Google Meet link : https://meet.google.com/ezi-hugc-qnq
Attendees: alisha.eth, anthonyware.eth, carlosdp.eth, coltron.eth, Doug Cotler, helenstans
Mahesh Murthy, Maintainer.eth, nick.eth, oakgroup.eth, vegayp.eth,
A) Reminder of two proposals currently up on Tally. Please go vote.
- Budgets (~3.3M USD equivalent) were created and sent to the on-chain proposal.
- Working Groups now have an e-mail at @ensdao.xyz. Stewards have been given access.
- Change of admin for Community Working Group.
- Code of Conduct was passed off to mods and TNL.
- Karma plug-in integrated on the forum, with banner improvement expected in the next month.
C) Discuss: Executable proposal process.
- Discussed if we should amend the governance process to allow proposals to go straight to an executable proposal.
Takeaways from this discussion
- Would implement a system that requires an $ENS deposit to reduce spam. If a proposal failed, as a result other than an error in the submission, the deposit would be forfeited.
- We should prevent code errors when updating the governor contract.
- carlosdp.eth will draft the code for the $ENS deposit.
- coltron.eth will draft possible updates to governance docs.
- Working Group budgets will still go to a snapshot as required by WG Rules.
This will be a continued discussion.
- Mahesh from Karma updated the working group on the second forum plug-in.
- This is expected to be delivered in the next month.
Gas reimbursement for redelegation.
- Requested to be added as an agenda item for next call.
- Seemingly widespread support for opening a window for gas reimbursement for redelegation before each term elections.
- It was discussed to implement this in November around the anniversary of the DAO.
- Potential costs are outlined in Nick’s post.
- OpenZeppelin released a patch to deal with late votes. This can be combined with other contract updates regarding: executable requirements.