Ask for feedback on improvements of Dune Analytics dashboards

Hey, I am doing work on Dune Analytics related to the projects I am most curious about when I have free time.

Since my start on Dune I have worked on two dashboards related to the ENS ecosystem:

1. ENS DAO
  2. ENS Revenue

Q: Is there anything else you are curious to see in them?
Q: What kind of information might be beneficial for you?

I would appreciate your feedback since it will narrow down the scope and focus of my work next time I feel curious about ENS.

4 Likes

Hi. Really nice figures. I especially liked the chart which shows how delegate number changes which some dashboard like vitally doesn’t show. I can’t think of other info we would like to know but I will let you know if I come up with one

4 Likes

Thanks for doing that! In the following table, how are you defining squatters? Those with more than x domains? I see you define squatters as someone with more than 5 domains. I would use another term, like “revenue from people who own 5 domains or less”. But I find extremely refreshing to see that most of the revenue is coming from people with few domains.

Something else I’d love to see is a table for how long domains are typically registered. Not necessarily “how many years do domains still have” but rather “when someone registers/renews, how many years are they registering for?”. Are most people registering for 1 year and then renewing every year? Are people who register long term more likely to be registering 5 years or 10 years? What’s the curve for people who register for longer than 10 years?

2 Likes

Thanks for doing that! In the following table, how are you defining squatters? Those with more than x domains?

The number of domains address owns was calculated as the median number of domains address had over the period of last year (month by month). Squatter is defined as the owner who has more than 5 domains.

I would use another term.

Yep, it is great if we can define a better definition. That is just a v0.1 version, which was needed for me to understand the bigger picture. Do you have a better definition in mind?

“when someone registers/renews, how many years are they registering for?”. Are most people registering for 1 year and then renewing every year? Are people who register long term more likely to be registering 5 years or 10 years? What’s the curve for people who register for longer than 10 years?

Thank you for the feedback! It is interesting, uncovers the user behavior a bit deeper :+1:

2 Likes