Google Meet link : https://meet.google.com/oaj-qrgv-var
A) DAO Merch store Update – more info here
B) ENS Project Highlight
C) Review any upcoming events with ENS involvement
D) ENS core updates
E) Open space for additional topics
F) Should we switch to zoom from google meets?
FYI: All working groups are working diligently on putting forth a budget for term 2.
Attendees: slobo.eth, validator.eth, maintainer.eth, Hellen Stans, 5pence.eth, Harshad Fad, oakgroup.eth, coltron.eth, gregskril.eth carlosdo.eth, vegayp.eth, SydMead-eth.limo, Bryan Altman, zadok7.eth,
- coltron.eth and 5pence.eth have fielded proposals from the ENS Merch Store RFP. They are currently negotiating terms with General Magic as the prospective selectee to build and operate the merch store. The goal is for General Magic to be a full-service operator with minimal administration needed from the DAO.
- This will not need to go to an executable proposal because it will be included as a subgroup in the Ecosystem working group.
- No guarantees or agreements will be made with General Magic until funding is allocated in an approved Ecosystem budget.
- The target “go-live” date is in mid-September, which would allow merch ordering for DevCon.
- A demo of the customized merch ordering experience can be seen here, but will be customized for ENS and rely on Printful’s on-demand service.
- Harshad Fad spoke on his project, https://www.gweiclub.xyz. He was seeking input if their web3 social media platform that would be useful to ENS. The use case is that it displays how long you’ve been on Ethereum and what NFTs you own and creates a profile for you.
- There are a few similar projects deployed and a constructive comment from carlosdp.eth recommended focusing on a particular set of users to optimize and differentiate.
- Coinbase will be using “cb.id” built on ENS. They chose to import the DNS to prevent confusion around the .eth TLD; there is a misconception that it only represents Ethereum.
- It was discussed that a blog or medium post would be helpful to discuss the DNS-ENS integration and provide clarity around the Coinbase implementation.
- @vegayp requested ENSmail to be added to the August 1st Agenda.
- @validator.eth updated the attendees the ENSfairy which has been given 181 ENS names.
- Sentiment is that we will keep Google Meet. This call had 14 attendees and Google seems to be working well with proper links.