Bring in outside Auditor in so the masses see where they money is going

That is also incorrect, the DAO never owned those tokens in the first place.

The ENS core team decided the token distribution, and laid it out clearly here: $ENS Token Allocation (Claiming Opens Nov 8) — ENS

The vast majority of the allocation was to the DAO treasury, the airdrop, and the timelock contract for core contributors. The 0.125% portion for “active discord users” was controlled by TNL from the very beginning.

From the list of people in those txns, I can see that you also received major money. It dont surprise me that you want to defend it. This only shows how allegiance is bought in corporations. Like I said, we know it was TNLs money and their convenient discretion but it could just as easily be DAO’s money and transparent. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Hiding behind technicalities and discretion doesn’t work in a transparent ecosystem. Everyone knows how this looks

Where can I confirm this? The drop 74 days ago was 20 something users not 400+ discord users.

But that’s not what you said, and others in the thread have had to correct you multiple times when you said things that were not true.

There is no hiding behind anything, everything is on-chain and multiple people in the thread have explained it all? You’re trying to make a mountain out of that 0.125% “discord contributor” allocation molehill. I don’t know what else we can tell you, there are the facts and on-chain transactions.

I am sorry but I am slightly confused. Alisha said that money came out of TNL’s contributor allocation but you are saying that the 0.125% portion is also part of TNL’s contributor allocation? I doesn’t say so on the pie chart that 0.125% is part of TNL’s allocation. It also says 400+ users not 20+

The original Discord airdrop was done inside of Discord itself, all people who verified themselves and got one of the server roles before the 10/31/21 snapshot were eligible to claim that. There were private channels created for that and all eligible people were automatically added to those channels and given instructions on how to claim them. That was back in early November, 2021. Not everyone claimed them though, so there were some leftover, and TNL distributed the rest at their discretion (that was the “74 days ago” piece).

1 Like

That is useful information that Alisha should have provided right away and is now very helpful. Thank you so much. So I take it that 0.125% is part of TNL’s allocation then? Can someone say Yes or No to this from TNL? There are many other small percentages on the pie chart. Which other ones are part of TNL’s allocation? Thank you again for providing insight

I don’t know for sure, but I think everything that was not allocated to the DAO Treasury (50%), the community Airdrop (25%), or the Timelock contract (18.96%, plus maybe some of those other small percentages?).

1 Like

There’s an error in the distribution chart where it amounts to 100.005% - I’m guessing that the Active Discord User allocation should really be 0.12% which would make it an even 100%

Not that it makes a large difference, but since that figure was brought up I figured it might be good to point that out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where did 0xaccountant’s posts go? Did they delete them or did someone remove them? We need and audit of this now too. Sigh.

There are too many insiders now deflecting for there not to be a full audit. Disappearing posts, hostile tone, and no more clarity to the OP’s brutal, but now seemingly intelligent wish.

The worst thing that can happen to the ENS is for drama with misappropriated funds, and no transparency. One of the most important things for a democratic system to work is delegating power, not trying to hoard it. We get it, everyone is wealthy here and cocksure in their opinions, but it is important to understand most people in the world are not, and why we all wanted to decentralize things. If the DAO is corrupted, it becomes de facto centralized.

These tokens were distributed, at TNL’s discretion, to contributors who had done extraordinary work in helping to establish the DAO.

Appeals to emotion aren’t helpful, they are the root of the potential problems pointed out.

I doubt that quoted post was emotionally charged. Your post is emotionally charged.

Please be objective. Yes an audit is good. No, jumping into conclusions and accusing people of being corrupt is wrong. You can open a proposal for an audit, include your objectives and goals.

2 Likes

I doubt that quoted post was emotionally charged. Your post is emotionally charged.

Please be more polite. Your tone comes off condescending here. I did not say emotionally charged. Alisha.eth used a logical fallacy to justify things when unneeded. Emotionally charged and an appeal to emotion are vastly different things.

No, jumping into conclusions and accusing people of being corrupt is wrong.

Pointing out that drama from potential corruption from a system likely flawed enough to facilitate that is a bad absolutely is not the same as accusing people of being corrupt. Please rephrase, this seems a bit uncivil.

You can open a proposal for an audit, include your objectives and goals.

This absolutely will be done, but it is important for yourself to do it first rather than deflecting to a low ranking member of the DAO if you believe in it.

Anyone can make a proposal and you certainly can. Since you seem to be more passionate and ahead on the topic I would suggest you put forth the request. I look forward to reading your ideas.

I’m not a “high ranking member” by the way just so you know if you’re wondering.

1 Like

0xaccountant was a sock-puppet account of inplco’s and has been banned. His posts were mistakenly deleted as part of the ban process, and have now been restored.

1 Like

Ask about the percentages and who controls them :wink:

2 Likes

See my post caught some tractions. Lol

1 Like

Can I please get a grant? I have amazing ideas and will show my work along the way. How do I apply for these said grants. ?

If your grant relates to ENS or the ENS ecosystem there are a few different ways to receive a grant or funds from the ENS DAO:

Gitcoin Grants

Participate in the ENS ecosystem round of Gitcoin Grants. The next Gitcoin Grants Round, GR15, starts on September 7th and there will be a $69k round that will be distributed to ENS-related projects.

Working Group grants

Attend an Ecosystem working group call, which take place weekly, and pitch your idea or show proof of work to stewards. If your work is specifically DAO related, you could attend the MetaGovernance call, which also takes place every Monday.

ENS grants platform

Submit a grant to the ENS small grants platform at ensgrants.xyz. This month each working group will run a round awarding 1ETH to 5 projects with the highest number of votes. You can vote with $ENS. The next round will kick off in the next week or two, so be sure to follow the ENS DAO Twitter account for updates.

DAO-wide proposal

If you are looking for a larger sum, a DAO-wide proposal may be the best path forward, which requires moving an Executable Proposal through the governance process on this forum, or holding 100k $ENS to post a vote directly onchain.

8 Likes

Important discussion

1 Like

This didn’t age well