Agenda for Weekly Ecosystem Meeting, April 4, 2022 @ 6PM GMT

Elected Stewards: @slobo.eth, @Ginge.eth, and @bobjiang
Time: 6PM GMT
Google Meet link: https://meet.google.com/oaj-qrgv-var

A) Review / determine funding request for sub-groups (.eth website)

Ecosystem Working Group Is official Funded (gnosis safe)

B) Highlight ecosystem projects
C) ENS core updates, if any
D) Review any upcoming events with ENS involvement

I encourage folks to reply with other topics they would like to discuss.

We will continue to post notes of the calls as a reply to each weeks agenda to reduce the clutter in the forum.

Last Minute Topic

Sorry I couldn’t make this; due to DST changes this is now at 6AM for me.

I’ll make sure to move this back an hour.

1 Like

Sorry I wanted to make this badly but I already had 5 calls yesterday and I was finished mentally and physically by 20:00. Any discussions around the upcoming events/conferences?

Attendees: Ginge, Alisha, slobo.eth, Coltron.eth, Neiman Lib, hellen stans, brian millsJr.eth

Both @Ginge.eth & @BrianMillsJr.Eth took notes, thank you.

Notes

A) Review / determine funding request for sub-groups (.eth website)

Utopia (demo) or Parcel (demo) for will be used for managing and tracking the funding.

B) Highlight ecosystem projects

Discussion Summary on .eth website competition

• More educational / developer content is key to making sure the DAO has a good ROI on funds deployment.
  • Examples of great content are twitter threads, youtube videos, and blog posts
  • 100 ENS split among more winners has more impact

This is a great resource on how to build a .eth website: How to build an .eth website. A guest article by zaccary.eth, the… | by Esteroids | Medium

C) ENS core updates, if any

• RFP model for community to participate and engage- getting more engagement from people who might not participate

D) Review any upcoming events with ENS involvement

Potentially some “unofficial” social events at https://amsterdam.ethglobal.com

How we can do better?

1. have shared calendar that is more accessible and integrated into #events (@Coltron.eth has already set this up)
  2. Key role for stewards is to “warm up” (@alisha.eth) the DAO. Set up systems that allow the DAO to function well.

An Incomplete Guide to What Should a Steward Do? (@slobo.eth’s take, can expand if useful)

1. Make sure there are regular meetings with a clear agenda
  2. Document key items from meetings
  3. Be a resource that contributors and potential contributors can access
  4. Manage any funds of the DAO transparently, diligent, and in a way that aligns with the working groups objectives. In the ecosystem that would be to direct funds to people who are improving the protocol, building on top the protocol, on-boarding devs, and creating educational resources that make the prior three easier to do.
  5. Be open to feedback

Bonus: Work to set up meetings in GMT

1 Like