that what in my mind now . You will tell me why arab people ? I will tell u just go check twitter of binance mena u will see only this month how many giveway they did and inside this giveway people should to do something to get the prize , that’s mean Marketing in a smart way ( i know binance not like ENS but i give u just exmple ) and also you will see many conferences they did in morocco & dubia many arab conturies

• About the prices I wrote carefully where it would go and my team will be me and zakaria and other of my friends will help me In this event

Who are the other sponsors and speakers at your conference? Usually there are multiple sponsors for a conference.

That’s good question .

sponsors : We will get support from each city based on basketball team Because they are the ones who are very popular here .

speakers : at moment me and zakaria & and girl her name ( ihssan > doesn’t want to share her informations here ) also if we found other spakers i will update .

Thanks .

Update : what we did before ?

Salim :

• in 2017 i was secondly speaker in conference supported by alc , From which I gained good experience speaking in front of a number of people.

Zabaria :

• Picture with my basketball team

• Visiting poor village and doing medical check-ups with classmates.

• perfect event with korean people & Moroccan in nature supported by alc.

We have a lot of memories but that’s pictures we found.

Thanks .

You seem like a very dedicated guy with a big enthusiasm for the ecosystem. Here’s my recommendation:

• start setting up local meetups. These can be very cheap to make
  • get in contact with other members of Arabian ethereum community. Back in 2018 there was a big push for DevCon Morrocco, ill see if I can find who was organizing it
  • Go to other conferences and volunteer as an organizer, this is great for making contacts and acquiring experience
  • Start organizing small events and then seeking sponsorships from multiple parties (ENS included)
  • Organize virtual meetups
  • Get a small grant for organizing a meetup or translating documents at ensgrants.xyz
2 Likes

Hi ,Thank you for this beautiful words .

i will contact my team and tell them that & We will work on this soon

Update

• We did small meetup with our friends talking about ENS .

• Our next step we will create a topic in the forums for the temp check for our proposal, we need to have other people delegate their tokens to us, enough to reach 10k voting power or someone delegate who has at least 10k voting power to submit the proposal for us.

Update :

• This t-shirt will given to our audience in the conferences In order to look beautiful and unified .

• This’s the 10 teams basketball design will be in the competitions

you need to own morocco.eth do that properly

maybe better idea would be to issue subnames for all conference participants under morocco.eth

EDIT:

Morocco.eth is for slae for 30eth, sorry if that’s not the news you wanted to hear. I’m thinking it would be way over your budget. I suppose you can certainly print those t-shirts, but the message will be tad misaligned.

1 Like

Hi ,

Thank u to let me hear that but just now a Search for a lot of names i found them avilable also cost only 5$ i will update t-shirt & everything when my proposal passed , i can’t post new name now maybe someone will buy it .

1 Like

this is spot on! :slight_smile: first rule of ens name, don’t talk about ens name :slight_smile:

until you register it of course! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes morocco.eth was register in 2023-08-16
Don’t worry we will find good one to represent our proposal

1 Like

Hey @Moneky_D.Luffy, I’ve been following this post for the past week and have considered it through the lens of the Public Goods working group to see if there is anything I could suggest as Public Goods steward. For context, the Public Goods working group focuses on funding in the broader Web3 and Ethereum ecosystems, whereas other working groups are focused more specifically on the ENS ecosystem in isolation.

In addition to clearly envisioning the long-term positive effects of this request, I also struggle to see the value of this proposal in driving the adoption of Ethereum or Web3 at large. In the past, we have generally focused on more technical and education-oriented initiatives, while this opportunity primarily centers around sporting events with ENS/Web3 as a secondary focus.

One good example of a similar request that has seen success is Ethereum Guatamala, which received a 10k grant in 2023 to host an in-person event focused on Web3 builders and education. They hosted a hackathon and talks and delivered an exceptional amount on a relatively small budget. This funding helped them kickstart an annual event that was repeated this year. I recognize this may be a unicorn example, but we are still seeing a return on that 10k grant, and it has created an ongoing relationship with a community. As a DAO and working group, we should strive for more of these opportunities.

Unfortunately, I don’t see a strong case for direct funding from our working group, but you are welcome to explore the following options:

• Find a delegate to sponsor your proposal directly or,
  • Submit to our Small Grants round (live later this week), which is a great way to validate community interest in funding.
2 Likes

Hi @Coltron.eth thanks for this informations

• First thing we will start translation pages into arabic In order to make it easier for the Arab community to read and understand.

• Sure we will looking for a delegate to sponsor our proposal and become our escorow because we need that.