Hello and welcome to the Ethereum Name Service DAO Newsletter!
As always, new editions are published on the 1st and 15th of every month.
We encourage any feedback, questions, or comments!
|[EP16.1] [Executable] Q3 & Q4 2022 Meta-Governance WG Budget||Executed|
|[EP16.2] [Executable] Q3 & Q4 2022 Ecosystem WG Budget||Executed|
|[EP16.3] [Executable] Q3 & Q4 2022 Public Goods WG Budget||Executed|
Additionally, the “on-chain” vote to dissolve the Community Working Group was passed and executed on Tally.
Visit the ENS Snapshot page for details regarding the most recent proposals.
For details on the ENS DAO proposal process see our Governance Docs.
Last term (Q1/Q2) the Ecosystem working group had a total budget of $50k USDC to distribute across initiatives. For Term 2 (Q3/Q4) an executable proposal was passed that will distribute $1.5m USDC to the Ecosystem working group. A significant portion of this funding will be assigned specifically to fund developers in the ENS Ecosystem.
Builders are encouraged to attend the ENS Ecosystem Working Group calls, weekly on Monday at 2PM Eastern Time to present projects for DAO support and funding consideration.
It’s nearly time for Gitcoin’s quarterly Grants Round. The Ecosystem working group will distribute $69k (nice) in an ENS Ecosystem round as part of GR15. For more information, please see this thread by @alisha.eth
If your work relates to ENS or the ENS ecosystem, there are a few different ways to request funding from the ENS DAO - including Working Group grants, via our ENS Small Grants platform, or through a DAO-wide proposal. Please see this post by @alisha.eth for more details.
For more about Public Goods as a function of fulfilling community values and demonstrating Positive Externalities, please see our editorial, Public Goods in the ENS Ecosystem.
A summary of the Q3/Q4 election results, as well as Steward and DAO Secretary responsibilities is available in our previous edition.
The Ecosystem Working Group held two meetings in early August, on the 1st and 8th. More information about what was discussed in the meetings can be found here:
- Weekly Ecosystem Meeting, August 1, 2022 @ 6PM GMT
- Weekly Ecosystem Meeting, August 8, 2022 @ 6PM GMT
The Meta-Governance Working Group held two meetings in early August, on the 1st and 8th. More information about what was discussed in the meetings can be found here:
The Public Goods Working Group held two meetings in early August, on the 2nd and the 9th. More information about what was discussed in the meetings can be found here:
- Weekly Public Goods Meeting, August 2nd, 2022 @ 5pm GMT
- Weekly Public Goods Meeting, August 9th, 2022 @ 5pm GMT
Rainbow has integrated support for ENS profiles, including the abilities to “Upload a PFP and cover photo, add your handles and links, and organize your NFT showcase.”
A Twitter Space was held on August 12th, to discuss the integration.
- Visit the Term 2 dashboard.
- Follow the ENS DAO and ENS DAO Newsletter accounts on Twitter.
- Join our Governance Forum and visit our Governance Docs to learn how our Governance Process works.
- Join our weekly onboarding call hosted by vegayp.eth every Friday at 1:30 pm EST (6:30pm UTC) to learn about our DAO, governance process, $ENS Tokens, and current projects.
- Join on our Discord to chat about ENS or speak to a moderator.
According to the Twitter account ENS Sales Bot, the top five .eth name sales (letters) of the past two weeks were:
- suilend.eth - 75Ξ (145,000 USD)
- blackjack.eth - 48.73Ξ (95,000 USD)
- monaco.eth - 31Ξ (60,000 USD)
- ken.eth - 21.38Ξ (41,500 USD)
- muhammed.eth - 13.13Ξ (25,000 USD)
And the top five .eth name sales (numbers) were:
- 066.eth - 50Ξ (97,000 USD)
- 044.eth - 44Ξ (85,000 USD)
- 805.eth - 24Ξ (46,500 USD)
- 980.eth - 20.5Ξ (40,000 USD)
- 165.eth - 20Ξ (39,000 USD)
.eth - 12.5Ξ (24,000 USD)
.eth - 9.99Ξ (19,500 USD)
Thank you very much for reading! Take care.