We have done some marketing campaigns in the past. I would welcome any improvements or new ideas.
We have done the giveaways twice. Once in partnership with makersplace, and another one with pplpleasr
- The Winners of the ENS + MakersPlace NFT Art Competition (& How You Can Get Them) | by Brantly Millegan | The Ethereum Name Service | Medium
- ENS taking advantage of NFTs
- Celebrating ENS’s 4th Anniversary with an Original Pplpleasr NFT Giveaway | by makoto_inoue | The Ethereum Name Service | May, 2021 | Medium
I don’t think makersplace campaign was successful at all the announcement tweet only had 60 RT was required to enter the raffle.
@pplpleasr campaign was more successful. Even though the announcement tweet itself only had only had 162 retweet. It had over 2000 votes on the snapshot.
We partnered with Rabbit hole to pay gas worth of ETH (around $50) for each participant who set ENS reverse record and claimed the prize. We had a small spike the registration during the campaign
Even though gamification on onboarding is a great idea, it is quite expensive in terms of ROI.
We have been regularly sponsoring https://ethglobal.co hackathon event for $1000 prizes. With the sponsorship, we had a slot to present ENS as well as we introduce the hackathon winners in our blogpost
- ENS Will See You at ETHGlobal’s Hackathons This Year! | by Brantly Millegan | The Ethereum Name Service | Medium
- Connexion, Defi Custody Wallet, & More: Meet the ENS Winners at ETHWaterloo2 | by Brantly Millegan | The Ethereum Name Service | Medium
- Earn Referral Fees By Adding Our ENS Renewal Reminder Widget to Your Website | by makoto_inoue | The Ethereum Name Service | Medium
This was a complete flop as it was only 1 dapp (kickback which Makoto & Jeff develop as a side project) has been integrated.