A) Small Grants - updates
B) PG Fellowship/Award - updates
C) Upcoming Events
D) Public goods project highlight
E) Open space for additional public goods topics
The November Small Grants is now live at ensgrants.xyz. Be sure to make your submissions before 6 pm UST on November 23rd.
Discussion: Reducing voter fatigue with the Small Grants.
There is an awareness that frequent and continuous rounds may create voter apathy. Attendees discussed cadence, incentives, and other ways to increase engagement.
- Possible incentives discussed were POAPS or NFTs to redeem merch.
- It was noted that many potential voters may be unaware of the Small Grants rounds and that cadence alone may not be the root cause of voter apathy.
- For context, there were 47 voters for the last public goods round and 108 for the Ecosystem Round
The working group will be sponsoring a Public Goods Fellowship. This program will provide a monthly stream for one year (!) to nominated individuals. The nomination period will commence on November 28th and run for one week.
- Nominations will take place via Typeform and will be consolidated by the stewards and put to a vote on Snapshot.
Submission and voting schedule:
- Nov. 28th - December 5th: Nominations open and announcement/reminder in PG WG mtg about nominations
- Dec. 7-10th: voting opens and announcement/reminder in PG WG mtg about voting
There are several upcoming events with ENS involvement before the end of the year. Check them out!
- CryptoPlaza - November 18th, 2022. Sponsorship and talks by Makoto.
- ETHGathering - November 19–20, 2022. Sponsorship, panel talks, and workshops supported by Makoto and Muhammed.
- The Crypties - November 30, 2022. The ENS DAO was put forth as a nominee for the 2022 DAO of the Year Award. This is an asynchronous event.
- ETHIndia - December 2-4, 2022. Hackathon sponsorship and booth.