Attendees: coltron.eth, avsa.eth, alisha.eth, anthonyware.eth, carlosdp.eth, hellenstans.eth, oakgroup.eth, Niran Babalola, Okoronkwo Chidi, RicMoo, zadok7.eth, stevegachau.eth, Anas Hamada
A) Please vote on EP 16 on-chain 2
Please go vote, and stay informed!
B) Short recap of July 2022 for PG WG
- Budget was created and put into a collective proposal.
- First Small Grants Round occurred at the end of last month.
- The winners have been paid from the PG multi-sig.
- carlosdp.eth has received both payments for initial development.
- The Public Goods working group is fully configured on Orca for Term 2.
C) Devcon preparations
- avsa.eth has worked with the Devcon team to add ENS addresses for anyone registering for Devcon.
- avsa.eth is reaching out to local businesses in Bogota to help create custom swag at the event. This supports the local community and reduces the logistics of traveling with, or shipping, swag to the event.
D) PG Projects: Panvala Stamps/ Niran Babalola
Panvala Stamps is a marketing program for businesses to reach their customers by funding the communities they’re in. This helps keep marketing dollars away from middlemen and gives the user control of where the funding is spent. The analog for this model is the Boxtops for Education program in the U.S.
- Sponsors mint Panvala stamps with a monetary value attached. ENS registrants would earn these stamps by registering an ENS Name and deciding which communities those stamps would be given to.
- The working group may decide to undertake a pilot program with Panvala.
E) Updates on Small Grants
- A google doc is available for contributing improvement ideas asynchronously.
F) Gitcoin GR15
- The next Gitcoin grants round will run September 7-22, 2022. Details TBD.
G) Open space for additional topics
- Discussed Chainsafe, Umbracash, and the current Tornado Cash sanctions in relation to the Public Goods working group and the DAO.