We’re excited to share the ENS DAO Governance Dashboard built on Dune Analytics for the ENS community (sneak peak below).
View on Dune: ENS DAO Governance
Making sense of DAO governance data can be challenging due to fragmented information sources and a lack of clear organization. Different tools provide different metrics, but all of this can make it more difficult to explore and analyze governance activity.
Although we believe these are good, we have consolidated and improved the available information with an ENS DAO Governance Dashboard on Dune Analytics.
Our motivation to create this dashboard is to continue to provide value to the DAO in new ways. In addition to managing the ENS Endowment and financial reporting with our friends at @Steakhouse, creating this dashboard is within our scope of work and we believe that data contributes to transparency and the overall health of protocol governance.
Having comprehensive data about the state of governance, the delegates, their voting power, and other relevant metrics ensures that the governance process is open and fair.
We’ve identified four primary entities to analyse, each with its set of metrics:
This category includes data relevant to overall governance, such as:
- Total number of delegates and delegated tokens
- Delegated tokens relative to the circulating supply
- Number of token holders currently delegating
Metrics in this section describe delegates and their relationship to governance. These include:
- Voting power, share of delegated tokens, date of first delegation received (delegate age), and the percentage of self-delegation relative to total votes per delegate.
- Number of delegates who control 51% of the voting power
- Number of delegates capable of providing quorum
- Number of delegates with the authority to submit on-chains and off-chain proposals
This category helps users understand changes in delegation. Metrics include (each described in detail on the Dune dashboard):
- Delegation changes triggered by user action
- Cumulative delegation changes triggered by user action
- Delegate Voting Power Delta (changes in voting power over the past 30 days)
We aim to identify where non-delegated tokens are located, categorizing holders of non-delegated tokens such as ENS Notable Wallets, CEXs, DEXs, contracts, multisigs, and more. Mainly built based on Dune available tags and some custom ones.
We welcome and encourage feedback!
This dashboard serves the ENS DAO and wider community. To make this tool the best it can be, tell us what additional governance-related questions should be answered with this tool.